How about it, general consensus is that Ca. is turned around just fine;

People who live here; https://www.quora.com/Has-Jerry-Brown-turned-California-around

Major publication; https://www.quora.com/Has-Jerry-Brown-turned-California-around

Money makes money , rich hire people that aren't as rich, they are leaving Cali, and New York.

Put it together, we can't fix what we loose.

All the fake Chinese cash helps it look ok

• Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it is opinion and I never stated it is anything else but. 

You do assume too much when you state " I seem to think my side is the only side of any value".

It is identical to every frickin' anti- left right wing post that appears on this page with the exception that instead of " Obummer, the Tic, Cuntery, the Silverback etc." my target is Trump.

I never started an Impeach Trump/ couldn't impeach Clinton I stated that WE TRIED TO IMPEACH CLINTON AND IT DIDN'T WORK. I don't read any opinion in that whatsoever other than the antiTrump meme.

Nice try though.

Remember how I said there were more posts I just didn't feel like quoting...So you didn't make this post with the included statement of firing?

And when does this asshole get fired for his "inappropriate sexual behavior" (among other things)?

IMG_7315.jpg

Because I'm pretty sure you did and that is the start of the impeach, aka firing, Trump part of the conversation, the couldn't impeach Clinton part was your retort to someone pointing out that Clinton "had" been impeached. 

And the reoccurring tone of your posts seems to be all Dems are good, all Repubs are bad, which would lead to the logical conclusion that if you site the fact that Clinton wasn't impeached as a retort, you are fine with the fact that he wasn't, yet you opened with a hang'em high statement against Trump. 

However you seem to gloss over the fact that Clinton actually committed a crime, he lied under oath (the sexual misconduct itself wasn't the real issue of impeachment) while in office but, Trump said some words (although predatory and inflammatory) to another male, in a locker room, no actual crime was proven nor was he President at the time.  Apples and oranges (pun intended).

And as far as your "identical" posts to the others, you are assuming my point about the anti-Trump blah, blah, blah rhetoric is because I support him.

What I'm actually saying is that it's a useless form of argument for anyone in these political conversations to throw out the derogatory bs and name calling.  It kills all credibility a person may think they have in an argument as soon as the shit flinging begins, no matter who they support.

• Like 4

It's really simple. When the dispurcement of wealth is narrow, trickle down economics works. When it's wide, it won't. One solution works for a given situation, another works for another situation. Right now, trickle down makes no sense. It's not that it never does. It does. But the rich aren't hurting right now. Simple to see really. And I'm not at the bottom talking about "them". Though I'm no Buffett or Tanker.

• Like 1

The left right pendulum's swinging wider and wider into the extremes to where the rational center has become a small terrified minority. Technology has dramatically accelerated our social evolution, and we've outpaced our ability to understand and manage the amount of information coming at us from all directions. Humanity has been unmoored from it's mythological belief systems and we are plunging head long into the abyss of own fears and desires. Trump is a perfect representation of where we are right now. He is our collective id.

• Like 1

Remember how I said there were more posts I just didn't feel like quoting...So you didn't make this post with the included statement of firing?

Because I'm pretty sure you did and that is the start of the impeach, aka firing, Trump part of the conversation, the couldn't impeach Clinton part was your retort to someone pointing out that Clinton "had" been impeached. 

And the reoccurring tone of your posts seems to be all Dems are good, all Repubs are bad, which would lead to the logical conclusion that if you site the fact that Clinton wasn't impeached as a retort, you are fine with the fact that he wasn't, yet you opened with a hang'em high statement against Trump. 

However you seem to gloss over the fact that Clinton actually committed a crime, he lied under oath (the sexual misconduct itself wasn't the real issue of impeachment) while in office but, Trump said some words (although predatory and inflammatory) to another male, in a locker room, no actual crime was proven nor was he President at the time.  Apples and oranges (pun intended).

And as far as your "identical" posts to the others, you are assuming my point about the anti-Trump blah, blah, blah rhetoric is because I support him.

What I'm actually saying is that it's a useless form of argument for anyone in these political conversations to throw out the derogatory bs and name calling.  It kills all credibility a person may think they have in an argument as soon as the shit flinging begins, no matter who they support.

Clinton kept his job, that was the crux of my "argument", actually just a statement of fact in contrast to someone whom stated about firing Bill Clinton, "Tried, or did it?" Again, Clinton kept his job.

He got away with it, there are many others on this page whom enjoy flaming the Clintons, I would have plenty of competition if they were my target.

And where were you when all the insults were travelling from right to left?

What you are actually saying in your final statement is that there should be rules of posting on this page (your rules I am assuming) to avoid "derogatory bs and name calling" all in service to the important task of maintaining online credibility on a used car web page which is viewed by maybe 10 people on a regular basis.

Sorry, I don't go to McDonalds for a filet mignon.

The left right pendulum's swinging wider and wider into the extremes to where the rational center has become a small terrified minority. Technology has dramatically accelerated our social evolution, and we've outpaced our ability to understand and manage the amount of information coming at us from all directions. Humanity has been unmoored from it's mythological belief systems and we are plunging head long into the abyss of own fears and desires. Trump is a perfect representation of where we are right now. He is our collective id.

i think the "rational center" elected Trump.

• Like 1

Well said, sir. I will add that the Antifa/SJW shit storm that started immediately after Trump's election probably nudged the pendulum of public opinion a tad right. As you mentioned, most folks are not hyper-partisan. When Trump won, the vast majority of average dems said, "Fuck Trump!" shrugged their shoulders and were ready to move on. I think the hooliganism afterward was highly orchestrated by a corrupt political class with hopes of having the average dem voter join in. They overplayed their manufactured anger and the public wasn't impressed. It didn't make anti-Trumpers like him but it made dems aware that their party had a disturbing militant faction not unlike the militias on the right that republicans shunned in the 1990s.

There are other, new factors in the political equation this time around though. Hollywood is crumbling and so far the victims crushed by the rubble are all major dem players and donors. Weinstein donated millions to Hillary, Bill and Obama. Kevin Spacey, Matt Damon and George Clooney were/are close personal friends of Bill Clinton. Clooney's father was a dem senator BTW. All of these major players are now either (politically) dead or critically injured as is the industry as a whole. Basically, the PR department of the dem party has been fractured. It's too early to assess the effect of this on the '18 election but it certainly won't strengthen the progressive wing of the dems that currently has a death grip on the leadership.

The NFL kneeling bit has shoved politics into the faces of many viewers who had no interest in it. Since the networks have declined to air the protests and the ratings are dropping it's safe to suggest that football finds aren't buying into the leftist philosophy and yet....the sportscasters can't stop themselves from casually mentioning, "Yeah, you viewers at home didn't see it but players A, B and C took a knee during the anthem". One can almost hear the off "click!" of millions of TV remotes after this is said followed by, "Ya goddamned dumb sumbitch! I don't wanna know that!".

One last new variable in the equation is the wave of democrat politicians who have pledged to aggressively defend their illegal alien populations even if it takes money away from critical services. The press won't send reporters out to interview John Q. Public to gauge his irritation at such statements after years of over-taxation and stagnant wages but the resentment is known to be there.

The left threw everything they had at Trump within his first six months in office. Now they are broken and in disarray. Globally, leftist ideology is being rejected (Brexit, Merkel's party suffering major losses to far right parties, Poland and Hungary refusing to take orders from the EU). The entire world is moving to the right. Or at least away from the left.

• Like 5

This is perhaps why we all yearn for the past when things were simpler and made sense? I remember. But I also was much much younger and perhaps naive? Back then also had it's share of elders saying the same thing and their elders before them. The world is going to hell in a hand basket. But is it increasing or just keeping pace? Our civilization is faltering, has faltered. The things we can be proud of are buried under those that are disgusting and vile. I can't un-see them. Authority is undeserving of any respect. I disrepair that we/I will ever recover from this.

I remember a time before Cuz when all we had and talked about were Datsuns from a long ago dead era. Before we realized just how fucked up things really were. I long for that time.... Make Ratsun Great Again.

• Like 2

This is perhaps why we all yearn for the past when things were simpler and made sense? I remember. But I also was much much younger and perhaps naive? Back then also had it's share of elders saying the same thing and their elders before them. The world is going to hell in a hand basket. But is it increasing or just keeping pace? Our civilization is faltering, has faltered. The things we can be proud of are buried under those that are disgusting and vile. I can't un-see them. Authority is undeserving of any respect. I disrepair that we/I will ever recover from this.

I remember a time before Cuz when all we had and talked about were Datsuns from a long ago dead era. Before we realized just how fucked up things really were. I long for that time.... Make Ratsun Great Again.

72Kjtsy.jpg

• Like 4

Army veteran says Franken groped her during USO tour in 2003

Thu November 30, 2017

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/30/politics/al-franken-groping-allegation/index.html

CNN producer fired after sexual misconduct investigation

November 29, 2017

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cnn-producer-fired-after-sexual-misconduct-investigation/

• Like 1