• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wish that they'd get over the fact that "Their Side" lost,

try working together to do what's best for our country.

I do agree with this.  I agreed with it throughout Obamas presidency as well.  

• Like 1

Source?

You didn't like my paraphrase? This speech came from a man who would later refer to himself more in every speech, and interview than any other American leader in history.

Obama:

The journey will be difficult. The road will be long. I face this challenge with profound humility, and knowledge of my own limitations. But I also face it with limitless faith in the capacity of the American people. Because if we are willing to work for it, and fight for it, and believe in it, then I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth. This was the moment - this was the time - when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves, and our highest ideals. Thank you, God Bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America.

• Like 1

Sorry Matt, I'm not buying into the narrow confines of Left Right GARBAGE to make my point. I'm sick of being held to one or the other. Both sides are rotten to the core. so it's a waste of time flipping back and forth through resent history to justify, or condemn current behavior. Republicans stonewalled Obama, and now Republicans are bent out of shape because Democrats are doing the same thing. To choose a side you either have to go blind or hypocritical.

On my planet it's working out ok.We live in the most powerful,free and most productive country on the planet.Just what is it you're looking for ? 

I don't know what planet you're on because shit is fucked up where I live. I live in the most powerful, most productive country on the planet were only a few people reap the benefits, have all the power, and the rest of them actually think they're free. 

• Like 1

Bottom line, Obama didn't have a magic wand and neither does Trump, they never end up being who thy pronounce themselves to be. What is being played off as "unpredictable" or "caginess" is anything but a campaign platform. "Who knew it was so complicated. We should have all learned by now" 

• Like 1

Bias is nothing new in media. 

In one of my earliest classes in year 9 "modern history" my History teacher explained that all books written will have bias as the author/s will have written based upon the various factors that make for one to have bias.

This counts back to the furthest reaches of recorded human history so anyone who thinks "fake news"  is new is deluded.

• Like 1

Sorry Matt, I'm not buying into the narrow confines of Left Right GARBAGE to make my point. I'm sick of being held to one or the other. Both sides are rotten to the core. so it's a waste of time flipping back and forth through resent history to justify, or condemn current behavior. Republicans stonewalled Obama, and now Republicans are bent out of shape because Democrats are doing the same thing. To choose a side you either have to go blind or hypocritical.

I don't know what planet you're on because shit is fucked up where I live. I live in the most powerful, most productive country on the planet were only a few people reap the benefits, have all the power, and the rest of them actually think they're free. 

Are you having a bad day or what ?

• Like 1

Source?  I don't recall anyone denying his respectful bows.

Right-Wing Media Fail: ‘Tardy’ Obama ‘Bowed Before Pope’

http://www.mediaite.com/online/right-wing-media-fail-tardy-obama-bowed-before-pope/

Obama ‘bowing to foreign dictators’

In recent days, the Romney campaign has attacked President Obama on two seemingly trivial matters that seek to undermine his character — his alleged “bowing” to foreign leaders and his propensity to play golf.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/obama-bowing-to-foreign-dictators--and-his-golf-game/2011/12/08/gIQAvANkfO_blog.html?utm_term=.03dfceffacb1

Barack Obama criticised for 'bowing' to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia

The White House denied that the president bowed during a meeting on the sidelines of the London conference, though photographs show Mr Obama at least stooped significantly before the 84-year-old monarch.

"It wasn't a bow. He grasped his hand with two hands, and he's taller than King Abdullah," an Obama aide told Politico.com.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/5128171/Barack-Obama-criticised-for-bowing-to-King-Abdullah-of-Saudi-Arabia.html

• Like 2

So what's new...media is biased, some fake news floating around, Trump is a jerk, he got voted in because Clinton is seen as career politician, careless with her email, Bottom line...FUBAR.

• Like 1

I aint clicking that link.Somebody else go first.

I suppose I thought Trump would have been bigger.

Since they've now released this sex tape, I think 'Merica can finally put this election behind us.

Right-Wing Media Fail: ‘Tardy’ Obama ‘Bowed Before Pope’

http://www.mediaite.com/online/right-wing-media-fail-tardy-obama-bowed-before-pope/

Obama ‘bowing to foreign dictators’

In recent days, the Romney campaign has attacked President Obama on two seemingly trivial matters that seek to undermine his character — his alleged “bowing” to foreign leaders and his propensity to play golf.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/obama-bowing-to-foreign-dictators--and-his-golf-game/2011/12/08/gIQAvANkfO_blog.html?utm_term=.03dfceffacb1

Barack Obama criticised for 'bowing' to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia

The White House denied that the president bowed during a meeting on the sidelines of the London conference, though photographs show Mr Obama at least stooped significantly before the 84-year-old monarch.

"It wasn't a bow. He grasped his hand with two hands, and he's taller than King Abdullah," an Obama aide told Politico.com.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/5128171/Barack-Obama-criticised-for-bowing-to-King-Abdullah-of-Saudi-Arabia.html

Idiots. Of course he was bowing.

You didn't like my paraphrase? This speech came from a man who would later refer to himself more in every speech, and interview than any other American leader in history.

Obama:

The journey will be difficult. The road will be long. I face this challenge with profound humility, and knowledge of my own limitations. But I also face it with limitless faith in the capacity of the American people. Because if we are willing to work for it, and fight for it, and believe in it, then I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth. This was the moment - this was the time - when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves, and our highest ideals. Thank you, God Bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America.

As I thought. Obama would never claim to reverse climate change. Reducing our impact and slowing the rate of rise is all one could hope to do.

Well, how else do you talk and listen to old people?

He's from Hawai'i. Bowing is expected. At least it was in his/my day. Still customary. Any formal male introduction of adults would be habitual motion. I am just annoyed that the mainland saw this as weakness. Respect is not weakness. Humility is not dis-empowering.

Beats acting dominant and getting laughed at nationally.

Are you having a bad day or what ?

Nope, just speaking my mine. None of this is any different from what I've been saying on Cuz sense Aug 05 2014. It's not a left right thing, it's a have and nave not thing. Some people are content having a narrow two dimensional view of the world. I think it's very dangerous how blind people are to what's been going on right in front of us for the passed 25 plus years. I am fucking sick of all this pointless right left bickering. Everywhere people are blaming the other side while our law enforcement, political, and monetary systems have become an out right oligarchy. Every foundational institution from religion and rule of God, to judicial and the rule of law has had it's integrity (real or perceived) plundered and destroyed by economic interests. In the absence of anything to believe in, people turn to leaders like Obama and Trump. Both sides focus their attention on consolidating power in the executive office, and none more evident that Trump.

...while our law enforcement, political, and monetary systems have become an out right oligarchy.

They always were dime. The founding fathers set it up as an oligarchy. The pieces they left out were filled in by the majority of presidents 1800-1900. Then you step into Wilson's presidency and shiiiiiiit gets weird. So it's not the last 25 years, it's been like this from the start.

To "fix" it, you need the Republicans and Democrates to both go the way of the Whig, Democratic Republicans, National Union, and Federalist parties... I opted to only list the parties which were successful enough to have a president elected from them. We have a two party system simply because that's who's elected. It's not mandated.

• Like 1

I give a big chunk of credit to the internet clickbait era that we are in.  The actual fake news that was designed stricktly to get people to click for ad money.  This changed pubic expectation.  It showed a malicious side to media, it also paved the way for more ad money.  Bias is nothing new in media.  People own media.  They have adjendas.  One should read knowing this.  This does not inherantly make the news fake.  It does promote bias.  It does neglect stories.  It does a bunch of shit.  This is why there are several outlets to get news from.  Internationally even.  News was traditionally kept in check by subscription readers.  Less subscribed readers, less ad revenue.  Now the news is free.  All it costs is a click.  Viewers would once but a paper based on the name on the paper and their reputation for journalism.  Now people read news based on the headline of the story.  In-Out-Done.  This disintegrates the value of reputation.  We will never have back, what we had.  That does not mean stories you don't agree with are fake news.  And that is what the mistrust has inspired.  

I suppose I am just tired of the fake-news title getting abused into the ground de-valuing the term.  Fake news is fake.  Biased news is biased.

Really?, You don't think "Trump removed the MLK jr statue from WH" was fake?

Obama was not what he pronounced himself to be and I gave up on him in 2012.

I'm not seeing what Trump has done? What do you think I'm missing? I'm not buying the BS media that fights like hell to put a positive or negative spin on what he's doing and saying. I don't like what he's doing and saying PERIOD.

Trump won't be able to get much done given he has both parties against him, the globalist establishment wants him gone MORE THAN YOU DO, that's a fact.

• Like 1