• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Also why wait 2 months to sound the alarm...

exactly.

Even if there is a memo the House still doesn't have legal grounds to impeach. No crime was committed. A ton of people want to say this is like Nixon. Well then they have no idea why nixon was impeached. It wasn't because he fired FBI directors. He was impeached over false testimony about his involvement with the DNC breaking and entering. He was impeached for Obstruction (Wouldnt turn over WH tapes), Abuse of power (Ordering a DNC break in.), and contempt (Telling a lie under oath.)

• Like 4

He doesn't need to directly break any law to be impeached.  Not that I am calling for this action based on the grounds we face.  But if they pull it off, I hope they are ready to impeach Pence.  His religious self righteousness scares the hell out of me.  I always thought that was a great defensive move of Trumps to but him as his would be predecessor.   

"The problem is that the grounds for impeachment specified in the Constitution at Art. II Sec. 4, "Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors", is not limited to criminal offenses against which there are laws. The phrase "high crimes and misdemeanors", as explained by Ann Coulter in her recent book entitled High Crimes and Misdemeanors, is a term of art that includes many offenses that are not criminally or civilly actionable but are, nevertheless, grounds for impeachment and removal from office. Many of those grounds survive today only in the Uniform Code of Military Justice, and include such things as dereliction of duty, moral turpitude, and conduct unbecoming which can adversely affect good order and discipline and bring discredit to the person, his office, his organization, and his country."   -Jon Roland, Constitution Society

• Like 2

He doesn't need to directly break any law to be impeached.  Not that I am calling for this action based on the grounds we face.  But if they pull it off, I hope they are ready to impeach Pence.  His religious self righteousness scares the hell out of me.  I always thought that was a great defensive move of Trumps to but him as his would be predecessor.   

"The problem is that the grounds for impeachment specified in the Constitution at Art. II Sec. 4, "Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors", is not limited to criminal offenses against which there are laws. The phrase "high crimes and misdemeanors", as explained by Ann Coulter in her recent book entitled High Crimes and Misdemeanors, is a term of art that includes many offenses that are not criminally or civilly actionable but are, nevertheless, grounds for impeachment and removal from office. Many of those grounds survive today only in the Uniform Code of Military Justice, and include such things as dereliction of duty, moral turpitude, and conduct unbecoming which can adversely affect good order and discipline and bring discredit to the person, his office, his organization, and his country."   -Jon Roland, Constitution Society

I would find it hard for a 2/3 majority to conclude on any of those. The backlash already would spell doom for them politically. Trump derives power from his base, and both the senate and the house fear this.

Regardless of what the mainstream says.  Trump is far more popular then they want to admit. (Want to Believe)  

• Like 4

I would find it hard for a 2/3 majority to conclude on any of those. The backlash already would spell doom for them politically. Trump derives power from his base, and both the senate and the house fear this.

Regardless of what the mainstream says. Trump is far more popular then they want to admit. (Want to Believe)

Agreed

• Like 1

He doesn't need to directly break any law to be impeached.

To paraphrase an old legal axiom, "You can impeach a ham sandwich". Now, getting a conviction that's an entirely different subject. Honestly, for the left to be screaming for impeachment this early in the game and over literally nothing smacks of desperation and appeasement of the more radical leftist base. The democrat/media complex is at this moment a five year old kid kicking and screaming in the floor of the breakfast cereal aisle because Mommy made him put back the Cookie Crisp in favor of Raisin Bran. It's loud and obnoxious but not much will come of it in the long run.

Think about this: whenever you hear about a leak from the deep state ask yourself how many people knew that bit of information. If it's really secret then it's a small group of people who knew it. The leaking certainly hurts Trump but the leaker is opening himself up for discovery as well. Also, factor in the possibility that Trump may be "confiding" in suspects to see if the information only they could know is leaked.

The funny,..not so funny part is it is all accusations. No evidence. Even after going on a year of looking for anything.

In today's info age it doesn't matter if it's factual or that anything really happened at all. Suggestion of something is all it takes to condemn anyone or hamstring them politically. Not enough people are vigilant with the information they need to develop an objective opinion. Since everything is convenient then information should be the same.

Feed me Seymore 

• Like 4

Regardless of what the mainstream says.  Trump is far more popular then they want to admit. (Want to Believe)  

I expect after midterm elections we will see the numbers needed to impeach.  If there is a movement to do so at that point in the war.  But all in, while I expect he is more popular than reported, I do believe he has the lowest approval rating of any president in recent history.  Clinton dipped way low after getting head though.  So he may get above that.  I don't expect he will break past 50% approval unless he starts a war.  And that he may...

• Like 1