• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

TIME: Russian interference was revenge against Clinton, 5 years in the making, U.S. intel didn't think much of it

In May 2016, a Russian military intelligence officer bragged to a colleague that his organization, known as the GRU, was getting ready to pay Clinton back for what President Vladimir Putin believed was an influence operation she had run against him five years earlier as Secretary of State. The GRU, he said, was going to cause chaos in the upcoming U.S. election.

What the officer didn’t know, senior intelligence officials tell TIME, was that U.S. spies were listening. They wrote up the conversation and sent it back to analysts at headquarters, who turned it from raw intelligence into an official report and circulated it. But if the officer’s boast seems like a red flag now, at the time U.S. officials didn’t know what to make of it. “We didn’t really understand the context of it until much later,” says the senior intelligence official. Investigators now realize that the officer’s boast was the first indication U.S. spies had from their sources that Russia wasn’t just hacking email accounts to collect intelligence but was also considering interfering in the vote. Like much of America, many in the U.S. government hadn’t imagined the kind of influence operation that Russia was preparing to unleash on the 2016 election. Fewer still realized it had been five years in the making.

In 2011, protests in more than 70 cities across Russia had threatened Putin’s control of the Kremlin. The uprising was organized on social media by a popular blogger named Alexei Navalny, who used his blog as well as Twitter and Facebook to get crowds in the streets. Putin’s forces broke out their own social media technique to strike back. When bloggers tried to organize nationwide protests on Twitter using #Triumfalnaya, pro-Kremlin botnets bombarded the hashtag with anti-protester messages and nonsense tweets, making it impossible for Putin’s opponents to coalesce.

Putin publicly accused then Secretary of State Clinton of running a massive influence operation against his country, saying she had sent “a signal” to protesters and that the State Department had actively worked to fuel the protests. The State Department said it had just funded pro-democracy organizations. Former officials say any such operations–in Russia or elsewhere–would require a special intelligence finding by the President and that Barack Obama was not likely to have issued one.

http://time.com/4783932/inside-russia-social-media-war-america/?xid=homepage&pcd=hp-magmod

• Like 1

chelsea-manning.jpg

AWWWWWW YISSSSS!

Been doin' the pen-pal thing with this li'l hottie okie babe and she gets outta the joint tonight after seven years! I'll be feelin' bad for you losers when I'm tapping her hot love monkey whisker-biscuit after she's went seven years without any neener in her poonannie! She says she's got a freaky deaky secret to tell me! Apparently she likes telling secrets....

so this is how my gurrrl Chelsea looked this mornin' after I tapped her tuna taco and turd tank last night!

0518-chelsea-manning-instagram-3.jpg

WHITE WASH WARNING!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/18/mueller-comey-have-had-long-close-relationship.html

"Mueller, Comey have had long, close relationship"

even cnn is reporting it,...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/17/politics/james-comey-robert-mueller/index.html

"Mueller and Comey have a history"

If nothing else it is a serious conflict of interest.