• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

And...... North Korea has just test fired another ballistic missile.

Interesting to see what President Trumps reaction will be.

It's time to Make Korea Great Again. Fire Hanford back up and show them why we're the two time "world's biggest bomb" champion.

• Like 1

According to the media the cards have been falling since before Trump was elected.Is this Australia's version of CNN ?

Very close to.

Tabloid style journalism plaigirised from just about every website around the world.

They seem to lift a lot of stuff from the Huffington Post and the NY times.

• Like 2

Campping.jpeg

What happened to this America? 1968, my Dad was a welder in the BOOMING Aero Space Industry in San Diego. My Mom stayed at home with us kids 7/24. On weekends we went camping with my Dad's work buddies and their families. Shit was so chill. How did thing get this fucked up?

• Like 4

Campping.jpeg

What happened to this America? 1968, my Dad was a welder in the BOOMING Aero Space Industry in San Diego. My Mom stayed at home with us kids 7/24. On weekends we went camping with my Dad's work buddies and their families. Shit was so chill. How did thing get this fucked up?

5.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

ee7cab631a03645a57e27ea6e281e118.jpg

anti-war-protest-in-harlem-1967.jpg

C7TTuHHV4AAPCUy.jpg

• Like 3

What happened? Cost of housing, healthcare, college, companies not providing good benefits like they used to. Politicians who only care about getting elected. US going to wars and committing to wars that endless and mindless, draining our coffers..yep, parents bought their 4 bedroom house in san jose in early 70s for like 27k, same house is like 850k.

Campping.jpeg

That America still exists,its up to you to participate in it.My friends and family still do weekend camping trips.

• Like 4

Sure that part of America exist, camping in all. Its the cost of living and getting ahead. Heck, if you make 100k a year in silicon valley, its like middle income. Guess it depends where you live. A lot of low skilled jobs that required min. Education or training are practically gone.

My grandmother had a very modest cabin at a local lake when I was a kid in the 1970s and early 1980s. We knew several regular campers who drove a motorhome out there or pulled a trailer into the camping area. Most of these were married man with one income and kids who still had money left over for camping vehicles after the bills were paid and the basic family needs were met. Many of them were two car families and most of them worked in our little town or nearby at local manufacturing jobs (building horse trailers or livestock equipment) or worked at the school or for the city, etc but none were civil service or aerospace or professional people but all had disposable income.

Government logic:

> Destroy family unit and gender relations through marxist & feminist propaganda.

> Make it impossible for you to ever afford a house through market manipulation & utterly insane student loans that most people should never be allowed to get in the first place.

> Tax the shit out of you to redistribute wealth to immigrants so you'll never be able to afford children even if you do manage to get a house and a significant other.

Haha birthrates are falling so we better fund more immigration to make up for it! :^)

• Like 5

And yet, one of the largest concentrations of international business in the world.

It's not that I don't agree. Just that free market seems to happen there despite the tax/reg environment.

My grandmother had a very modest cabin at a local lake when I was a kid in the 1970s and early 1980s. We knew several regular campers who drove a motorhome out there or pulled a trailer into the camping area. Most of these were married man with one income and kids who still had money left over for camping vehicles after the bills were paid and the basic family needs were met. Many of them were two car families and most of them worked in our little town or nearby at local manufacturing jobs (building horse trailers or livestock equipment) or worked at the school or for the city, etc but none were civil service or aerospace or professional people but all had disposable income.

Government logic:

> Destroy family unit and gender relations through marxist & feminist propaganda.

> Make it impossible for you to ever afford a house through market manipulation & utterly insane student loans that most people should never be allowed to get in the first place.

> Tax the shit out of you to redistribute wealth to immigrants so you'll never be able to afford children even if you do manage to get a house and a significant other.

Haha birthrates are falling so we better fund more immigration to make up for it! :^)

You're kidding right ?

And yet, one of the largest concentrations of international business in the world.

It's not that I don't agree. Just that free market seems to happen there despite the tax/reg environment.

True, and most of the business that remains in California is less production related. Of course we are not talking agriculture, which is a total different nightmare on its own. 

When the big aerospace companies started leaving San Diego and it's workforce left with it, San Diego leaders banked heavily on Bio Tech and other tech related industries and it actually paid off to some degree. General Dynamics was replaced by Qualcomm and so forth. 

But, this started the chain reaction to the problems that we now face. Blue Collar jobs and its work force where replaced by a young and expensive work force, and all the markets soon adjusted. Also, we had a large influx of immigrants, refugees and illegal immigrants. 

New housing construction has been heavily curtailed, land has become very expensive and only the well off are buying. Work has become harder to get for the average Joe, which is a dying breed around here, and either high end jobs or low paying jobs have replaced most blue collar type work. And with things getting more cramped and expensive, the downfall is on. 

How long before this fiasco takes to collapse is anyone's guess. I think the reason we are such a large economy is because of how many people we have and not really on how much we produce anymore. 

But that is just my take on it. 

• Like 3