• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe late to the party

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2017/01/20/pedestrians-reportedly-hit-by-car-in-vic.html

Was this terrorism? Word travels slow this way I guess.

Totally ruled out as Terrorism.

Dude had history of domestic violence,drug use and mental health issues.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-20/key-moments-of-the-melbourne-cbd-incident-cctv-eyewitness/8199054

• Like 1

My take away of the speech was... Delivery was surprisingly ... ok. He isn't an orator but it was ok. The content was rather lofty which is going to make delivering on these promises rather difficult. Failure will likely be seen by the public as 'not getting on board with the program' by those 'who complain but do nothing' who are in office. It's not often those in office doing nothing and getting a free ride are mentioned and dragged out into the light. Maybe the public will start a new trend voting some out of office. Just maybe some will start to work harder to keep the public trust.

Same with industry. I might draw some parallels with Germany of the 1930s. Businesses and the public who were 'on board' with government policies were supported by the government and got special dispensations. Teachers may get weeded out for poor performance, tenure not a reason for them continuing. In fact there may be a trading around of those on welfare. Those who are non productive for those willing to work toward something better. I see a lot of belt tightening.

There is less crime where there is less distance between the haves and the have nots. That is certainly a very long range goal and isn't going to change significantly during the next 4 or 8 years. It will be gradual.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, in Canada......

‘Moby Dick’s’ Restaurant Blocked From Opening Because Name Is Deemed Insulting

http://heatst.com/life/moby-dicks-restaurant-blocked-from-opening-because-name-is-deemed-insulting/

California has oozed north farther than I thought. Now if it was Moby's Dick Restaurant.... PC run amok

• Like 2

My take away of the speech was... Delivery was surprisingly ... ok. He isn't an orator but it was ok. The content was rather lofty which is going to make delivering on these promises rather difficult. Failure will likely be seen by the public as 'not getting on board with the program' by those 'who complain but do nothing' who are in office. It's not often those in office doing nothing and getting a free ride are mentioned and dragged out into the light. Maybe the public will start a new trend voting some out of office. Just maybe some will start to work harder to keep the public trust.

Same with industry. I might draw some parallels with Germany of the 1930s. Businesses and the public who were 'on board' with government policies were supported by the government and got special dispensations. Teachers may get weeded out for poor performance, tenure not a reason for them continuing. In fact there may be a trading around of those on welfare. Those who are non productive for those willing to work toward something better. I see a lot of belt tightening.

There is less crime where there is less distance between the haves and the have nots. That is certainly a very long range goal and isn't going to change significantly during the next 4 or 8 years. It will be gradual.

I am optimistic about the whole thing, but rather realistic about all the promises. And yes, these things will take time, but, at least he can get the ball rolling. 

Now America needs to get off its collective ass and start holding itself accountable for letting some of these things get out of control. 

And marching around bitching is not going to fix shit. Anarchist can fuck off to their video game worlds and eat a dick .

• Like 4

It was a good day yesterday, callers to the talk shows indicate that it's akin to the sun coming out after a long dark shitstorm.  Even other countries are becoming emboldened, and right wing factions are gaining ground in places like France and Germany where Islamifacation is happening at an alarming rate, much to the detriment of the indigenous population.  More nations are even making noise about leaving the EU, which makes sense because the EU is basically Andy Capp tagging along to the pub to blag free pints off his wealthier mates, and they're getting tired of it.

As to whether Trump will be able to deliver on all his aspirations, it's like Dr. Savage likes to point out;  even if he only delivers on 10% we are still 1000% better off that we would be if Hillary had gotten in.

• Like 6