My take away of the speech was... Delivery was surprisingly ... ok. He isn't an orator but it was ok. The content was rather lofty which is going to make delivering on these promises rather difficult. Failure will likely be seen by the public as 'not getting on board with the program' by those 'who complain but do nothing' who are in office. It's not often those in office doing nothing and getting a free ride are mentioned and dragged out into the light. Maybe the public will start a new trend voting some out of office. Just maybe some will start to work harder to keep the public trust.

Same with industry. I might draw some parallels with Germany of the 1930s. Businesses and the public who were 'on board' with government policies were supported by the government and got special dispensations. Teachers may get weeded out for poor performance, tenure not a reason for them continuing. In fact there may be a trading around of those on welfare. Those who are non productive for those willing to work toward something better. I see a lot of belt tightening.

There is less crime where there is less distance between the haves and the have nots. That is certainly a very long range goal and isn't going to change significantly during the next 4 or 8 years. It will be gradual.

Think he almost has it in the bag. Before taking the oath, companies were falling all over themselves to tell Trump about moving production back to the states. The biggie is going to be the restructure of the tax code. IF he can get I think the stated was 15% very competitive corporate tax rate. From the current highest in the world 35%. 

Apple has 243 billion sitting offshore. At 15% Apple can bring that money into the states and build a factory. That is just Apple, look at all of these other companies that have HQ here in the states, that could bring in money sitting offshore. How much is 15% of 243 billion? Take a nice bit out of all the debt 0bama accumulated.

IF he can get the tax code, I think the rest will just fall into place.

• Like 1
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump is the kind of businessman that plays hard ball, so I don't think he will be bending to the will of large companies and basically letting. Them do what they want. They are coming back because they know in the realm of business he doesn't fuck atoind and will tax the shit out of them if they continue to ship jobs to foreign countries.

• Like 2

The man plays hardball for sure, but the big prize for a very long time now is that offshore money. Without being business friendly no one is going to bring that money into the states. That is why the tax code is so big a key. Regulation also a factor.

Have a business friendly tax code and regulations, he dose not need to play hardball.

• Like 1

Who been fucking with my thread title Mike :)

Cuz started off as a light hearted poke at the Murican gun culture, the fact its morphed into a discourse on politics doesnt bother me.

Im guessing the title change is to "herd the cats" that don't understand the subleties of Ratsuns machinations.

• Like 2

Sorry, you can change this yourself by editing the first post if it's inappropriate. It was an attempt at social engineering. As this thread is the sole depository for political debate, the title should be a shining beacon to those lost at sea. A welcome sign for mavericks and the pissed off alike.

Sorry, you can change this yourself by editing the first post if it's inappropriate. It was an attempt at social engineering. As this thread is the sole depository for political debate, the title should be a shining beacon to those lost at sea. A welcome sign for mavericks and the pissed off alike.

Nah, doesnt bother me in the slightest Mike.

Sometimes you need to state the bleeding obvious to keep some of the kids in line.

Welcome back.

• Like 1

Stay tuned, Pilgrims.

Pop sum corn, buckle up them 'personal restraints' & hang on.

This is my NFL, Monster Trux, & Chanpionship Rodeo all rolled up into one show. 

George Soros globalist and co. along with the leftist media are not going to give up

Hope Trump lives up to his past and brings in a massive change in this first 100 days.

This womens march reminds me of the Occupy movement -

no main agenda,just every little group wanting their views to be heard,

& everyone read their little signs.Do they really think this will change

anything?

We had one here in Eureka,where some of them went & blocked

4th & 5th streets (Highway 101 North/South) delaying motorist,who were

just trying to get where they were going.

The Eureka Police finally had enough,& gave an ultimatum -

"Disperse,or be arrested".Within an hour after that,the roads were clear.

They (the protesters) wasted a lot of time & police resources.

I doubt they accomplished anything constructive. 

More showed up in DC than for the inauguration. Women have been voting for almost 100 years and they haven't got nearly far enough. We all have daughters, wives, sisters, daughter in laws and grand daughters. It would be wise if Trump took notice and listened to them.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Majority of 230 protesters arrested on Inauguration Day will face 10 years in prison and $25k fine as US attorney says they will be charged with felony rioting

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4144360/Anti-Trump-protesters-face-10-years-prison.html#ixzz4WStuBhUX

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Like 1

More showed up in DC than for the inauguration. Women have been voting for almost 100 years and they haven't got nearly far enough. We all have daughters, wives, sisters, daughter in laws and grand daughters. It would be wise if Trump took notice and listened to them.

The number is not even close to the millions of other women who voted for him,...the only ones he needs to listen to,...not the malcontents who showed up a day late and were paid to be there.

• Like 2

Well you ignore your voters at your own peril. Paid? Maybe saying they were paid makes it easier to ignore them? Some may have been but I doubt it. Who's going to sink millions or tens of millions into something that may not bear any fruit? and what fruit would that be?

If a million people were to protest something, you have to ask, how many agreed but not enough to do anything or simply couldn't. How many more were swayed and may attend next time.

Oh shit. Does fox have a new word they are heralding? Or are you just loving it?

Malcontents... It's appropriate.

Women's marches were not trying to do anything other than feed the fire glowing in many citizens. Show them they are both not alone, and not without cause. Also to show our new government that the people smell their corrupt bullshit and have the resources to make them very uncomfortable if they take away their freedoms.

It's increasingly alarming how affectively a portion of citizens believe the guys calling out others for lying, are somehow more likely to be telling the truth. The Clark Kent to this superman is no role model.

• Like 1

Oh shit. Does fox have a new word they are heralding? Or are you just loving it?

Malcontents... It's appropriate.

Women's marches were not trying to do anything other than feed the fire glowing in many citizens. Show them they are both not alone, and not without cause. Also to show our new government that the people smell their corrupt bullshit and have the resources to make them very uncomfortable if they take away their freedoms.

It's increasingly alarming how affectively a portion of citizens believe the guys calling out others for lying, are somehow more likely to be telling the truth. The Clark Kent to this superman is no role model.

Really?, where was this when Obama was in office?, DNC is corrupt as fuck and has been for decades recently exposed by wikileaks and.......no protesters......wait......wait......oh ya......i forgot that these protests against Trump are funded by the corrupt as fuck DNC.....my bad!
  • Like 2

That is an apt example of my point. You use the corruption of the old cabinet to somehow lead to a belief that the new cabinet is not. Him calling out another, does not make him, nor his cabinet clean. I get having different values. But the clemency offered scares many.

• Like 3

That is an apt example of my point. You use the corruption of the old cabinet to somehow lead to a belief that the new cabinet is not. Him calling out another, does not make him, nor his cabinet clean. I get having different values. But the clemency offered scares many.

Please, do show me Trump's corruption...