• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like we ruffled up some feathers, Jesse.... :rofl: then they claim not to be liberals.

Thanks Ratgoon, I might try some ;)

If you are referring to me, I'd say I'm Liberal more than Conservative. But I'm not a Democrat. Never been a registered party member. I've voted Democrat, Republican, and Libertarian in the past. This election cycle more than ever I've been ushered away from any chance of party affiliation. My highest agenda is removing corporate power from politics. Eliminating citizens United. Re-coupling currency with tangible good (aka gold). Reducing military spending. Leading our country to stable, unlimited self reliance (aka 100% renewable energy). That is a liberal agenda and I'm well aware of that. But parties are corporations. Simple concept.

• Like 1

If you are referring to me, I'd say I'm Liberal more than Conservative. But I'm not a Democrat. Never been a registered party member. I've voted Democrat, Republican, and Libertarian in the past. This election cycle more than ever I've been ushered away from any chance of party affiliation. My highest agenda is removing corporate power from politics. Eliminating citizens United. Re-coupling currency with tangible good (aka gold). Reducing military spending. Leading our country to stable, unlimited self reliance (aka 100% renewable energy). That is a liberal agenda and I'm well aware of that. But parties are corporations. Simple concept.

Citizens United balances the effect of unions on the left. Needs to forever stay in place, unless unions get scrapped at the same time.

I have no problem with companies having a tie into politics. For many reasons, from jobs to tax base, to a source for political leadership. A business person, I would much rather have then a lawyer or some failure like Bernie Sanders who has but one accomplishment, that being in political office.

Returning to the gold standard just not going to happen.

Just reduce the waste in military spending,..

We are a self-reliant country now, even shipping out a lot of energy.

• Like 1

you guys keep throwing this disease shit around. Since it annoys me, I'll take a moment to educate. Mental "disorders" are the condition label you are looking for. Diseases are difinitively diagnosed with lab tests or imaging etc.

Ex. Obsessive grammar policing is a mental disorder.

That's capital Y at the start of a sentence and definitively not difinitively.

• Like 5

you guys keep throwing this disease shit around. Since it annoys me, I'll take a moment to educate. Mental "disorders" are the condition label you are looking for. Diseases are definitively diagnosed with lab tests or imaging etc.

Ex. Obsessive grammar policing is a mental disorder.

Spelling policing is ok though.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Citizens United balances the effect of unions on the left. Needs to forever stay in place, unless unions get scrapped at the same time.

I have no problem with companies having a tie into politics. For many reasons, from jobs to tax base, to a source for political leadership. A business person, I would much rather have then a lawyer or some failure like Bernie Sanders who has but one accomplishment, that being in political office.

Returning to the gold standard just not going to happen.

Just reduce the waste in military spending,..

We are a self-reliant country now, even shipping out a lot of energy.

Please elaborate on your comparison between Citizens United and Unions. I am against both, but I see them as different enemies.

"No You Can’t : Why I’m Still Crying Over Hillary Clinton’s Loss."

"I thought I had it together. I thought I was moving on, “getting over it” as the world kept telling me to. She lost, he won. The only thing we can do is keep fighting. We are seeds, we are safety pins, we are stronger together. So I picked myself up from the black hole of despair I had fallen into after Trump won and I got back to the business of life.

I am her. The words flashed through my head. And suddenly, there on the 101 freeway, I was down the hole again. Tears streaming, sobs choking, heart breaking. The realization hitting me. I am Her.

It crushed a part of my female core to realize that yes, the world at large really does hate women that much. And while there are other reasons to dislike Hilary Clinton and disagree with her policies, misogyny and sexism are the gas that fuels the fire they burned her with.

Hillary Clinton did everything they told her to do. She smiled, she worked hard, she was polite and caring, she stayed calm. She was not a Bitch, even when she had every right to be. She wore just the right amount of make up, kept every hair in place. She did her best. She did the best. And still.

She sat in the front row, having studied and done all her homework. She raised her hand and the world would not call on her. Instead they pulled the bully, the lazy lying jerk, cheating on his test and blowing spitballs from the back of the class and made him the principal. Made him the President."

https://medium.com/@eirenedonohue/no-you-cant-why-i-m-still-crying-over-hillary-clinton-s-loss-b74229c3abe2#.inuj5r915

ohwaityoureserious.gif

• Like 3

That and she also lost because I think that there's a lot of people who feel they are not being heard or being represented. Together with Clinton's bad rep coupled with her being reckless with her emails.  Trump's rallying cry, "make America Great again" was stronger than her rhetoric plus her team underestimated the silent majority.

• Like 3

Please elaborate on your comparison between Citizens United and Unions. I am against both, but I see them as different enemies.

Really you can not scrap them, one or the other. For the simple reason it is a 1st amendment issue,.....namely freedom of speech(ruled as such by the courts). While I think the members of the unions are not getting the right to saw what each wants,...each can do it through Citizens United.

Unions go out support and almost run political camps on the left, Citizens to a much lesser extent helps on the right. Is your comparison.

• Like 1