Bowe Bergdahl seeks pardon from Obama before Trump takes office

Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl faces claims of putting soldiers' lives at risk when he left his unit and was captured by the Taliban.

Sgt Bergdahl claimed he walked off his post because he wanted to draw attention to what he saw as problems with his unit.

If his request for leniency is granted it would mean he would avoid a military trial scheduled for April, where he faces charges of desertion and misbehaviour before the enemy.

But if his pardon bid fails he could face life in prison if convicted.

President-elect Donald Trump has been a vocal critic of Sgt Bergdahl calling him a traitor, who should have been executed.

http://news.sky.com/story/bowe-bergdahl-seeks-pardon-from-obama-before-trump-takes-office-10682982

• Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Boeing's B-52 is 64.5 years old and in continuous service for over 60 years. It is continually upgraded.

And the curent on line defenders of the Mutual Destruction Solution are older than most of their air crews parents!  Just goes to show that with the careful monitoring of the USAF Depots and the integrity of the Boeing support staff, that "Old" does not necessarily mean obsolite!  I sure wished that Defense Secretary McNamara had not cancelled the Skybolt missile [with not notifying the UK co-developer] and effectivly killing the B70, example is in the Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson AFB.

• Like 1

the integrity of the Boeing support staff

We want hobo to have a job for a long time. $4 billion might send him into retirement.

I kid... he would still be forced to work. His managers on the other hand..?  

• Like 1

Boeing's B-52 is 64.5 years old and in continuous service for over 60 years. It is continually upgraded.

Well, with upgrades and retrofits, the plane is expected to fly well into the 2040's. When it will be 100 years old!!!! And this is a combat aircraft!! Not a passenger jet.

Given that 747's where designed to fly even more than a B-52, and Air Force One doesn't even come close, I do not see a reason to keep it flying!! 

One of the gripes is that this is one of the earlier models. Well, so is a Datsun 510 but we still rock them and improve them! 

• Like 1

Well after they made Adolf Hitler their "person of the year" (then it was "Man of the Year) in 1938 they maybe needed to rethink their selection process..... 

Remember that they are not picked for being the best or nicest. They are the most news worthy

1092ca0ed76098b2eb5ee279c1be2c3b.jpg

• Like 1

buuuuut I thoughts libs cared about muuuh roadssssss!!!65 Million Americans Should Threaten to Not Pay Taxeshttp://time.com/4590994/popular-vote-tax-pledge/?xid=time_socialflow_twitterI wish a mofo would tell the feds they ain't payin' taxes! I wanna watch that shit happen!

Like i stated many times before....hypocrisy of the left.

75th-logo-358x352.jpg

Oh yes. I grew up looking over Pearl Harbor. My grandpas told those stories many times. One an Officer, one a civilian. The contrast in account only struck me later in life. We used to play in a Japanese bomber that crashed in the mountains.

• Like 1

buuuuut I thoughts libs cared about muuuh roadssssss!!!65 Million Americans Should Threaten to Not Pay Taxeshttp://time.com/4590994/popular-vote-tax-pledge/?xid=time_socialflow_twitterI wish a mofo would tell the feds they ain't payin' taxes! I wanna watch that shit happen!

That "writer" is possibly the most stupid person I've heard of. Citing 'taxation without representation' just because their side didn't win is plain diversionary bullshit. Many in those 65 million dumbasses that voter for not anyones president live in well represented areas.

Real taxation without proper representation does exist in the peoples republic of California, where all of northern California gets a whopping 6 reps. Its a criminal system where district lines are constantly redrawn to favor libtard candidates. Its rigged so socal has control of the whole damn state.

• Like 1

In the interest of balanced reportage let us examine the right leaning Sovereign Citizen Movement which includes tax protesters in it's ranks.

Are they hypocrites too?

No, because they never advocated smiling, bending over and spreading their butt checks for Uncle Sam's tax dick. Liberals have defended and praised taxation as patriotic and decried those who disagreed with them as anti-government, anti-infrastructure radicals. liberals have claimed to love taxes. right up until Trump won. no, only the liberals are hypocrites because only they have supported massive taxation while mocking those who felt they had the right to keep more of their earnings.

this is the cry-bully left who used to mock people who disagreed with taxpayer funding for the NEA, abortions, sex change surgery and condoms in middle schools getting all butt-hurt, tears welling up in their eyes and blubbering, "He's not my president! why should I have to pay taxes to support an agenda I'm opposed to!?!".

answer: because you forced it down other peoples' throats for forty years and used the IRS and the BATF to make damned sure you got the money. have we even talked about Obama's IRS attempting to crush free speech for conservative political advocacy? you wanna talk about forcing people to pay taxes to support things they don't believe in? how about Lois Lerner joking in her official emails about using the power of taxation to weaken political discourse in this country?

• Like 5