Everything you save simply supports more people. If you maximize your efficient use of resources you only allow more people to exist. 

Population control is a highly charged subject though as I see it necessary to have though I disagree that being efficient in the ways mentioned above automatically equal more people.

It would take some kind of oppressive regime globally or at least by majority nations for a sustainable population policy/law to actually work.

• Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything you save simply supports more people. If you maximize your efficient use of resources you only allow more people to exist. If your cars get twice the mileage, the gas saved will simply support having twice the number of cars. Everything is geared to producing and sustaining more people. Well fuck that! I'm not recycling just so there are more assholes walking around. Christ knows there is enough wasted skin out there. What we need is fewer people, a lot fewer.

I bike about 8 miles a day to work and back but not so so some undeserving douche has my gas, I actually enjoy it.

...ya, but learning how to conserve also extends to saving more money and retirement. Today I walked 6 miles and rode my bike for 3 miles. Fuck gym membership.
  • Like 1

Everything you save simply supports more people. If you maximize your efficient use of resources you only allow more people to exist.  If your cars get twice the mileage, the gas saved will simply support having twice the number of cars. Everything is geared to producing and sustaining more people. Well fuck that! I'm not recycling just so there are more assholes walking around. Christ knows there is enough wasted skin out there. What we need is fewer people, a lot fewer.

Mike I agree, real sustainability now depends on managing our population growth, but like VTR states, that's easier said than done. Implying that conservation of our resources is somehow nihilistic feudalism, it sounds like a massive rationalization for the same wasteful American consumerism you railing against just yesterday. I believe saying "everything is geared to" over population you are conflating the basic human drive to reproduce with the capitalist objective to always be producing more and more capital, aka the driving engine of human greed.

I honestly think we are seeing corporate power overtaking our government's ability to manage it. Capitalism is now the global economic financial system, and with that comes the inevitability of oligarchic rule. I fear that level of competing greed will lead to an economic world war, and with it a return to totalitarianism and dictatorship. 

• Like 1

...ya, but we repair our Datsun. That's why I'm thinking that something drastic will have to happen, not that I want to...but that's how values change. People in general will not or see that they consume and waste too much, therefore, they typically will say why me, i don't need to cut back or save. After all this is Murica and yet the general populatipn can't apply how we recycle our Datsuns, keep them running w minimal skills, tools, cost and parts as compared to new cars. So if people can just treat their stuff like how we maintain our Datsuns and not throw things away, they will appreciate their stuff more and not go super consumption...

...ya, but we repair our Datsun. That's why I'm thinking that something drastic will have to happen, not that I want to...but that's how values change. People in general will not or see that they consume and waste too much, therefore, they typically will say why me, i don't need to cut back or save. After all this is Murica and yet the general populatipn can't apply how we recycle our Datsuns, keep them running w minimal skills, tools, cost and parts as compared to new cars. So if people can just treat their stuff like how we maintain our Datsuns and not throw things away, they will appreciate their stuff more and not go super consumption...

And many years ago My wife wanted to get rid of our original owner RL411 sedan. I asked her "what do you want to replace it with."  She replied "with another 4 door sedan."  We worked out the cash result.  It would take very many years of savings to equal the repairs and gas purchase of keeping the current car versus buying a new vehicle!  I still own and drive the original RL411 !  Yes, she eventually got a 1990 Sentra sedan[another story] but we traded it in on a 1997 Infiniti J30T.  Again an original owner vehicle, just like all my vehicles ."

"Datsun, buy it for the long run" and I did !

• Like 1

Mike I agree, real sustainability now depends on managing our population growth, but like VTR states, that's easier said than done. Implying that conservation of our resources is somehow nihilistic feudalism, it sounds like a massive rationalization for the same wasteful American consumerism you railing against just yesterday. I believe saying "everything is geared to" over population you are conflating the basic human drive to reproduce with the capitalist objective to always be producing more and more capital, aka the driving engine of human greed.

I honestly think we are seeing corporate power overtaking our government's ability to manage it. Capitalism is now the global economic financial system, and with that comes the inevitability of oligarchic rule. I fear that level of competing greed will lead to an economic world war, and with it a return to totalitarianism and dictatorship. 

Like it or not, there needs to be a serious war or pandemic. About the only way to control overpopulation. Political leaders are unwilling to do anything else.

Real capitalism is management of natural resources. Harvest and plant trees, keep wetlands. Look at the disaster both China and Russia had become under the old communist systems. When both switched a profound change in the terraforming. Now if the religious zealots across the middle east and Africa will change some great things could be done there.

Yes we want to reproduce, but everyone can fulfill this drive and still reduce and maintain a (I hate the word but...) sustainable population. If everyone had only two children the population would stop rising, peak and begin to fall. NOW recycling, conserving and making more efficient use of our resources would make total sense.

I'll say it again... recycling, conserving and making more efficient use of our resources just encourages a higher population. What we need is a good pandemic like a hundred years ago.   

Just came back from savers, its like a goodwill, anywho, bought 2 slightly used semi dress pants, one banana republic, the other is a perry Ellis and found some converse, black low top. All for $22 and some change. Most will not do this....

• Like 1

And many years ago My wife wanted to get rid of our original owner RL411 sedan. I asked her "what do you want to replace it with." She replied "with another 4 door sedan." We worked out the cash result. It would take very many years of savings to equal the repairs and gas purchase of keeping the current car versus buying a new vehicle! I still own and drive the original RL411 ! Yes, she eventually got a 1990 Sentra sedan[another story] but we traded it in on a 1997 Infiniti J30T. Again an original owner vehicle, just like all my vehicles ."

"Datsun, buy it for the long run" and I did !

...and the knowledge you gained of maintaining after so many years of owning the 411 is priceless whislt sharing them with others is compounded.
  • Like 1

...and the knowledge you gained of maintaining after so many years of owning the 411 is priceless whislt sharing them with others is compounded.

Glad to be of assistance !  I have figured out several "transplant" replacement parts out of sheer necessity .  Example, "Datsun Parts" offers a 1500 cc roadster brake master cylinder with the warning that the outlet is on the wrong side.  It is a genuine Nissan JDM part in a plain brown box with Nissan markings, and the wrong side for the JDM roadster is the correct side for the RL411, and probably the export roadsters.  Works just fine, direct bolt up and brake line attachment.  Beats the hell out of "remanufactured" by some dubious sources units.

• Like 2

Just came back from savers, its like a goodwill, anywho, bought 2 slightly used semi dress pants, one banana republic, the other is a perry Ellis and found some converse, black low top. All for $22 and some change. Most will not do this....

Some of the nicest cloths I own are from Goodwill. Honestly not trying to save the planet, I'm just too f'n cheep to spend serious $ for slightly better cloths. At the same time, I know good quality cost either money or time digging through a pile to find it. I kinda get off on digging for that bit of gold even if it smells like moth balls. 

• Like 1

Grunge made thrift shop stuff fun even if we were wearing some of the stuff ironically or for shock value. I reached a point years ago where I decided I would never pay $15 for a pair of new jeans and thrift shops have helped me keep my word.

• Like 3

Kurt Cobain's philosophical thinking is really mind blowing 

Grunge made thrift shop stuff fun even if we were wearing some of the stuff ironically or for shock value. I reached a point years ago where I decided I would never pay $15 for a pair of new jeans and thrift shops have helped me keep my word.

Too soon ? 

• Like 6

Pulse gunman's father was secret FBI informant, court filing reveals

The revelations about Seddique Mateen has attorneys for Noor Salman, the widow of the Pulse nightclub gunman, seeking a mistrial in the case against her.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pulse-gunman-s-father-was-secret-fbi-informant-court-filing-n860116

• Like 1

Pulse gunman's father was secret FBI informant, court filing reveals

The revelations about Seddique Mateen has attorneys for Noor Salman, the widow of the Pulse nightclub gunman, seeking a mistrial in the case against her.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pulse-gunman-s-father-was-secret-fbi-informant-court-filing-n860116

Imagine my shock.. .. ..

• Like 2

Looks like Stormy's interview is starting to turn on her. Pupils pegged wide open, pale looking. Guess that shot of courage was a real strong one. Someone should have told her all that shows up on HD TV's.

After so many years of being nude in front of the camera would think she could pull it off with out the extra.

• Like 2