• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure on California, but in many states preventing great bodily harm to others is a legitimate reason. So shooting a guy raping someone would be a legit reason for the use of deadly force.

It’s still like this in California.

• Like 1

More California Cities Seek to Defy ‘Sanctuary State’ as Revolt Spreads

he Orange County Register reports that other cities — and even Orange County itself — are now thinking of following suit (original links):

The County of Orange and several cities in Southern California soon might join Los Alamitos in its bid to opt out of a controversial state law that limits cooperation with federal immigration officials.

Officials with the county as well as leaders in Aliso Viejo and Buena Park said Tuesday they plan to push for various versions of the anti-sanctuary ordinance approved in Los Alamitos late Monday by a 4-1 vote of that city council.

Immigration advocates said Los Alamitos and cities and counties that follow its opt-out ordinance will be violating state law and at risk of litigation.

But Los Alamitos’ anti-sanctuary push also received wide attention in conservative media, and gained support from those who don’t agree with California’s protective stance on all immigrants, regardless of legal status.

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2018/03/21/california-cities-seek-defy-sanctuary-state-revolt-spreads/

• Like 1

Scary Oregon gun grab bill trying to get on the ballot in November.

From what I've heard, would ban all semi-autos and make it a felony to posses one. Doesn't matter the caliber.. if it has a mag, it's gotta go.

I would hope it gets shot down before hitting the ballot. Needs 80k signatures.

• Like 1

So Alaska is not part of the mainland, small Island or not?  You like to correct others but can't apply to self.

No, Alaska is NOT considered part of the mainland.  

Pic for reference:

250px-Alaska_in_United_States_%28US50%29

I do like to correct people when they are wrong, that's how it works. I have little shame admitting I am wrong, that's how you learn. It's also how a debate works. If I couldn't handle being wrong, I wouldn't participate. 

RE: The quote, it's not proven true or false. There are no facts supporting it.. so perhaps its false. I promise I won't lose a minute of sleep tonight. But I am happy that John rebutted. I looked it up. No harm, no foul.  :hug:

• Like 1

Alaska is not part of the "main land". The lower 48 are considered main land US.

No, Alaska is NOT considered part of the mainland.  

Pic for reference:

250px-Alaska_in_United_States_%28US50%29

I do like to correct people when they are wrong, that's how it works. I have little shame admitting I am wrong, that's how you learn. It's also how a debate works. If I couldn't handle being wrong, I wouldn't participate. 

RE: The quote, it's not proven true or false. There are no facts supporting it.. so perhaps its false. I promise I won't lose a minute of sleep tonight. But I am happy that John rebutted. I looked it up. No harm, no foul.  :hug:

Correct. It's a mainland, but to be part of the US mainland it must be contiguous. Canada is in between.

Yamamoto did say...  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" He also may have said to his staff well before the war started, that he expected only 6 months of success before they must be pushed back and beaten. Implying that only a quick win would work. He must have been a remarkable man to have read his adversary so well.

I read a book about how Americans captured a Zero fighter that was shot down in the Alutians (sp).

It was almost completely intact,& the got it flying again.They learned a lot about it's strong & weak points.

I can't remember the name of the book,but it was really interesting.I gave it to a guy who was stationed

at Dutch Harbor. 

• Like 1

I read a book about how Americans captured a Zero fighter that was shot down in the Alutians (sp).

It was almost completely intact,& the got it flying again.They learned a lot about it's strong & weak points.

I can't remember the name of the book,but it was really interesting.I gave it to a guy who was stationed

at Dutch Harbor. 

I worked with a man who was on that rebuild / test task force.  The plane had an inoperable starter.  He remarked at how much it looked like an early Ford part.  It was!  They just had to ream for metric bolt spacing and the Zero started and flew!

• Like 6

at Dutch Harbor.

...supposedly this is how they learned about its weaknesses and strengths. And yes, Yamamoto did study in the USA...I think Harvard.