Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Bathtime: The district nurse shows a new mum how to do it

With a midwife looking on, my mom pushed me out on this date in a farmhouse in southern England. Thank's mom!

where's the cake and ice cream ? lol......  Hope it was a enjoyable one. 

happy bday.gif

• Like 2
17 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Bathtime: The district nurse shows a new mum how to do it

With a midwife looking on, my mom pushed me out on this date in a farmhouse in southern England. Thank's mom!

Happy birthday King Rat.

38201554896_47b0f108b9.jpg

• Like 3
3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Yeah WTF????????? I bought three 2x4s and some plaster of paris and a handful of screws came to $67. WTF??? check and the 2x4s are over $9 each!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pretty sure Econo Studs were $2.50

Go price a 4x8 sheet of 1/2” CDX plywood.

You’ll need a second mortgage to buy materials for projects of larger size, like a playhouse for the kids/grandkids, or to rework that old deck.

They’re blaming Covid.

What a copout.

• Like 4

My wife priced two cedar fence panels, four posts installed... $1,200. I fell down. The panels were over $300 each!!!!

I power washed the flaky 15 year shit off that was on the old ones and $80 of stain and a brush. Waiting for dry sunny day. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, john510 said:

The lumber pricing is about covid.The mills were forced to shut down.They're still playing catch up.It's going to be awhile before it changes.

The old Buse Mill (Everett, WA ) has been at full tilt for years. There is only a few around here and they are full of logs and running around the clock.

Not busting your balls just remember an old timer telling me when the timber mills were going strong so was the economy. I was only 14 or 15, but this guy was full of great life wisdom. Oscer Steen RIP

Edited by ratpatrol66
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, john510 said:

The lumber pricing is about covid.The mills were forced to shut down.They're still playing catch up.It's going to be awhile before it changes.

they also have a shortage of glue where they are not making timberstrand rim boards so they can make plywood as it is used more 

its Trumps fault or wait MAYBE 

NOW ITS BIDENS OR KAMALA FAULT

Edited by Ranman72
  • Haha 2

I bought a sheet of this last fall for $25 and that was expensive. Normally they are about $16.

fast forward to recently..

April 5th

vs 

April 28th

CCAF7BF5-1373-4F29-9CB6-C58F2DBE8733.jpeg

6FE781C0-2912-4D0E-A819-5A614D1AA438.jpeg

Edited by Draker
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
8 hours ago, Ranman72 said:

they also have a shortage of glue where they are not making timberstrand rim boards so they can make plywood as it is used more 

its Trumps fault or wait MAYBE 

NOW ITS BIDENS OR KAMALA FAULT

It's Ka-Mala. It's in the national record from the inauguration when she became president. Get it right.

• Like 2

^^^>. a sheet of that CDX here is around $95.00. I need to go back to HD and check their prices again. And laugh some more. 

I was going to have a 1200 square ft shop build last year but the house roof need re-shingled. Not sure that was a good plan now. 

Guess the building contractor and his employee's are going to starve for a while. My neighbor is holding off also. 

The only good thing about prices going up is my old 30 year old fencing material (1x8x7) just became worth more, from $1.00 per board to $5.00 a board.  

My financial advisor says to hold off until fall, the prices will drop once the market is back to normal. I say BS, the norm will never return just like the prices. 

• Like 3
11 hours ago, ratpatrol66 said:

The old Buse Mill (Everett, WA ) has been at full tilt for years. There is only a few around here and they are full of logs and running around the clock.

Not busting your balls just remember an old timer telling me when the timber mills were going strong so was the economy. I was only 14 or 15, but this guy was full of great life wisdom. Oscer Steen RIP

Is Buse Timber still operating?

*edit*

Just looked it up, and yes, Buse Timber is still in business.

In fact, they are hiring.

Oh boy! Let’s go work in a lumber mill, on the green chain!

Edited by Racer X 69
  • Like 3