Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

14 hours ago, datzenmike said:

My wife priced two cedar fence panels, four posts installed... $1,200. I fell down. The panels were over $300 each!!!!

I power washed the flaky 15 year shit off that was on the old ones and $80 of stain and a brush. Waiting for dry sunny day. 

saw this and thought of your comment. Hope Canada floods the American market soon. 

wood prices.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Racer X 69 said:

Is Buse Timber still operating?

*edit*

Just looked it up, and yes, Buse Timber is still in business.

In fact, they are hiring.

Oh boy! Let’s go work in a lumber mill, on the green chain!

No thanks I did that for 2 weeks at Northwest Hardwoods in Arlington. FUCK THAT!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, 420n620 said:

saw this and thought of your comment. Hope Canada floods the American market soon. 

wood prices.jpg

Holy sheepshit! That’s nearly a four times increase in cost.

• Sad 2

Ha ha welcome to Australian pricing losers. We have been getting fucked like this for my whole life. Good times.

The great thing is the prices never go back down to the old price. So good.  Soon you will be paying $70k for a piece of shit hilux! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
9 hours ago, 420n620 said:

The only good thing about prices going up is my old 30 year old fencing material (1x8x7) just became worth more, from $1.00 per board to $5.00 a board.  

My financial advisor says to hold off until fall, the prices will drop once the market is back to normal. I say BS, the norm will never return just like the prices. 

I hope so, I'm building a shop late summer, fall.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

What's steel doing these days? Mainly roofing materials. I was planning on building a pole barn this summer. 

Lot of the pole barns these days are all steel for structural stuff and siding. 

Cost then goes up if they insulate but it makes a big difference in comfort. Not sure how DIY that is if you're watching costs though. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Dguy210 said:

Lot of the pole barns these days are all steel for structural stuff and siding. 

Cost then goes up if they insulate but it makes a big difference in comfort. Not sure how DIY that is if you're watching costs though. 

Thanks. I hadn't given steel much thought because I was trying to keep the "in the woods nature them" of the homestead. But steel structure with wood siding I guess is an option. I did mancave the inside of my shop with rusty old metal roofing material and it came out rustic looking. Thanks for pointing out an option.

• Like 1

Has anyone noticed fewer or almost no bees this spring??? Apple trees are in heavy bloom and my Japanese Maple out front is usually droning with them. Tens of thousands of bees are usually on it. Haven't seen any. WTF? over!

• Sad 1
9 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Has anyone noticed fewer or almost no bees this spring??? Apple trees are in heavy bloom and my Japanese Maple out front is usually droning with them. Tens of thousands of bees are usually on it. Haven't seen any. WTF? over!

I have plenty here in central Cal

• Like 1
17 hours ago, angliagt said:

We had a large group Bumble Bees in our back yard,

& it seems that one is hovering on our rear deck a lot.

Jeezus Doug. By now you should know that's a militarized drone.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jahva Jef said:

Harold rules !

gGbaWZP.jpg

I used to get sent to the principal's office for drawing cars, trucks and airplanes. They stifle creativity rather than encourage it.

• Sad 1

Go OOOOOOOklahoma!!!!

44 minutes ago, Racer X 69 said:

I used to get sent to the principal's office for drawing cars, trucks and airplanes. They stifle creativity rather than encourage it.

I got over a dozen crime sheets (misconduct reports) in Grade 11 from this one teacher. The principal finally lost his shit on me and I said I never had any trouble before, ever, so maybe some of this was Mr Hunt. I didn't think he could get any madder but... I was wrong. The last two times he just ignored me and I did my time at the front office. In retaliation, while Mr. Hunt was in the hall shouting a stragglers late for classes, (he lived for this, he just could not help himself) I collected up all the chalk erasers and threw them out the second story window. The entire class saw me do this and was wondering wtf now? It was 15 min into his science class before he needs an eraser and started looking... and looking. The whole class started laughing. They stifle creativity rather than encourage it..... and I was a cunt. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I am using this to test my imgur. Anyways I Captain research vessels for a living. Sounds a lot better than it is. Lots of boat, equipment and people problems. Ocean is rough most of the time but some days it is worth it. We are conducting seismic surveys for windfarms off Delaware at the moment. We carry mammal observers to make sure we keep a distance from marine life and shut down our equipment that harms the hearing of Marine mammals. This pod did everything they could to shut down operations. This costs the companies money but everyone onboard enjoyed a couple hours of a whale show. A lot of antics but very few caught on film. It made everbodies day. Well imgur doesn't work. Have to settle for one.

IMG-20210428-WA0001.jpg

• Like 5

Chalk board erasers II

Someone sitting in the windows isle get up and 'happens to notice' the erasers on the ground outside and says so. He ends up having to go get them. So later, maybe weeks, I don't remember but probably after Mr Hunt has been a dick to me or the class, (that condescending bastard) but he doesn't hang out in the hall hunting for stragglers as much now. So I'm not the first into the room but while everyone is milling around I collect all the erasers and go to the back of the room. It's the science 'lab' and there are work stations with a cabinet with drawers and a sink, water pipes and a gas jet. I found out long ago that if you pull the top drawer out of the way, that in the back are the plumbing pipes and a deep dark drop off down to the floor. So in they go. This time the entire class and rest of the day is without the erasers. 

This was the science lab and also our home room so we all get to go there at the end of the day before leaving. So Mr Hunt has me and 7 others stay late to find the erasers. And there are several screwdrivers so I'm pretty sure someone has said something. So when some kid gets to the one with the erasers I tell him to piss off and move as far away from it as I can. They eventually find them and we go home. I just bet you Mr. Hunt's first name is Mike.... MikeHunt. 'Cause he sure was.

• Like 2