Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

3 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Chalk board erasers II

Someone sitting in the windows isle get up and 'happens to notice' the erasers on the ground outside and says so. He ends up having to go get them. So later, maybe weeks, I don't remember but probably after Mr Hunt has been a dick to me or the class, (that condescending bastard) but he doesn't hang out in the hall hunting for stragglers as much now. So I'm not the first into the room but while everyone is milling around I collect all the erasers and go to the back of the room. It's the science 'lab' and there are work stations with a cabinet with drawers and a sink, water pipes and a gas jet. I found out long ago that if you pull the top drawer out of the way, that in the back are the plumbing pipes and a deep dark drop off down to the floor. So in they go. This time the entire class and rest of the day is without the erasers. 

This was the science lab and also our home room so we all get to go there at the end of the day before leaving. So Mr Hunt has me and 7 others stay late to find the erasers. And there are several screwdrivers so I'm pretty sure someone has said something. So when some kid gets to the one with the erasers I tell him to piss off and move as far away from it as I can. They eventually find them and we go home. I just bet you Mr. Hunt's first name is Mike.... MikeHunt. 'Cause he sure was.

You're not harboring any long lasting hatred for MikeHunt so many years late or nothin', are you MIke?

A short story about an 8th grade math teacher I had, when we lived in a small Oregon town back in the late 1960's.

This guy was an ass with a capital A. Everyone had to be in their seats, paper on desk and pencil in hand when the bell rang. No one dared talk or pass notes during class. When the bell rang at class end, no one dared get up until this jerk said "dismissed". Break any of his rules and get detention and extra work. He never gave an A, even to the perfect kids.

One day he was a bit late to class, so I took a straight pin (like is used for sewing) stuck it through a piece of cellophane tape, and stuck it to his chair, in full view of the whole class.

The dude walks in and the whole class fell silent (as is his expectation). He looks about the room, directs us to open our books to a given lesson, writes some formulae on the chalkboard, tells everyone to work the problems and sits down.

The entire class sat there, pencils hovering over paper, perfectly still and silent.

The teacher's expression gave little away, but I noticed a tiny grimace.

Everyone held their breath for what seemed like forever. After staring at us all he looked down at his desk and began writing. We all began to breathe again, and began working the math lesson.

I watched him the whole time and save for the initial grimace, he never gave away his predicament. The bell rang, we all awaited the dismissal, gathered up our books and into the hallway we poured. I was somewhat of a hero after that among my peers. The teacher never said a word.

I bet that straight pin hurt like a motherfucker.

That 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know you have made a lasting impression when you bump into a "favourite" teacher ten years out of school and the look of utter disgust they give you could strip paint! 

"How are you Mr Str8jacket?"

I'm doing really well Ms Anderson"

"Well...... that is a shame" she says ha ha. Miserable bloody sod it was.

Hated being questioned!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Ram is 20 years old. Last year the tailpipe rusted off the muffler outlet. The muffler is nearly rusted through. Since the OEM 3” system is obsolete and NLA, I opted for a 4” stainless turbo to tailpipe with no muffler.

This is the first startup.

Mrs. Racer thinks it is too loud.

Yesterday I stopped at a garage sale and found an unused 30” stainless muffler for $20. Gonna install it and see if it makes her happy.

Edited by Racer X 69
$$$$$
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, Racer X 69 said:

You're not harboring any long lasting hatred for MikeHunt so many years late or nothin', are you MIke?

Maybe just me but he was condescending before I even knew what the word meant. When he didn't like a way something was done he would always say "We don't do it that way now do we??" No one seemed to notice the belittling and sarcasm. I was the original SJW.

No telling for sure if every misconduct report he handed me took 20 minutes off his arrogant douchebag life. One can only hope.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I ran into one of my high school teachers about 20 years after I graduated.

He called me by my first name.Teachers don't remember you unless you were really-

good,or really bad.

I don't remember being really good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
20 hours ago, 420n620 said:

Amazon has it. Who thinks this stuff up ? lol

bag of dicks.jpg

There is a website that is the official Bag Of Dicks store.

https://bagofdicks.com

They have one that comes in a box, that when opened, plays a tune, and it can’t be shut off, playing for six hours.

So send a bag to that special someone who really needs a gift such as this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
On 5/2/2021 at 1:17 PM, Racer X 69 said:

The Ram is 20 years old. Last year the tailpipe rusted off the muffler outlet. The muffler is nearly rusted through. Since the OEM 3” system is obsolete and NLA, I opted for a 4” stainless turbo to tailpipe with no muffler.

This is the first startup.

Mrs. Racer thinks it is too loud.

Yesterday I stopped at a garage sale and found an unused 30” stainless muffler for $20. Gonna install it and see if it makes her happy.

So I swapped in the $20 stainless muffler I found Saturday at a garage sale ( brand new, never used) and even though Mrs. Racer likes it better that open exhaust, I really can’t tell much difference.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Racer X 69
  • Like 3
10 hours ago, thisismatt said:

Does ANYONE make a wifi router that doesn't turn into a flaming POS after a year or two? 

When I built my house 14 years ago I wired the whole place with cat 5e cable with data drops everywhere, even ran a line out to my shop. Innernet comes into the basement via ADSL on the phone line, and the telco supplied the modem/router. From there the cat 5e goes to a pair of HP network switches. The telco router also broadcasts a WiFi signal, and I added a Hawking wireless repeater upstairs, and another out in the shop.

It all is working perfectly 14 years later, although cat 5e is obsolete, having given way to cat 6, and now cat 7 is showing up.

• Like 1
On 5/4/2021 at 10:22 AM, Racer X 69 said:

So I swapped in the $20 stainless muffler I found Saturday at a garage sale ( brand new, never used) and even though Mrs. Racer likes it better that open exhaust, I really can’t tell much difference.

What do you guys think?

sounds about the same and its still a dodge 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Racer X 69 said:

With a 24 valve Cummins.

Eatin' Chevys and shittin' Ford's.

I always go back to I would  rather be stroked then rammed 

and i still believe the 24 valve Cummins is one of the best motors 

• Like 1