Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

At work surveying ocean bottom for windfarm installation off the east coast. These goofy bastards keep swimming by. Mola Mola or Ocean Sunfish. Reminds of Finding Nemo characters. Not afraid of the boat, just kind of eye you up as you motor past like they are smiling and don't have a care in the world.

IMG-20210517-WA0004.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Turtle day today. Bastards showed up by the dozens. Lining up to make their run to the beach for nesting season. Shut down half a dozen times today. Funny part is the turtles don't seem to give a shit about the chirping sonor or boomer. I think they are naturally hard of hearing. Natures speed bumps. Then of course the dolphins come in, nothing seems to bother them either. IMG-20210518-WA0004.thumb.jpg.a9e8fdadda2c552f0329ce2375420390.jpgIMG-20210518-WA0003.thumb.jpg.f91dcece61ee9a057bd20828e594a1dd.jpg

• Like 5
On 5/17/2021 at 12:58 PM, VFR800 said:

7qUiatA3_o.jpg

Think I made a face like this the first time the doctor jammed his finger in my ass to check the prostate? That fucker took his glove off and wanted to shake my hand. True story.

Edited by ratpatrol66
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, ratpatrol66 said:

Think I made a face like this the first time the doctor jammed his finger in my ass to check the prostate? That fucker took his glove off and wanted to shake my hand. True story.

I practiced saying something in my head they once I found out I was getting one.  When he inserted, I moaned fuck yeah.  He quickly left the room.  I received my results with him standing in the doorway.  Did not want to be in the room with me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Todays randomness started with the installation of a "Bat Detector" at the beginning of this trip. The bat detector needs its batteries swapped every couple of days and data downloaded. Pain in the ass and how many bats are 22 miles offshore. Well this morning there was this little fellow napping on the gangway. Not second guessing mother nature anymore.

20210519_065904.jpg

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, bottomwatcher said:

Todays randomness started with the installation of a "Bat Detector" at the beginning of this trip. The bat detector needs its batteries swapped every couple of days and data downloaded. Pain in the ass and how many bats are 22 miles offshore. Well this morning there was this little fellow napping on the gangway. Not second guessing mother nature anymore.

20210519_065904.jpg

Bet his little arms were tired after flapping them for 22 miles.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

About one minute in, the order was 'hard to starboard' but the helmsman steers to the left which is port..... Isn't it?

definitely yelling stern,, thought maybe he was trying to yell “iceberg to the stern” but after a few listens,, nope. I believe that dude steering is lucky he died ,or that reprimand for not following orders ,would not look good on his resume . 

maybe guy shouting orders was thinking smash straight into iceburg like Buckaroo Banzai 

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 2