What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

Finished my rattle can primer job, made bolts to hold the front hood piece trim on. Made out of 1/4 in carriage bolts, had to grind down on two sides for width to fit in the groove, then grind down the head of the bolt thin enough to fit in the groove. worked great

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Put the badges on the fenders, they have plastic pins that push into nylon inserts on the fender, they were gone, so I found some small grommets that fit in the fender holes. put them in with a small dab of super glue. The inside holes were pretty snug for the pins on the  badges, so a small dab of super glue on the pins too.Had some push on caps with the metal inside to put on the pins, but couldn't get to the backside of the fender to put them on

• Like 2

Was driving and my truck started a whistling noise and would not run under 2500 RPM, died at idle. found a cap had come off that was being used to plug a vaccum fitting had come off. Found a piece of hose that was a little too big and a screw a little too small, but I had some RTV and used it to make it work. also put a zip tie on the hose by the fitting. This was an on the side of the road fix. Checked it when I got home and it is holding good, won't bother to put a plug on for a while. Another half-assed repair on my Ratsun, but if it works, who cares. RTV-never leave home without it, also comes in handy for small holes in your radiator

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Put in a starter, been going out for about a month. Turning over slower and slower, barely started this morning for the last time. When I got it out and shook it, it sounded like a baby rattle. Got every bit of use it had in it, just got tired and worn out like me  :rofl:

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I pulled out my 720s fan switch (which was no longer mounted to its bracket), soldered a busted connection and screwed it back in. But along the way I jacked up the black plastic end that goes on it. So I fixed 2 problems but created one new one. Doh!

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I haven't installed it yet...

Like if it was in a time capsule for many years, i've found this glovebox lid on a sales site... price? u$17 ...hahahaha...! It could be the last brand new one here in Argentina. Really happy with the purchase..!

2017_01_08_4367_0.jpg

subir imagen

Please correct me if my english is not good, it will be highly appreciated.

• Like 2

with the next school semester approaching and having a very tired L20b in my 79 that burns oil... I decided to take out the completely rebuilt L20b from my crashed 72' into my DD 79'

IMAG0461.jpg

Original 79' very tired engine

IMAG0462.jpg

Getting ready to take out the 79' L20b

IMAG0463.jpg

Finally got it out after much sailor swearing

IMAG0464.jpg

got everything bolted into the fresher engine

IMAG0467.jpg

I like the green, but gonna have to repaint the valve cover

IMAG0469.jpg

IMAG0470.jpg

IMAG0471.jpg

Timing the Engine

IMAG0474.jpg

and finally in!!!

IMAG0475.jpg

The engine feels so much stronger and my truck feels completely healthy and it's running great! 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Filling holes and stuff. Between someone Fucking with the settings on my welder and the auto darkening on my helmet having a shit fit, the other side will be much better.

4184830A-588A-4564-A558-EE3F0A607874_zps

ED9F6DC1-5C0A-4E54-BF91-9D2840CD9738_zps

EFE888B9-E587-45F2-AE1D-5285B7FB7428_zps

27826B31-93E2-4722-8988-2F6740F51756_zps

The drivers side was all messed up, huge gaps between the metal where it had separated and rusted. I'll be grinding both sides down so it's nice and normal looking

• Like 1