• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Removed the alien electric fuel pump and installed an ALT but mechanical one.

Electric one was flooding my carburator's little tank.

Now i will have to use another anti-thieves system, since i was using one of the led lights relay to energize the pump..

WP_20170824_003.jpg

• Like 2

What did I do to my truck today?

I bought it :thumbup:!

Drove about 8 hours round trip to check her out & brought her home just under an hour ago. Super stoked.

A 1970 Datsun 521 truck is now cousins with my 1971 Datsun 510 Wagon

More oics soon...

oitZuACl.jpg

• Like 5

So, I saw that Angela had posted in this thread and thought wait she doesn't have a truck....well that's what I get for doing my own thinking.

Good job Angela!  Have you given any thought to what your 3rd Datsun will be?  Cuz you know its gonna happen.

Congrats, that truck looks the goods.

• Like 3

So, I saw that Angela had posted in this thread and thought wait she doesn't have a truck....well that's what I get for doing my own thinking.

Good job Angela!  Have you given any thought to what your 3rd Datsun will be?  Cuz you know its gonna happen.

Congrats, that truck looks the goods.

Thanks Kelmo!

I dunno what my next Datsun will be...I'm still high off this one at the moment.

I was so tired by the time I made it home but then could hardly sleep due to mind spinning out on the realization I now have a 521!  Thinking about what I want/should do to it, what I need to learn about it, etc. The fact that I now own 2 Datsuns! Dream come true!

Instead of a prescription drug for nerves like Ativan...I think I need to invent "DATIVAN"

• Like 2

Side effects of Dativan:  No bank account, busted knuckles, persistent fuel/exhaust odor, hours spent searching for parts on the interwebs/junkyards, hours spent staring at your Datsun (just cuz), owning "work on Datsun clothes", a big shit eating grin the first and every other time you drive it,  depending on spouse/significant other...loss of spouse/significant other, you may have thoughts of "how can I actually LIVE in the garage". And one or two more......maybe.

For me, the side effects are worth the risk. 

• Like 3

Side effects of Dativan:  No bank account, busted knuckles, persistent fuel/exhaust odor, hours spent searching for parts on the interwebs/junkyards, hours spent staring at your Datsun (just cuz), owning "work on Datsun clothes", a big shit eating grin the first and every other time you drive it,  depending on spouse/significant other...loss of spouse/significant other, you may have thoughts of "how can I actually LIVE in the garage". And one or two more......maybe.

For me, the side effects are worth the risk. 

Perfectly said!

Amen brotha!

• Like 2

What did I do to my truck today?

I bought it :thumbup:!

Drove about 8 hours round trip to check her out & brought her home just under an hour ago. Super stoked.

A 1970 Datsun 521 truck is now cousins with my 1971 Datsun 510 Wagon

More oics soon...

oitZuACl.jpg

Very nice Angela: I'm jealous!
  • Like 2

This truck appears to be a ranchero type where the box is connected to the cab, is this a "U" model or is it custom?

I think it is just the angle of the photo.  It is a regular 73 620 with a bit of work done to the bed.  The tie down hooks on the bed were removed and the sides blended to match the lines of the doors for a smoother finish down the length of the truck. 

IMG_0128.jpg

• Like 1