Wrecking Yard Report

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like vultures stripping a carcass ...

LMAO! I swear I was about to type the same thing when I saw that photo. Don't blame you guys onebit.

But I tell you, from the photo, it looks pretty solid. Think it could have been saved? Was there rot? How were the quarters?

LMAO! I swear I was about to type the same thing when I saw that photo. Don't blame you guys onebit.

But I tell you, from the photo, it looks pretty solid. Think it could have been saved? Was there rot? How were the quarters?

Everything was there besides the head. And the quarters where solid if I remember correctly. They keys that match the ignition where on the floor even. <_<

Everything was there besides the head. And the quarters where solid if I remember correctly. They keys that match the ignition where on the floor even. <_<

Owch, that tugs at the heart a little. If it was a rot box, that is one thing. Dudes if it has been pretty picked over and no one can buy the shell, some one go sawsall those QPs off pronto before it gets crushed! At least from the relflector down and around the back corner.

Woah! If anyone is headed to the yard and is willing to nab the rear package shelf from the 710 I'd happily reward them with the purchase cost+shipping+finders fee+homemade cookies

Pick n pull in redding Ca NORCAL has some dattos a 2 510 wagons ..one old one newer.. 210 310 710 and an 810 and of course some of the newer stuff

FYI

foster picnpull

200sx s12 v6 has struts

280zx has struts

70? 510 two door all glass. front looked good quarter windows intackt exept the latches...i snatched those. front end looked good apron is dented. wiring looked complete. heater assembly all there. suspension all there quaarters are usable if youre trying to patch up a hit rust on the bottoms. tailpanel looked ok. dash mostly complte jist disassembled. tons of door panels just three rears are ok. a passeger 68-69 one. cherry. but they wanted 20 a pop. doors are usable. hinges had a little play. complete steering. bottom back seat looked good top had split seams. driver floor pan is gone. bring out the sawsalls! oh gas tank is toast and a grill filler piece is very usable no dings but it slightly curves. people looked it over because it broke off the center bracket but a rivet takes care of that. fuse box is good but a piece is broken of where the bolt goes through.probably rusted on the car and the screw is stripped. i was going to cut up the harness for plugs that i use but decided to give someone a chance. i will say this if its still there next time i go i will cut it up!

i took various treasures found in the trunk. 68 gas door. 1/4 window latches and brackets

Found some E30 headlights in great condition by me. I'll pick them and send to you.... they are coming from Baltimore.

will both lights, plus housing.... i'll leave bulbs in if they are still there. PM if you want me to snag them for you.

I just returned from the foster rd. pick & pull wrecking yard, they had a few 83+ 720s over there, 2 were 4X4s, there was a datsun 510 there also, all the door locks ect. were gone, it had tinted side windows. But there was one car I noticed, it was an 87 200SX with a VG30 in it, and all the engine was there, the intake and exhaust was all there, it was an auto though.

When I got to the counter, I handed the cashier the pry bar, and said, "I found this in the yard. Your yard, your tool"

Even though I had set several parts on the counter, he charged me for two, marked all the rest of the parts with the "bought" marker, and said thank you.

Ha! See, its actually the honest folks raising the prices!

• 2 weeks later...

There are lots of wrecking yards in Las Vegas, it's a larger city than Seattle at least population-wise. Pic-a-part is a good one, but I dunno if they have any Datsuns.

Will, you really need to start using a web browser that shows you your new posts, so that you'll stop making duplicates. Or if you have some internet "speed up" software, get rid of it.