Wrecking Yard Report

I went by the Vancouver wa. "pick n pull" today, the tall windshield roadster is there, R engine, sorry I did not check the tranny to make sure it was not a 5 speed, not a lot of good left though, diff. was still there as was the driveline, seat frames are there also, but the seat covers look like crap, windshield is busted, side windows were good, as well as the non functioning wingwindow vents, both the sill covers looked good, but the lower door covers were dinged a little on the bottom edge.

All the chrome was bent or rusting, except at least two of the overriders looked good.

Gas tank was gone, and so were the carbs.

There was also a 1971 datsun 521 there, first thing I noticed about that was someone had done a real good job boxing the bed in with diamond plate, it actually looked like a very good fitting, but I didn't have the tools to remove it, if it is still there next weekend, I might go back and grab it.

The spindles are gone, I got the fan shroud, it still had the washer bag and the radiator, I forgot to look at the engine block, but the head is a shaved U67, and the manifolds have smog crap on them, one of the taillight lenses was good, and it had a diamond plate rear bumper.

Sorry, didn't have my camera with me, was a work day that I got off early.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While I was at the vancouver pick and pull today, I looked at the tag on the white 720 in the yard, it said the rear gears were 46, so I am assuming that means close to 460s, but I didn't spin the drum to make sure that was what was in it. There is that 81 datsun 510 wagon in there also, with a napZ engine.

Went to Arlington Pick N Pull today (didn't get any pics). Looks like the better 620 is gone and the worse one is still there. It's kinda complete, but also pretty rusty and crappy.

There's also a B210 coupe/fastback. Looked pretty straight and pretty complete. Some smaller stuff missing, but everything major was there. (one of these, but this isn't it)

dat_03.jpg

There's also a pair of 720 4x4s (a black one and a tan one), these are less complete, but the leaves are still there if any 620 guys want those.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. If that has good bed corners, could someone please cut them off and ship to me?!?! Have $$$, will send :P

They won't allow anyone to take anything in the yards that will create sparks around here, it sucks, unless you can somehow hack it out with a hacksaw, or snip it out, it goes to the crusher.

They won't allow anyone to take anything in the yards that will create sparks around here, it sucks, unless you can somehow hack it out with a hacksaw, or snip it out, it goes to the crusher.

I saw a guy at the columbia yard with a battery powered reciprocating saw...

I saw a guy at the columbia yard with a battery powered reciprocating saw...

They wouldn't let me in with my grinder/cutter, I don't have one of them saws, so it never entered my mind.

I tend to find the stuff mentioned earlier on craigslist, private parties don't care as long as they get there money.

i really wish that i could come across a b210s 4 door with nice doors like that. the one ive got are all rusting out at the bottom

i see the door rusting issue a lot. along with nasty lookin rocker panels. my doors are great, somehow. but my rockers are pretty rough. sucks.

i wonder, do you think a sawzall would cut through?

Theres a 210 in ATL south as of 11/25/2011, ATL north has a 77 pickup (assuming 620) as of 11/18/2011 and a 1980 and 79 280zx as of 12/16/2011 and 1/16/2012, respectively. Figured i'd look and i saw some in stock so i figured i'd post.

There is another 1971 datsun 521 in the vancouver "pick n pull" yard, windsheild was bad, :( I got the rear slider, and the steering wheel, it had buckets in it that were crap, it has a napZ engine that seems to have caught on fire, it had some kind of ribbed transmission that looked to be sitting at an angle, but it wasn't, but there was some kind of issue with the tailshaft/driveline connection also, hood is wasted, still had all the switches, grill was wasted, door locks were gone. I have seen worse tailgates also, not perfect by any means, but functional. Also had an ugly canopy. Didn't look at the taillight lenses to close, but they were there, and it had the rear step type bumper.