Wrecking Yard Report

Here are pics of the 521 in oakland pnp.

DSC02655.jpg

DSC02654.jpg

it was pretty beat up and there weren't many good parts left. rear glass was good. windshield was not.

Also there's a 1978 510 4dr.

DSC02664.jpg

DSC02666.jpg

DSC02665.jpg

wonder how much it would be for someone to yank the engine cross member out from under that 510 and ship it over to the east coast.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I made my trip to some Las Vegas area yards - the two "Pick-a-Part" yards.

I'd never been to a yard that had used concrete to make a base for all of the cars to set on, but it sure made getting around easier - especially since I was wheeling around my suitcase.

The North Vegas yard didn't have any Datsun cars, just a picked-over 620 and maybe 2 720s

The Henderson yard was a lot more useful. 2 280Z 2+2s and a 280ZX, a 620 and a few more 720s.

Super-rare El Sentrino

IMG_20120308_125128.jpg

IMG_20120308_125141.jpg

IMG_20120308_125244.jpg

This Datsun Z had an offical Nissan oil filter and air filter - the mechanicals might be good!

IMG_20120308_130828.jpg

IMG_20120308_130839.jpg

IMG_20120308_132512.jpg

300zx, Knight Rider Edition

IMG_20120308_133416.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was ata friends junkyard today, a 260 thats rusted beyond help, same for the 280 z and zx cars. There is a VERY nice 720 4x4 minus motor and trans that will die soon, a few other trucks rusted into the groud, but what caught my attention was a little white 512 pickup, motor had been picked over and it was missing a wheel, BUT it had very little rust, no major body damage, floors looked intact without me crawling underneath, overall a good little truck. Ill go take pics tomorrow. IF ANYONE WANTS THIS TRUCK IT CAN BE BOUGHT FOR A LITTLE OVER SCRAP PRICE. SO SPEAK UP. Dont worry about storage, I can store until pickup.

So I checked the Pick and pull inventory and the Vancouver says there is a 71 Z and the Portland says there is a 72. I really need a pass side front clip for one, if anyone goes to one of these yards could they please check them out for me and pics would be great. I'm willing to drive down there if there is a useable one. Any help is much appreciated. You could text me pics at 425 314 8646.

So I checked the Pick and pull inventory and the Vancouver says there is a 71 Z and the Portland says there is a 72. I really need a pass side front clip for one, if anyone goes to one of these yards could they please check them out for me and pics would be great. I'm willing to drive down there if there is a useable one. Any help is much appreciated. You could text me pics at 425 314 8646.

OK, I looked at the Z car in the portland yard.

DSCN1082.jpg

DSCN1083.jpg

This is the pass. side fender well, I personally think it is toast, lot of rust and holes here.

DSCN1081.jpg

Drivers side fender well, this side looks decent.

DSCN1084.jpg

DSCN1076.jpg

DSCN1072.jpgI forgot what this was, but it had a napZ engine, and a 5 speed, the top of the bellhousing was smooth.

DSCN1080.jpg

This was also in there, it was a new one for that yard, all the switches were gone, as well as the door locks, the head was gone, and it was a L18 block, I forget if all 4 stock wheels were there, and I forgot to look at the windshield, it has one, but I don't know if it is good.

DSCN1086.jpg

DSCN1085.jpg

It had a decent gas tank filler neck, so I grabbed it with the gasket and rubber tube connecting it to the tank.

DSCN1089.jpg

As you can see I also grabbed the only decent marker lenses on the truck, the buckets for them lenses were toast, there were no wires connected to the buckets, they had rusted off many years ago.

I also got the rear marker light rubber mounts, as the housings were very rusty, the rubber came off them easily, and I grabbed the dome light assembly as an after thought, as some have been asking about them.

DSCN1086.jpg

Is there anyone here that could sawzall off these bed corners for me?!?!

If I had a sawzall I would...

And Wayno! if you ever make it there again, please check the windshield! It is a bit of a drive for me.