Wrecking Yard Report

There's a '72 521 at the Lynnwood Pick N Pull. I don't think we managed to get any photos, but the face of the dash was decent, the driver's door was straight, the back glass was good, the headliner looked nice, and a hood that was laying in the bed still had the emblem and was pretty damn straight, just might need some spot welds to attach the under frame again.

The bed was completely rusted through, windshield was cracked and fogged to shit, and the pass door was dented up, seat was covered with a basic sewn cover over the torn up stock seat cover.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well dub tee eff mang. Someone throw me a bone

Here is what is in the area now, the issue is what are the corners worth, that is if they are good, as both ads have left the tail section of the box out of the photos.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/pts/2922565845.html

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/2923950106.html

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/2922298267.html

I can go get any of these for you and cut the sections you want if they are good, but I would wait for a better deal.

Here is what is in the area now, the issue is what are the corners worth, that is if they are good, as both ads have left the tail section of the box out of the photos.

http://portland.crai...2922565845.html

http://portland.crai...2923950106.html

http://portland.crai...2922298267.html

I can go get any of these for you and cut the sections you want if they are good, but I would wait for a better deal.

That first one is perfectly reasonable, and I would pay that for it if I were local. $250 would sound good if I could get just the tailgate and corners, but after paying for your time and the cost of shipping I'd guess we're looking more at around $400 and that's more than I'd like to spend.

Thanks Wayno, good thing I didnt make the drive down there. That thing is toast!

A small yard in poulsbo called yank a part just got a 72 240 z. They are advertising the motor on Craigslist Seattle and show pics of the whole car in the ad. They are hit or miss on pricing but the car doesn't look too rusty.

A small yard in poulsbo called yank a part just got a 72 240 z. They are advertising the motor on Craigslist Seattle and show pics of the whole car in the ad. They are hit or miss on pricing but the car doesn't look too rusty.

What years are you able to use?

There are a couple more mid/late 70s Zs in the foster yard right now that have fairly good pass. side inner metal.

I have looked at all the 521s near me in the yards, and none have good rear taillight lenses, all the rear side marker lights are wasted, the license plate brakets are either missing or bent to shit, and every 521 truck had only one good rear box corner of the two, and I am not allowed to bring my grider/cutter into the yards, but they will allow a cordless sawsall in, but I don't own one of them.

The tailgates on all of them are marginal, and all the gate chains are now gone.

All the B210s, 210s, 310s that had matchbox distributers are missing the module, everyone of them is gone.

There was a diesel mercedes with amber fog lights, but joel called dibbs when he asked if I seen any in these yards and I pointed to the one just ahead of us, what a pain in the ass it was to get the hood open.

I have looked at all the 521s near me in the yards, and none have good rear taillight lenses, all the rear side marker lights are wasted, the license plate brakets are either missing or bent to shit, and every 521 truck had only one good rear box corner of the two, and I am not allowed to bring my grider/cutter into the yards, but they will allow a cordless sawsall in, but I don't own one of them.

The tailgates on all of them are marginal, and all the gate chains are now gone.

All the B210s, 210s, 310s that had matchbox distributers are missing the module, everyone of them is gone.

There was a diesel mercedes with amber fog lights, but joel called dibbs when he asked if I seen any in these yards and I pointed to the one just ahead of us, what a pain in the ass it was to get the hood open.

Maybe I should ship you my cordless sawzall :\

I saw that, I picked up a 260 I can use. I wish that 240 would have came up about two weeks ago.

4-1-2012 Fairly complete 76-77 620 Kingcab.

Brown Field Ecology Auto Parts.

1180 Heritage Road San Diego,Calif. 92154

0401121422-vi.jpg

Look at that, the stock hubcaps are still there, the only way one finds stock hubcaps around here is to find them in the trunk of a car, or buried under a bunch of crap that no one wants to dig threw.

• Like 1

hubcaps aaaaand trim rings! jackpot!

Look at that, the stock hubcaps are still there, the only way one finds stock hubcaps around here is to find them in the trunk of a car, or buried under a bunch of crap that no one wants to dig threw.