Wrecking Yard Report

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like a '73 610 just showed up in Modesto... maybe the fenders and grille are still there?

Pick-n-Pull - Modesto

113 Beard Avenue

Modesto, CA 95354 US 209-579-2277

Store Layout Map | Part Pricing

Make Datsun

Model 610

Year 73

Row 0033

Date On Yard 05/17/2012

Edit: I see it has already been mentioned a few posts ago - I hope someone gets some useful stuff off of this one!

What are you looking for?

BTW, there is a guy selling a 521 windshield on craigslist for $80.00, says it's a little foggy on the bottom.

That guy is on ratsun now, I already sent him a PM yesterday.

Looking for the distributor out of the sentra. Sick and tired of the Matchbox price being above $100.

Lynnwood Pick-n-Pull report Friday May 25, 2012

Harbody with Z24I

720 has a factory jack and handle in it

240SX: guys were pulling the KA out, they left behind the 5-speed laying on the ground under the car

20120526062331DSC07638.jpg

280ZX

20120526053058DSC07623.jpg

720 King Cab

20120526054116DSC07626.jpg

720 two guys pulled the transmission out this afternoon

20120526061951DSC07635.jpg

I saw Wayno's truck at the Sherwood PnP as I was leaving.

There were a couple kids all upon a black 620 there, They found 3 inch lowering blocks on the truck.

I found a 620 FSM...

Sorry I missed ya, I could have used the help getting the parts out of there, no wheelbarrow, that sucked. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sherwood yard, there were a few 620s in that yard, one had a W53 head, but I already have an extra, so I left it there for someone else.

There was also a 521, not a lot of good stuff left on it, it had a 210 head.

There were also a couple 720s, I got the rear gears(3.545s) out of the 83, the other had 3.70s

Foster yard,

There were a couple 720s, an early 80 something with an A block with a matchbox distributor, I pulled it, then pulled the cap off, as I don't need to pay for some POS cap, that is when I noticed the shaft was not centered, and the guts were hitting each other inside, I pushed the advance around, but couldn't get it to center itself, so I left it there, is this normal?

The 80 510 was still there, doesn't look much differant than when I seen it last.

All the 720s in this yard seemed to have 3.70 gearsets.

I forgot my camera at home, so I couldn't get a photo of the 58 MG magnettes, I could hardly beleave it was in there, it had a 1500cc engine, and the whole car was mostly there.

I noticed the shaft was not centered, and the guts were hitting each other inside, I pushed the advance around, but couldn't get it to center itself, so I left it there, is this normal?

Yes, normal because most matchbox are shot after 30 years... if you find one that's been rebuilt, that's a good one. And most vacuum advance are shot too. The things to check:

* Does the vacuum advance still hold a vacuum?

* Are the teeth hitting each other? Move the shaft and see if you can get the teeth to hit (on a good one, you wont be able to)

I got a rebuilt matchbox for A14 today -- but the advance was shot. That's OK I have a spare advance.

Yes, normal because most matchbox are shot after 30 years... if you find one that's been rebuilt, that's a good one. And most vacuum advance are shot too. The things to check:

* Does the vacuum advance still hold a vacuum?

* Are the teeth hitting each other? Move the shaft and see if you can get the teeth to hit (on a good one, you wont be able to)

I got a rebuilt matchbox for A14 today -- but the advance was shot. That's OK I have a spare advance.

The teeth were hitting, but that isn't what i noticed first, the plate holding the teeth was crooked, that's when I spun the shaft and it hit the stationary teeth, that kinda depressed me as I already had it out.

I never had one hit before like that, but it looked so nice in the cap, a clean look, like it was new.

This was good for me though, I learned something new, and what to look for now.

I thought it was weird that it had two vacuum advance connections, but it looked like the inside one went to the carb, the other one went somewhere else??

Yep, people buy new cap & rotor thinking it will solve problems. In fact, the cap & Rotor almost never go bad on A-series. I'm running a 30-year old cap right now, Runs perfect. They should have replaced the distributor instead of the cap!

The two-vacuum cannister works exactly like a single if you don't connect a hose to the inner port. They are used on 80s models to retard timing on the overrun (which does not hurt performance, because you are slowing down anyways). They work well as a standard distributor. I run one myself.

Yep, people buy new cap & rotor thinking it will solve problems. In fact, the cap & Rotor almost never go bad on A-series. I'm running a 30-year old cap right now, Runs perfect. They should have replaced the distributor instead of the cap!

Ggzilla is right. I have actually worn a cap out. However, my B110 had over 600K miles at the time and the cap had probably seen at least 200K of those miles :rofl:

matchbox are shot after 30 years...

The things to check:

Clarification: Just turn the shaft and see if the teeth touch. You can rock the stator (teeth-ring) enough to get them to hit, but that is not necesarily a problem. In a good matchbox, the stationary teeth should have even gaps to all four rotor teeth.