Wrecking Yard Report

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lakewood U-pull (or whatever they're calling it now, was the Pull-A-Part):

2 521s (one very picked over, one not so much, no windshields or manifolds and one is missing the engine). One has a good glovebox and the other has a maybe fixable package tray. Dashes both garbage, one has the cluster. Red one has a good original Drivers-side door panel. One has the radiator.

1 '76 620, engine still in it. Grill in bed, some of the lenses were in the cab.

1 280ZX 2+2, still had entire drivetrain (incl. 5-speed).

1 720 4X4, no eng (Z24) but had trans still in it if you're looking for the short 71B for a KA swap.

I don't like the changes they've made. Can't get cheap tires anymore. They pull all the decent wheels/tires and sell them inside for $$$.

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy that I don't have to work on that tranny/clutch combo, I would like to be around to see if it is possible to get it out and replace it without moving the engine.

I installed a long tail 5 speed in my 521. I had to disconnect my exhaust to get the bellhousing to fit up in there. I didn't have to cut my driveline because I used part of a 620 drive shaft. I just can't remember if I grabbed the front half or the rear half for the conversion. Bolted up just fine.

I installed a long tail 5 speed in my 521. I had to disconnect my exhaust to get the bellhousing to fit up in there. I didn't have to cut my driveline because I used part of a 620 drive shaft. I just can't remember if I grabbed the front half or the rear half for the conversion. Bolted up just fine.

I know it will bolt up just fine, and work great. I have trouble getting my shortshaft in and out(out is easier) with the clutch cover in place, there just isn't any room, but I don't remove the bench seat, it might be easier if the tailshaft could rise out the tunnel hole a bit more. Unfortunately I am going to have to change my tranny this weekend, as I have lost a bearing I beleave, so I will post the adventure as it unfolds, or after it is done, have not decided yet. I think this time I will try removing the tranny mount from the frame, it might give me a little more room. I just couldn't imagine 5 more inches of tailshaft to deal with.

sacramento, ca pick n pull :)

image6.jpg

image3.jpg

gauges were perfect!!

image_22.jpg

pretty much inside of wagon was gone,,,,seats were gone in the wagon..back door panels (red) were still there....dash gone...steering column was still there...front and back bumpers were still there. (not in best condition but they work :)

image_2.jpg

image_32.jpg

image4.jpg

image5.jpg

• Like 2

Kelseyville Auto Salvage

7666 Hwy 29

Kelseyville, CA 95451

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

At some point somebody had this 521 really decked out~! Yep~ that seat's LEATHER...

DSC00201.jpg

And last, but not least~

DSC00191.jpg

DSC00192.jpg

There were more 620's, several Hardbodies, and a 720 4x4 that's getting the T-case & driveshafts pulled out for me next week. Which means I'll now have nearly everything for my 521 4x4 build~ wooHOOOOoooo~!!!

Foster pick&pull has 3 620s right now, one is fresh today put in the row, one had a really nice dash, one had a a L18/A87 head, and I beleave one was an automatic. I can't remember about where I seen this, a console with a 3 gauge cluster, it looked good, I think it was a 620??? The 330 geared 720 was still there also.

I ended up taking the dash. Would have liked to get the fiber optic setup too. One of the 620's is an auto. Two of them have A87 heads. The rockers on the green truck are PRISTINE! And that dash has only 2 very small cracks. It had an old, wierd lookin weber, but it's gone now. Some nice black and grey bucket seats in one. The green truck must have been stored pretty well, all the connectors on the harness look friggin brand new! If anyone needs an under-dash harness, this would be the one to get. The 620 in the North Portland yard has a W58. Might be a peanut, I already got the W58 peanut head off the truck next to it ( for $38 HEHE)

I wish somebody would buy that 320 grille, front bumper, rearview and side mirrors and fender trim!!!!! If You do; steroid620@yahoo.com

ALSO, today I went to a yard in Show Low, Arizona. I scored a set of 15" X 10" turbine rims for Lil' Stomper!! There is also a set of 4 slotted mags 14" X 7', a set of 4 with "cooling holes" (not sure of make) and another set of Vector mags. LOTS of 6 lug white spoke steel rims!!!!!

Tomorrow I will hit yards in Globe, AZ.

Looks like a 710 just popped up.

...(I could really use a rear package shelf, if anyone has a chance to check it out.)

Pick-n-Pull - Rancho Cordova [More Information]

3419 Sunrise Blvd

Rancho Cordova, CA 95742 US 916-635-2027

Make Datsun

Model 710

Year 74

Row 0034

Date On Yard 08/28/2011

• 2 weeks later...

I went to look at that wagon over a year ago. The guy said it ran great, but when I drove 2 hours to see it, he was frantically trying to get it to run, which it wouldn't. He said he wanted $1200 for it, to which I explained that it didn't even run. He said he was thinking about pulling the engine and using it for a sandrail, and I told him that I'd take the body if he did that. He also tried to guilt me into getting it, saying, "Maybe I'll just scrap it.." I told him that I'd pay him $50 more than scrap price if it came down to that..

A year later I go to the yard and it's there. :angry:

I went to look at that wagon over a year ago. The guy said it ran great, but when I drove 2 hours to see it, he was frantically trying to get it to run, which it wouldn't. He said he wanted $1200 for it, to which I explained that it didn't even run. He said he was thinking about pulling the engine and using it for a sandrail, and I told him that I'd take the body if he did that. He also tried to guilt me into getting it, saying, "Maybe I'll just scrap it.." I told him that I'd pay him $50 more than scrap price if it came down to that..

A year later I go to the yard and it's there. :angry:

Yeah Its just sitting there. He sold me the hood hinges. Its not in the actual yard though its behind the fence in his personal lot