• Yes.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

My 1st solo session in the industrial paint industry. Zero runs! Because I was in there so long the 1st coat was super dry! I ran a static gun on the moving paint line for about a month. Whole different ball game without the magic of static!20230322_123620.thumb.jpg.1a24404b7f5c889b9a06797d2e1632f4.jpg

Did you have to pee a lot?

• Like 1
On 3/23/2023 at 3:08 AM, bananahamuck said:

On February 2nd ,, ( like 6 weeks ago?) ,, I had open heart ,, quadruple ,, bypass surgery and I didn’t die .. so I give that a win ..

for now 

Many years on this very forum someone (honestly don't remember who) trolled me a line about their father's "white trash okie genes" apparently were going to render him immortal.....which means I must have an infinite life span as well!!!! Much love, my dude! 

• Like 5
On 3/23/2023 at 1:08 AM, bananahamuck said:

On February 2nd ,, ( like 6 weeks ago?) ,, I had open heart ,, quadruple ,, bypass surgery and I didn’t die .. so I give that a win ..

for now

Hey, congrats man.  I have two times on the table myself.  Still hanging in there as well..

Glad to hear you're doing well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I bought a 280 dollar faucet for my travel trailer 

it was a returned item i got it for 90.00 dollars 

when i installed it while i was camping 

the hot side didn't allow water flow but the cold worked fine 

I put fixing it on the back burner till tonight 

i took the faucet apart one piece at a time expecting to see a filter plugged or an oring squished or a diverter plugged 

as i continued past these points i found the main metal housing hot line to be plugged

i tried blowing high pressure air through the line to clear it 

as i started scraping to clean it out i realized it wasn't plugged it was a bad casting without a hole for the water to go through

i grabbed an 1/8 drill bit and drill and carefully drilled a hole to open the line 

i then blew air to clean it all out and compared the hot to cold side and it had similar pressure 

I put it all back together and the faucet work as it should hot and cold sides put out water in an even consistency 

this took about 2 hours but I WON

• Like 8

It was my B-day on the 28th and my wife and daughter treated me like a King all day. I got a cool Tee shit from the Lucky 13 Bar, a new leather belt from Dickys and we went to a Cambodian restaurant for dinner. The spicy eggplant shrimp and ground chicken was a BIG F'n win! 

• Like 12

I went to do an oil change on my kubota diesel in my sailboat. Instead I found a boat full of diesel stink and a bilge with a nice dose of diesel in it. I can't/won't pump it overboard so I pumped it into a bucket. Bilge water, and diesel mixed together when enclosed in a tight hot space really tests the senses. What was supposed to be 1/2 hour job 3 hours later the leak was stopped and the bilge clean but the oil still needed changing. Got it all done so was a win I guess but sure started off feeling like i was losing. Anyways that's boats. If you just come to the conclusion that your boat absolutely hates you,  it makes it easier to accept all the setbacks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If it's got heels or wheels: it's bad news. Change that to: heels, wheels or sails. I live literally on the ocean... ok a couple of hundred feet from the shore. There are marinas everywhere and places that fix them and of all the hundreds of boats I see there are ten times that number in back yards or beside houses on stilts and covered with tarps. One on Rob Avenue has been there over 30 years. The Teak is the color of, a gray cedar fence rail. The white fiberglass is chalky looking and stained with graffiti. Every other home has a POS boat stranded at the end of the driveway, some on trailers with plates that expired over ten years ago. Goddamn there's 1/3 of a trimaran washed up a few km away I pass on my walk. Someone should just burn it.    

• Like 3

Does this count as winning?

Making progress on tig welding aluminum. 

Welding two pieces together is challenging but im getting the hang of it. This is my best attempt yet. The one on the right I wasn't hot enough along with shit feeding of the filler, among lots of other things, but as I kept going you can see i got a little steadier with feeding and my heat was alot better. The one on the left was pretty hard and to hot. 

Screenshot_20230331_154554_Instagram.thumb.jpg.572b52cbd28fa6ff008052b07dcd6430.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1