• Yes.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 3/31/2023 at 2:42 PM, datzenmike said:

Goddamn there's 1/3 of a trimaran washed up a few km away I pass on my walk. Someone should just burn it.    

So you are going to burn all that fiberglass/ plastic in a burn barrel 😞

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
On 3/31/2023 at 10:01 PM, paradime said:

Mike get'n all Sunny n' Char. Love in... it.

Well it's actually Cher (and Sonny), but maybe you intended it this way since Mike did mention burning a boat earlier. 😁

• Like 1

Went to a funding event to support therapy animals at the Lucky 13 Bar. Everybody hung out downing rocket powered tiki drinks and painting. Before the law of diminishing returns kicked in, I somehow managed to slap this on my canvas.

Not bad for a blind drunk guy. 😁🤙

13painting.jpg

Edited by paradime
inducing my inner proof reader.
  • Like 11
6 hours ago, paradime said:

Not bad for a blind drunk guy.

Holy sheite dude, whole lot better than I could do and I CAN see.

Well, unless I'm in the bottle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, paradime said:

Went to a funding event to support therapy animals at the Lucky 13 Bar. Everybody hung out downing rocket powered tiki drinks and painting. Before the law of diminishing returns kicked in, I somehow managed to slap this on my canvas.

Not bad for a blind drunk guy. 😁🤙

13painting.jpg

Good to see you put in some "happy trees" Bob Ross.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, iceman510 said:

Good to see you put in some "happy trees" Bob Ross.

I'm not religious, but isn't Bob Ross the patron saint of Michael's Art Supply?

The great B.R. once said, "You should paint what ever makes you happy". Well the mai tai already made me happy, so I just painted the "happy tree" landscape of my youth. I almost painted the "happy bush" landscape of female genitalia, but my wife talked me out of it.    

• Haha 3

My daughter running the 800 meter in the Alameda county finals passing the leader and pulling an 8 second gap in the last 100 meters. Kids got one hell of a finish. 

Edited by paradime
  • Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...

Got this really nice condition Alpine CDA-9833 for cheap, knowing the CD didn't work.  Pretty safe to say the greasy spring on top of the laser was the culprit.  Found where it was supposed to go, cleaned the laser, and....................winning

345878326_590145776426839_2778959248895126166_n.thumb.jpg.5c2eceb4eb145788148f5265e7231740.jpg

344308117_1475513896519681_4072626522108315557_n.thumb.jpg.072788dfb15d29fc8fa54b54edb93a43.jpg

345556354_470820798561856_1572256130931436386_n.thumb.jpg.b14bb05f75713f8c6571a8e0cf2b1279.jpg

344550941_3331825140414714_1804621233236841470_n.thumb.jpg.34774539907d281f9ea1fc46d05a688c.jpg

I ran one of these for about 15 years before I sold/gave the car to my nephew, telling him I wanted the deck out of the car if he got rid of it.  Then it got stolen.  Oh well 😅

• Like 5
7 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

Nice job. You must one of only a handful of people that goes to this type of effort on these things anymore. Everyone else just slings these things in the trash. Sooo you want to try a 1968 sapphire AM from my Beetle that some Moron (Me) let the smoke out of?😁

Is it worth bothering? Just looking on eBay at prices but I don't follow VWs to know what yours would go for

1 hour ago, thisismatt said:

Is it worth bothering? Just looking on eBay at prices but I don't follow VWs to know what yours would go for

Not worth bothering. I actually just use it to fill the hole. I wouldn't run a stereo in it anyways. Hearing and smell senses are on high alert when driving for what always feels like an impending catastrophic mechanical disaster lurking in the engine bay. Nothing like the sound of an old aircooled vw engine slowly beating itself to death to instill confidence while driving. The scene from up in smoke while Tommy Chongs VW catches fire on the freeway always plays in an endless loop in my mind.

Keep up saving the things others have given up on. I like to see others successes and you definitely have a win.

• Like 4

The ignition coil falling off the fire wall was a good one but my favourite was the fuel squirter falling out of the solex carb and getting eaten by the engine. Dual 5ft long back fire flames in my mates mums driveway as we are trying to work out wtf had happened. Never again will I own a vw 😆

• Like 2

It would be noteworthy if I did not see an eagle every day.  Crows are smart little fuckers and they hate eagles and harass them like fighter planes and set up a racket till they leave. If the crows find something on the beach to eat it's not long before an eagle comes silently gliding in like a WW2 bomber. The crows step aside. Do eagles hunt their own food? They do, though rare to see it. They have no problem taking it from someone else or finding dead stuff MRIs.

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

It would be noteworthy if I did not see an eagle every day.  Crows are smart little fuckers and they hate eagles and harass them like fighter planes and set up a racket till they leave. If the crows find something on the beach to eat it's not long before an eagle comes silently gliding in like a WW2 bomber. The crows step aside. Do eagles hunt their own food? They do, though rare to see it. They have no problem taking it from someone else or finding dead stuff MRIs.

Ben Franklin opposed the eagle as America's national bird on the grounds that it was a scavenger. He proposed the turkey!