• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, angliagt said:

Got an email from a friend in Mendocino,CA - gas is

$8.459/$8.549/$8.689!

I can confirm this. But it's 1 station that I'm pretty sure is a drug front.

Every other station up here is 5.59ish.

• Like 1

I had to go to San Diego yesterday from Orange County. (OC is about 30-ish miles South of Los Angeles)

The Arco station was $5.09 for regular in the morning when I left.  The price was $5.29 when I returned in the afternoon.  I need to buy some gas today, so we'll see what the price is this morning.  I truly expect it will be more than yesterday afternoon.

In the meantime, our esteemed Governor keeps patting himself on the back about all the strides he's made to improve our life...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lozer said:

I can confirm this. But it's 1 station that I'm pretty sure is a drug front.

Every other station up here is 5.59ish.

Got the address for that station?

Asking for a friend.

• Like 1

Not that this will get folks to tug thier finger out of Biden's ass, but I'm guessing you guys didn't see this one yet...

Stocks jump most since June 2020 as oil prices fall sharply

https://oilcity.news/general/2022/03/09/stocks-jump-most-since-june-2020-as-oil-prices-fall-sharply/

Crude oil prices tumbled and the slide accelerated amid reports that the United Arab Emirates will urge fellow OPEC members to boost production and ease supply concerns. A barrel of U.S. crude oil dropped 12.1% to settle at $108.70. Brent crude, the international standard, fell 13.2% to settle at $111.14.

Last week saw record selling of U.S. stocks by hedge funds, strategist Jill Carey Hall wrote in a recent BofA Global Research report. Retail investors and institutional investors were net buyers. The moves by retail investors may be a result of people worrying about missing out on any potential rebound. A “buy-the-dip” strategy, where drops in stocks were seen mainly as opportunities to buy low, was very successful following the 2020 crash caused by the coronavirus. The S&P 500 kept climbing from that plummet without a 10% drop until just recently.

Edited by paradime
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, paradime said:

Not that this will get folks to tug thier finger out of Biden's ass, but I'm guessing you guys didn't see this one yet...

Stocks jump most since June 2020 as oil prices fall sharply

https://oilcity.news/general/2022/03/09/stocks-jump-most-since-june-2020-as-oil-prices-fall-sharply/

Crude oil prices tumbled and the slide accelerated amid reports that the United Arab Emirates will urge fellow OPEC members to boost production and ease supply concerns. A barrel of U.S. crude oil dropped 12.1% to settle at $108.70. Brent crude, the international standard, fell 13.2% to settle at $111.14.

Last week saw record selling of U.S. stocks by hedge funds, strategist Jill Carey Hall wrote in a recent BofA Global Research report. Retail investors and institutional investors were net buyers. The moves by retail investors may be a result of people worrying about missing out on any potential rebound. A “buy-the-dip” strategy, where drops in stocks were seen mainly as opportunities to buy low, was very successful following the 2020 crash caused by the coronavirus. The S&P 500 kept climbing from that plummet without a 10% drop until just recently.

Nobody has their finger in Biden's ass.His head is in the way.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2