Speedymaru

Which do you prefer? Door vs fender mirror

E4HCthA.jpg

Has to be mounted on a flat surface. I like the door much better as it provides a wider view. Looks like zx mirrors.

7PVyEbC.jpg

• Like 1

The biggest hassle with fender mirrors is that pedestrians knock them when walking past, mechanics can damage them if working on your car because they are generally inconveniently located where you elbows need room, the vision is better but reduced in magnification of the mirror. Door mirror is more user-friendly.

• Like 1

It's an interesting 'look' but no advantage.

My wife's Mi has electric fold away mirrors. Great for loading on the ferry or shitty tight parking lots, but in Japan they were to make the car narrower. Road taxes are based on a car's length and width. Maybe this is how the fender mirror came about???

• Like 1

If they were smaller mirrors, I'd say fender, but those look too big to put there. Door.

• Like 1

OK, so I am a fender mirror fan.  But in this case I would put them on door if it were my vehicle.

Yeah, there is a LOT wrong with me.

• Like 2

Good point by morisabel that I didn't think of.

And yes, I was thinking they were a lot smaller when I ordered them. My mistake. If they were smaller and didn't stick up so much then I'd probably put them on the fenders.

I'm going to mount them on the doors. This way I also don't have to drill holes in the body

• Like 1

Door mirrors look and perform best in my opinion. Fender mirrors are only for original JDM only.

• Like 1

"My wife's Mi has electric fold away mirrors. Great for loading on the ferry or shitty tight parking lots, but in Japan they were to make the car narrower. Road taxes are based on a car's length and width. Maybe this is how the fender mirror came about??? "

Yes!  It all comes down to taxes and the requirement in Japan to have the outside rear view mirrors visible to the driver when it is raining.  More modern cars do this with directional air vents so the fold away mirrors meet both external width and vision requirements.

• Like 1

I really dislike the look of rectangular fender mirrors. It totally ruins the lines of the cars, IMHO. It also makes using your mirrors 10x harder. 

Door mirrors. Every time. 

• Like 3

Door.

• Like 2

Do they use blinkers and mirrors when changing lanes where you live?

Some places I've been there doesn't seem to be a need for them.

• Like 1

I believe you're only required to have 1 mirror where I live, so I could just use the rear view inside the cab, but I've already mounted the new mirrors and like the way they look. Also helps watch traffic

• Like 1

I believe you're only required to have 1 mirror where I live, so I could just use the rear view inside the cab, but I've already mounted the new mirrors and like the way they look. Also helps watch traffic

Yeah, even if you are only required to have the one, it's better to cover up (or at least distract from) holes in your door. I only had holes in my driver side, so I only put one mirror on. Besides, the more information you have when driving the better... 

• Like 1

I just put peep mirrors on mine. Totally functional, and something different.

liN64NB.jpg

• Like 7

i need a set of those