RAT'S with DAT'S Show & Swapmeet June 10,11,12 . presented by Datslocos Oregon

denmarkboy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about after? Or two weeks before or after? or what about just any other weekend in the entire year? This just is stepping on toes.

It's inconvenient for sure. Those that are pissed at NWD DNW can go no problem. Those that are not, or just want to stick with what they know, or just don't want to divide between can go with Canby. Worse if on different dates for me because I can only come down for one.

Maybe next year it will not share the same date. Then two possible choices... hopefully business as usual.at Canby or Rats with Dats attracts everyone's attention away from Canby.

• Like 1

hmmmm choices choices 

I dont want to have to choose but canby has always been a blast 

this additional competing show might put a good dent into what canby is and might end my canby tradition  but I will be attending canby this year ( if they have it as they always have ) 

and if it goes to hell will be going somewhere else next year 

it will suck to not see a bunch of rat friends if both of these go according to plans 

I dont blame you Al for doing this the same weekend as DNW might have it coming to them 

the Ratsun group has had some rowdy and fun times at canby and in my opinion have been pretty mellowed the last two years 

MAYBE ITS TIME FOR SOMETHING NEW 

WITH LESS RULES 

TIME WILL TELL :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

take it easy Al and dont get your blood boiling  its just the internet 

you have done great things with great help and contributions from many people and companies 

I hope both shows happen and both do well 

• Like 5

RAT'S with DAT'S

PRESENTED BY ; DATSLOCOS OREGON

CAR SHOW & SWAPMEET

Welcome to the first annual Rat's with Dat's car show & swapmeet . This is a 3 day 2 night event .

This will your chance to show of your ratsun side and put the fun back into owning a Datsun .

We will be doing a car show with 5 classes , stock , rat , custom , interior , best of show . There will be trophies for 1-3 places in all classes.

In addition we will be awarding a hard luck award , highest mile car/truck award . And of course the Ratsun throphy.

Addition activities planned :

car related games with awards / prizes . such as , how far can you push a boiled egg with your car , fasted timed tire rotation . and a few others .

There is swimming , volleyball , horseshoes , Bon fires , live music on Saturday , hiking trails , vista views .

P.S. this is a bike and dog friendly event !!

There will be 10 swapmeet spaces avalible .

These spots are not for venders looking to make $ . these are for ratsun people to sell and trade parts with one another .

We are currently working on the web links for preregister.

EVENTS & SHOW FEES

Camping fees ;

20 per night , includes 1 car/truck , 1 tent , 3 people

30 3 days , 2 nights . includes 1 car/truck , 1 tent , 3 people

80 V.I.P. package . includes 3 days , 2 nights , 3 cars/trucks

3 tents , 10 people , one t shirt & sticker

All those who can prove the drove farther than 100 mies gets free shirt .

Swapmeet fees :

20 per day , 10x24 space

30 for the entire weekend

special rates for more tan one space is possible . 10 spaces avail.

Day and gate fees :

0 No charge for attending

5 For a day pass for your datsun

Car show fees :

25 enters your car/truck into the show and shine Saturday.

This also includes a free shirt , plague , and your shot at

one of fifteen trophies .

Please stay tuned as we will be adding web links to pre registration in the next fee days .

thanks ; Denmarkboy

The event is being 33 miles sw of eugene . maps and direction will be posted as soon as I get the proper maps made .

The roads are all asphalt and will accompany lowered cars/trucks .

Can't wait! You build it and Cali will show!

• Like 4

For some one who preached so much about bringing the Datsun community together, this seems more like a wedge to divide it. Just saying. Us or them?

The rats and dats show sounds like a good time. But maybe a different date. Doesn't sound like there was much effort put into that. Sounds like it's been set out of fury. Just saying.

If anyone is pissed off at anything, they should be pissed off at them selves first. For their actions cause reaction. Just saying.

• Like 10

hmmmm choices choices

I dont want to have to choose but canby has always been a blast

this additional competing show might put a good dent into what canby is and might end my canby tradition but I will be attending canby this year ( if they have it as they always have )

and if it goes to hell will be going somewhere else next year

it will suck to not see a bunch of rat friends if both of these go according to plans

I dont blame you Al for doing this the same weekend as DNW might have it coming to them

the Ratsun group has had some rowdy and fun times at canby and in my opinion have been pretty mellowed the last two years

MAYBE ITS TIME FOR SOMETHING NEW

WITH LESS RULES

TIME WILL TELL :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

take it easy Al and dont get your blood boiling its just the internet

you have done great things with great help and contributions from many people and companies

I hope both shows happen and both do well

I agree, will be attending Canby as usual this year unless there is a clear reason to go farther south. Same with next year. Time will tell.

Well they have done a tremendous job to date

I think they deserve a bit more than one then don't they

They (Dave) has done a tremendous job shepherding Canby in the past. Recent comments and changes there leave this up in the air for now and it won't be much fun if some of the people I want to see are somewhere else. Is Canby on the DNW calendar yet? The fairgrounds have it penciled in. If it's on I'll be going.   

• Like 1

By "they", you mean Dave, right?

I agree, will be attending Canby as usual this year unless there is a clear reason to go farther south. Same with next year. Time will tell.

They (Dave) has done a tremendous job shepherding Canby in the past. Recent comments and changes there leave this up in the air for now and it won't be much fun if some of the people I want to see are somewhere else. Is Canby on the DNW calendar yet? The fairgrounds have it penciled in. If it's on I'll be going.   

"they"

Well I know that Dave,Steve,Doug and Colleen, Julie and more that I cannot remember right now have made it all happen

• Like 5

I'm already tired of hearing all this what about Canby bs.

What about Canby? Well last year we built a truck to give away at the DNW event and they couldn't even be bothered to announce it any earlier than the day of the event. Slap in the face 1. But one of their members can spend the whole rest of the year harassing the person who championed the project, yes Al, for the money so they can take credit for a project that they had so little interest in that they didn't promote or contribute. Slap two. Then the VP of the club publicly rips the guy who wanted to give DNW a free truck to raffle off. Slap 3

Why will I be going to Rat's With Dat's:

1-This is how they are handling business. I for one don't want to support a DNW event based on their action.

2-Rat's With Dat's is where the people I want to be around are going to be

Edit: (3,4)

3-I live local so I want to support my local event from the club I'm a part of

4-Because 3, I'm bring two trucks

It's pretty simple to me

So, I'm going

• Like 3

I'm already tired of hearing all this what about Canby bs.

What about Canby? Well last year we built a truck to give away at the DNW event and they couldn't even be bothered to announce it any earlier than the day of the event. Slap in the face 1. But one of their members can spend the whole rest of the year harassing the person who championed the project, yes Al, for the money so they can take credit for a project that they had so little interest in that they didn't promote or contribute. Slap two. Then the VP of the club publicly rips the guy who wanted to give DNW a free truck to raffle off. Slap 3

Why will I be going to Rat's N Dat's:

1-This is how they are handling business. I for one don't want to support a DNW event based on their action.

2-Rat's N Dat's is where the people I want to be around are going to be

Edit: (3,4)

3-I live local so I want to support my local event from the club I'm a part of

4-Because 3, I'm bring two trucks

It's pretty simple to me

So, I'm going

#2 for me. Yeah a lot of Washingtonian's will be going to canby. I can see them here. If the Oregon people are going to be in Eugene I'm going to be in Eugene. Hit up those that I could while I was down there dropping off parts during Christmas break.
  • Like 2

Hasn't Blue Lake always been a one day show, though? Canby is a different animal altogether.

Yes. But certain people wanted to break off of them and start there own show, thus creating Canby. Have you ever notice that the main people dont go to the other shows, except one or two.  There has always been clashes between the two groups. I talked to a guy local to me that was a member with DNW.  He wanted nothing to do with Blue lake....

So what Rats with Dats are doing, is pretty much the same  between Blue Lake and Canby. Except they are not members.

This is why I dont sign up for memberships.  Way to much politics.  I Support ALL DATSUN RELATED MEETS, its easier..

Edited:  Hopefully this is true.  To bring us together

"

I plan on attending plenty of shows and other club events like Red Door, Datsloco, NW datuns, BADass, Woodburn import faceoff, auto crosses and track days this year, along with DatsunsNW cruises. I'd like to see more of us getting together for these.

Steve Pepka

DatsunsNW"

• Like 9

Right on, HOGIE, I prefer a pet and family friendly environment with fun activities to a "no bikes, no pets, no music please be quiet and don't wake up the neighbors across the street, act like you're 80 years old, we will play morgue music at dinner time" environment. BULLSHIT....I'm going where the FUN is!

• Like 1

No Kiwis, youll have a hard enough time handling me :)

Cant come this year, have a trip to Hong Kong planned around the same time :(

Must keep Mrs RW happy.

just accidentally get the wrong tickets, once you get off the plane be like well we are here let's make the best of it. Tell her you will stop at every china town in every city you come across just to make up for it

• Like 3

I would be thought of as an asshole in either group

lol ricks bringing the funny !!!

I know. I know. 

I've been pulled a million different ways the second I got off work. 

Down to 2 conversations and my internets now. Easing up. 

plus the man flirting with goober ...shit imagin if you spent that time datsuning instead of cowboying the internet.....

For some one who preached so much about bringing the Datsun community together, this seems more like a wedge to divide it. Just saying. Us or them?

The rats and dats show sounds like a good time. But maybe a different date. Doesn't sound like there was much effort put into that. Sounds like it's been set out of fury. Just saying.

If anyone is pissed off at anything, they should be pissed off at them selves first. For their actions cause reaction. Just saying.

nothing like a stab at a good cause and a little teamwork to back fire and shit up our whole hobby... this rivals the classified shit show that cause the defacto NWD site...(lol mike nice reference earlier ... only a few caught that purposeful typo..)   like seriously I'm over this shit,  why did we start another thread to just have it be the same ... its obvious why the date is the date... and i don't agree with that choice but its not mine to make ..... I was personally questioned about the donation and went to the source and was told from the horses mouth that it was donated...now the story different ....

fuck I don't know i just wanna have a community where we share shit and get together and have fun this drama is blah 

• Like 5

Yes. But certain people wanted to break off of them and start there own show, thus creating Canby. Have you ever notice that the main people dont go to the other shows, except one or two.  There has always been clashes between the two groups. I talked to a guy local to me that was a member with DNW.  He wanted nothing to do with Blue lake....

So what Rats with Dats are doing, is pretty much the same  between Blue Lake and Canby. Except they are not members.

This is why I dont sign up for memberships.  Way to much politics.  I Support ALL DATSUN RELATED MEETS, its easier..

Edited:  Hopefully this is true.  To bring us together

"

I plan on attending plenty of shows and other club events like Red Door, Datsloco, NW datuns, BADass, Woodburn import faceoff, auto crosses and track days this year, along with DatsunsNW cruises. I'd like to see more of us getting together for these.

Steve Pepka

DatsunsNW"

The whole thing was people being stupid and letting their egos clash.  We did the first year of canby together,  then people who have never gotten along fought, and blue lake went back to blue lake, and canby became a thing.  And to be honest, it was the best thing ever.  Why?  Because we got TWO great local shows out of it.  We keep saying more from NWD should attend blue lake.  All of us that do blue lake come to canby every year. ME, my dad, pat, joe, we all come.  I even register my car every year to help support canby show.  Its been years since the split bs,  and frankly i get tired of people ever bringing it up. Its the past.  And if people are still holding onto that bs, then they need to move on, and get over it.  We have 2 amazing datsun shows up here in the PNW, and hopefully a 3rd.  How about we ALL work together. We all love the same brand of cars. Its time for us all to grow up and act our ages.   To me, the Datsun shows we have in the PNW, are the best in the nation.     

• Like 8

plus the man flirting with goober ...shit imagin if you spent that time datsuning instead of cowboying the internet.....

I don't have him here to stroke my ego anymore. He's in your shop doing that. 

You know you're going to miss him. Start being jelly now. 

• Like 1