RAT'S with DAT'S Show & Swapmeet June 10,11,12 . presented by Datslocos Oregon

denmarkboy

Canby will still be there if you feel like stopping by I'm sure no one would stop you. It will cost 5$ for the day is what it said..

I think a drive by , honking, waving would be awesome with a big caravan, would be better than stopping in, or meet up right outside the fairgrounds and not pay to go in

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Devil's advocate...

This definitely seems a bit spiteful. And I really don't blame you*. Whether this was Al's idea, Datloco's, or the club's(Datsloco)* as a whole. 

I can understand why one would do it. We have been talking about it since...well, you know. 

Why would you* force a choice? Most may not be fans of the "us or them" tactic. I could imagine some would even be resentful of forcing the choice. 

Wouldn't it be a better bet to have it more towards the end of the season? Allowing a bit more build-up to your event?

I would even use the Canby show as free advertising to promote your* show. Hell, maybe the DNW group would pick up how much fail they created and drop their antics altogether. 

Don't get me wrong. I understand the angst. I'm right there with you*. I just think there are better ways to ensure that you stick it to them. 

Canby may be ran by DNW. But are you* really hurting them by doing this?

Having the your* show at a different time lets people attack both. Then, THEN next year, people will go back to Canby raving about the next big thing at the end of summer. 

Just stuff to think about. 

• Like 7

There is that too. Datsloco, the person, has not been the nicest to Ratsun people. At least not on the internets. 

I'm just curious why the rebellions would not want to be at Canby to throw one holy hell of a shit show?

Don't agree with the status of their stance? Shut 'em down internally. 

BOOM! Piss off the fairgrounds...guess what...no more Canby!

• Like 2

Not sure; perhaps because in one scenario, "Group A" would be looked at as a bunch of assholes. In the other, the "Group B" would look like the assholes.

I don't think the goal is to get rid of Canby(wasn't it cancelled, anyway?), but rather, have a meet where the prior leadership didn't have any say in what goes on. Is that more accurate?

• Like 2

Devil's advocate...

This definitely seems a bit spiteful. And I really don't blame you*. Whether this was Al's idea, Datloco's, or the club's(Datsloco)* as a whole. 

I can understand why one would do it. We have been talking about it since...well, you know. 

Why would you* force a choice? Most may not be fans of the "us or them" tactic. I could imagine some would even be resentful of forcing the choice. 

Wouldn't it be a better bet to have it more towards the end of the season? Allowing a bit more build-up to your event?

I would even use the Canby show as free advertising to promote your* show. Hell, maybe the DNW group would pick up how much fail they created and drop their antics altogether. 

Don't get me wrong. I understand the angst. I'm right there with you*. I just think there are better ways to ensure that you stick it to them. 

Having the your* show at a different time lets people attack both. Then, THEN next year, people will go back to Canby raving about the next big thing at the end of summer. 

I'm for this, for no other reason than that I may very well not be able to make it to Canby this year. Flat tire or no flat tire :unsure:

• Like 1

Keeping in mind that Canby was around long before Ratsun, and that Ratsun members are only a small group of the total enthusiasts that attend. Most of the campers are Ratsun, I would think at least half are, and maybe 15% to 20% of the attendance? I'm guessing here. It's not a Ratsun show, but is sure is a Ratsun event to go to Canby as sponsored by DNW. It's tradition. 

You know, ya gotta wonder wtf is going on over at DNW. Haven't expressed much of an opinion about the events of the last week but, was Dave the only person holding the Canby event together? Dave, GD it man, ten years! My hat's off to you for all the work you put into it every year. Awesome job it was.

So... with a new president, is DNW even interested in the Canby show any more? Why is the event not posted? If you are serious about Canby and Datsun owners, why has this resentment over Green Bastards ill thought out comments been allowed to fester here? What's being done to attract and keep Ratsun attendance up?.... and now there is a competing Datsun show planned the same weekend? I'm not at all surprised at this backlash.  

Everything has a beginning and over time becomes a tradition. Will "Rats With Dats" one day become a traditional Datsun car show and meet????

• Like 8

I'm just curious why the rebellions would not want to be at Canby to throw one holy hell of a shit show?

Don't agree with the status of their stance? Shut 'em down internally. 

BOOM! Piss off the fairgrounds...guess what...no more Canby!

I admit I do like the shit in your face show idea lol

No bikes

No pets

No music

No being loud

:fu:

They take the F out of fun!

• Like 1

Many of the ideas in this thread have been brought to DNW as ways to improve the show.

Keeping in mind that Canby was around long before Ratsun, and that Ratsun members are only a small group of the total enthusiasts that attend. Most of the campers are Ratsun, I would think at least half are, and maybe 15% to 20% of the attendance? I'm guessing here. It's not a Ratsun show, but is sure is a Ratsun event to go to Canby as sponsored by DNW. It's tradition. 

You know, ya gotta wonder wtf is going on over at DNW. Haven't expressed much of an opinion about the events of the last week but, was Dave the only person holding the Canby event together? Dave, GD it man, ten years! My hat's off to you for all the work you put into it every year. Awesome job it was.

So... with a new president, is DNW even interested in the Canby show any more? Why is the event not posted? If you are serious about Canby and Datsun owners, why has this resentment over Green Bastards ill thought out comments been allowed to fester here? What's being done to attract and keep Ratsun attendance up?.... and now there is a competing Datsun show planned the same weekend? I'm not at all surprised at this backlash.  

Everything has a beginning and over time becomes a tradition. Will "Rats With Dats" one day become a traditional Datsun car show and meet????

My thoughts exactly. Very well said! 

• Like 2

I also think that there are a lot of folks that just don't go to Canby.... because they've NEVER HEARD ABOUT IT.

One other difference will be the amount of promotion put into this show. It will make a huge difference. The draw from Canby might only be low percentage wise.. but I still think the turnout will be great!

• Like 3

Devil's advocate...

Spiteful... yes, but understandable. The Green Bastard "with no axe to grind" has caused an axe to need grinding.

People will go where the 'action' is and that's not much of a choice... but you can't know where that is always. Generally and traditionally it's been Canby. The pendulum swings. 

My only choice is I get one. Can't go to two separate ones. Best possible is Canby (if there is one) and drop by Sunday, maybe.

• Like 2

Spiteful... yes, but understandable. The Green Bastard "with no axe to grind" has caused an axe to need grinding.

People will go where the 'action' is and that's not much of a choice... but you can't know where that is always. Generally and traditionally it's been Canby. The pendulum swings.

My only choice is I get one. Can't go to two separate ones. Best possible is Canby (if there is one) and drop by Sunday, maybe.

Isn't that like quoting to yourself haha
  • Like 1