What is wrong with Ratsun, can it be fixed?

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this thread grew fast. I couldn't even get past the second page before I wanted to punch someone in the dick!

My two cents, we need more than two mods that actually do something besides enjoy having their name appear in a different color. There is a reason a jury is made up of multiple people instead of ONE OR TWO. It's too much responsibility for ONE OR TWO people. 

I DO NOT THINK ANY ONE MOD SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE FORUM. MIKE SAID HIMSELF THE OLD CLASSIFIEDS WERE MORE USEFUL, FULL OF KNOWLEDGE, YET IT CAN'T BE CHANGED. BULLSHIT. YOU JUST WANT IT YOUR WAY AND THAT'S IT! AM I WRONG, GET IT CHANGED BACK OR OWN IT!

• Like 3

Wow, this thread grew fast. I couldn't even get past the second page before I wanted to punch someone in the dick!

My two cents, we need more than two mods that actually do something besides enjoy having their name appear in a different color. There is a reason a jury is made up of multiple people instead of ONE OR TWO. It's too much responsibility for ONE OR TWO people. 

I DO NOT THINK ANY ONE MOD SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE FORUM. MIKE SAID HIMSELF THE OLD CLASSIFIEDS WERE MORE USEFUL, FULL OF KNOWLEDGE, YET IT CAN'T BE CHANGED. BULLSHIT. YOU JUST WANT IT YOUR WAY AND THAT'S IT! AM I WRONG, GET IT CHANGED BACK OR OWN IT!

Yes.

You are wrong.

Did you even read this thread? It pretty much answers everything

What 'core community'? I see some same old members that have made their complaints and moved on come back to complain on a forum they rarely post on. A topic like 'What's wrong and can it be fixed' is like blood in the water and the sharks close in for a troll feed. We have had several like this and they are useful for mining the opinions expressed. Complaints are usually weighted toward the negative. No one calls up the government to congratulate them on the stuff they do right.

Well so far what I have gotten out of this thread is Jeff, Fisch, & Skib are still a live and well.  Skib you haven't changed!

And.............

Poor old RW doesnt get a mention!

Sheesh, between DM's moderation, and Laotsu's outstanding, and razor sharp reparte, its no wonder I cry myself to sleep at night.

• Like 2

The info on this site is great but there are too many over opinionated assholes on here. Most of the young people are one or more of the 50 facebook datsun pages. They ask the same question over and over. You cant have a build thread on facebook or even find anything on a page because it's all just one big long ass page. I don't care for it.

As far as those other sites they aren't exactly hopping. Pretty dead over there.

I would have to agree to a certain extent, as a transient user here.

Great site, lots of good info, how-to section is awesome. Just a lot of clutter through the joking, arguing, misinformation or speculation. If it were me to decide I would find it difficult because this site is built around that type of culture. Laid back, creative, maybe not too horrendously technical or dead set on performance but rather making do... RATSUN we aren't building trailer queens or Barrett Jackson pieces.

• Like 3

My two cents, we need more than two mods that actually do something besides enjoy having their name appear in a different color.

I DO NOT THINK ANY ONE MOD SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE FORUM. 

Wait, my name is a different color? No one told me this would happen! :rofl: 

No one mod can make any changes to the forum, only the owner can do that. All us mods do is try to herd the cats and keep the door to door salesman out. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXPeLctgvQI

• Like 2

Wait, are we still going on about the classifieds?

Well we weren't, yet, but it been brought up now, sort of.

You are likely referring to my rebuttal of some of the complaints listed. I can see from farther down you aren't interested in reason just bitching about things....

Covered in earlier posts in this thread, try reading it.

I DO NOT THINK ANY ONE MOD SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE FORUM.

To moderate is to make less extreme, to remove or alter the severity of, in this case, posts or comments on a forum and apply and enforce rules against such things to keep things running (more or less) smoothly. In this it's not sensible or expedient to contact all other mods to have a vote on what to do. In some extreme circumstances it is, but usually action is needed immediately. So if the above statement is that the day to day running should be run by a committee well try fixing your Datsun by consulting several others before tightening every nut and bolt

If this is about a radical forum change like the old classifieds to new, then no, a single mod has no control over that. This was covered years ago in depth. Go back and re read similar bitch posts about it on your own time.

MIKE SAID HIMSELF THE OLD CLASSIFIEDS WERE MORE USEFUL, FULL OF KNOWLEDGE, YET IT CAN'T BE CHANGED. BULLSHIT.

I may have said they were more useful for the information in them, but really, they were a 'for sale' or 'want to buy' posting. Not by itself an information post but sometimes it showed up on it, yes. (if you want info there is the search function or ask in the proper forum) But also a lot more showed up including but not limited to those not remotely interested in buying or selling, making useless comments, flaming the price, arguing with others, socializing with others, and sending the post off on an Insomniacs tangent. The biggest complainers about the new classifieds were the biggest trolls on the old. Sellers were run off and these parts are becoming more and more rare every year. These parts NEED to be available to all members and they should feel free to post them. Again... Go back and re read similar bitch posts about it on your own time. It's all covered there.

I don't believe I said it: 'can't be changed'. If I did, I meant to say "It (forum policy) won't be changed" No shit.

YOU JUST WANT IT YOUR WAY AND THAT'S IT!

AM I WRONG,

GET IT CHANGED BACK OR OWN IT!

No

Yes

Unlikely

• Like 1