What is wrong with Ratsun, can it be fixed?

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The info on this site is great but there are too many over opinionated assholes on here. Most of the young people are one or more of the 50 facebook datsun pages. They ask the same question over and over. You cant have a build thread on facebook or even find anything on a page because it's all just one big long ass page. I don't care for it.

As far as those other sites they aren't exactly hopping. Pretty dead over there.

• Like 9

This thread is meant for the sole purpose of improving Ratsun.  Some of the feedback posted in this thread will possibly be hard for the mods to hear, but I hope they listen and learn from this thread.

This also will apply to members also, there will be tings posted that we will not like to hear, but hopefully we will listen and learn.

I would like to see Ratsun stay what it was when I signed up, a great friendly community where people sought answers to Datsun questions and were accepted at face value.  I have learned a lot here and I hope I have posted information that is helpful to others. 

Good bunch of people here, now lets try to make it better!

• Like 2

1. Classifieds

2. Members not being dickfaces to new members

3. If this is a community, listen to your peers feedback.

4. Issues happen, deleting is dangerous. 

5. People come here to find parts they can't find anywhere else via search engines. Current classifies don't appear to be crawled and don't show up on google. Only locked, old threads.

• Like 7

Good points Draker.  I hope this thread does not get any one banned. 

I started it hoping to get the issues out and maybe get some of them fixed. 

I would like to see Ratsun be on top long after I am dead and gone.

We can not keep running off the the young posters as the are the future.

Just wondering why Ratsun has lost so many members over the last couple years?

There have been multiple forums started by ex Ratsun members.  What has driven these people away?

Maybe not ex members but not happy members.  DMT,  NWD to name 2.

Well you are correct two is 'multiple' but only one away from single.

Lets face it Ratsun is on top as far as information.  Why do people come here excited about their Datsuns make a few posts and never return?

For the information to get their vehicle running.  It's a forum and members are fluid and come and go as they please. Some stay... some go. Those well versed in the internet usually have a thick skin. Those that don't can grow one. Some are here for the social interaction (beer drinking) others to trade info and experience. All have Datsuns in common.

Well... it would be easy for you to see why, had all the threads not been deleted hidden.

I don't see why someone should post bull shit, objectionable material, obscene material, contentious subjects and cause trouble and then have it here forever. Is it only these crap posts that keep members coming back?  If racist remarks were spray painted in your town, would you feel that they should be on display for any visitor to see? Or would you paint over them?

Jeff's vision, and the one I like to think all of the mods use to gauge their response to all posts and members, is of a garage full of laughing friends and others working on our Datsuns, having a beer and shooting the shit about our cars. If someone was out of line they'd be warned or told to leave. Can't get simpler than that. We police ourselves.

1. Classifieds

2. Members not being dickfaces to new members

3. If this is a community, listen to your peers feedback.

4. Issues happen, deleting is dangerous. 

5. People come here to find parts they can't find anywhere else via search engines. Current classifies don't appear to be crawled and don't show up on google. Only locked, old threads.

1/ If strictly buying and selling, the Classifieds work.

2/ It's the internet. Many dickheads have gone on to be good contributing members. The others... aren't here.

3/ It's the internet. Sadly, no one has to listen to anyone else and usually they don't. So ban or hide objectionable posters or posts.

4/ Yes, things happen. Shit has to be cleaned up. Don't forget, this is not a democracy. Don't make that mistake. A member majority does not rule here, but it's wishes likely will be considered. It's closer to a benevolent committee run dictatorship.  

5/ Sorry if not on Google. If you want parts bad enough then search bad enough.    

• Like 2

Good points Draker.  I hope this thread does not get any one banned. 

I started it hoping to get the issues out and maybe get some of them fixed. 

I would like to see Ratsun be on top long after I am dead and gone.

We can not keep running off the the young posters as the are the future.

To be banned you would have to go a lot farther than complaining.

For the information to get their vehicle running.  It's a forum and members are fluid and come and go as they please. Some stay... some go. Those well versed in the internet usually have a thick skin. Those that don't can grow one. Some are here for the social interaction (beer drinking) others to trade info and experience. All have Datsuns in common.

• Like 1

Where all the mods.  Come on guys how about some input.  As you are the only ones that can really change things here.  I can only do so much.

Hard to keep up.

Only been an hour. Steve was here this AM but is likely at work now. I took the day off.

• Like 1

Gosh. I am 60, and have had at least one Datsun since High school.  I graduated from that in 1973.

I guess that make me somewhere between grumpy old man, and Senior member.

I sometimes get a little short, and my attempts at humor are not seen by all. 

I like this about Ratsun.  NO ADS!

I have learned to ignore threads I do not like, or have no interest in.  

• Like 6

1/ If strictly buying and selling, the Classifieds work.

2/ It's the internet. Many dickheads have gone on to be good contributing members. The others... aren't here.

3/ It's the internet. Sadly, no one has to listen to anyone else and usually they don't. So ban or hide objectionable posters or posts.

4/ Yes, things happen. Shit has to be cleaned up. Don't forget, this is not a democracy. Don't make that mistake. A member majority does not rule here, but it's wishes likely will be considered. It's closer to a benevolent committee run dictatorship.  

5/ Sorry if not on Google. If you want parts bad enough then search bad enough.    

1. yes

2. Agree some have contributed but others are still here.

3. Agree

4.  :mellow:

5. Good thing that nugget was posted here and not in the classifieds.  :hug:

• Like 1

That is just not always the natural flow of discussion....

I started my removal from Ratsun well before the classifieds. Actually, check the date of my 510Realm joining, that will tell you when. There was a time I was the 7th most posted here, and I rarely visited insomniacs.

Its not one thing, its a conglomerate.

But then again, its just the internet, we all have lives, people change.

• Like 5

Most posts with questions are answered that way also and you can also start your own post an ask a question.

I agree to an extent. I like to read stuff...stuff that I might not have stumbled upon or thought about... hence why i like the old style. 

For example: a 73 510 four door for sale. right away someone would chime in and say, hey, only two doors were sold that year.

BUT, I would never post an ad just to ask if a four door was sold in 73...

the seller might get pm'd but the rest who see the ad think there are 73 510 four door out there lol. 

Hopefully that makes sense.

• Like 4

Hopefully that makes sense.

It does, but still this often happens in ordinary threads too. Something is said and someone corrects the info or is corrected. If only the old classifieds did only that.... but along with the good and useful comes the bad.

• Like 1