What is wrong with Ratsun, can it be fixed?

I'm currently on the phone with dish network, there is one channel that has show I think sucks, I want them to fix it.

Can you also ask them if they can also fix all members' concerns here, on Ratsun? I'd like them to fix them. B-)

• Like 1
  • Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see nothing wrong suggesting a search for the reasons given earlier. I often prime the pump with one or several search answer posts and what search words to use (not little black box) how I arrived at them and how easy and fast it was.  I do not simply say... Use the goddamn search noob! I don't approve of others doing the same.

If someone would leave this forum because they see someone tell someone to use the search what does that say?

As for posting answers I do what I can, make suggestions and if not point in some direction. I have over 1,000+ old P/Ms since I last erased them, of which 800+ were sent to me usually with a question to answer. I suggest a search rarely, compared to how many answers made in full. Go ahead anyone, check any first post where I've replied and find the ones where search is mentioned.

Mike, you are not under attack here. I've seen you offer search suggestions and that's exactly what I do when I want to reply, but don't have time for a full blown answer. There are other members who just put they words "search engine" or whatever, that pisses me off. I don't keep track of who they are because I don't really care, so I'm not pointing fingers.

Someone might leave due to the erosion of their ideal of what any forum is supposed to be. I doubt any one person leaves to never come back after one instance of insolence.

• Like 1

If you don't have time to answer a guy that is ok.

If the guy wanted to use google he would.

Making a thread and asking for help or feedback is social.

Ratsun is the Datsun enthusiast social network. So if a guy wants to ask a question and somebody (other than the guy that's busy that moment etc) wants to answer...we should let them.

Put this forum back to bustling please. If the mods are busy expand that group to other knowledgeable and non burnt out ratsunites.

Radio

• Like 1

In the end, it's just an internet forum people. 

Yeah it is, but I doubt people are initially looking for a forum to hang out at. They come because they have questions and they stay (or leave in this case) based on how they are treated. Nobody wants to go to the playground and be ridiculed for not bringing any toys.

• Like 3

Fuck me, I just read the rest of this and I want my 10 fucking minutes back!!!  The only good thing was the Z car with the Rotas I want!!!  Don't let gamez see, he no like phillipino wheels! :)

If it is a waste of time why do you keep reading and posting?

• Like 3

Gentlemen, AND ladies ((of course)), if it seems that you have become sick and tired of your

DATSUNS,

I'd be more than willing to LOVINGLY accept them for you for WHATEVER reason. I stay in Pasadena, California...

Go on about, gentleman, and ladies ((of course)).

• Like 1

Someone might leave due to the erosion of their ideal of what any forum is supposed to be. I doubt any one person leaves to never come back after one instance of insolence.

Which is evidenced by some of the comment makers here who are not around much if at all. They left but come back to comment/complain.

If you don't have time to answer a guy that is ok.

If the guy wanted to use google he would.

Making a thread and asking for help or feedback is social.

Ratsun is the Datsun enthusiast social network. So if a guy wants to ask a question and somebody (other than the guy that's busy that moment etc) wants to answer...we should let them.

Put this forum back to bustling please. If the mods are busy expand that group to other knowledgeable and non burnt out ratsunites.

Radio

Wasn't there a point about first impressions made. I should let all noobs first posts through to be pounced on by the first Ratsun member with an attitude to demand he use the search? I welcome new members and one in ten ask/suggest they try the search for lots of posts with more detail.

Datsun Social Network? well wayno says we should get rid of General Discussion and go pure Datsun Tech and cut out all the bullshit 'say nothing' posts. We do have a social flavor though. Coming here for answers to questions is not being social, its more like going to the library. You can do both but most join for info first.

Yeah it is, but I doubt people are initially looking for a forum to hang out at. They come because they have questions and they stay (or leave in this case) based on how they are treated. Nobody wants to go to the playground and be ridiculed for not bringing any toys.

Speaking of the library.... when you go there you search for your own books generally. A librarian may show you where/how to look but you don't expect them to read it to you.

• Like 1

If ratsun is a library, then it's the most enthusiastic library ever. I have library stickers on my cars. I also have a metal library sign in my garage and I'm wearing a library belt buckle.

Ratsun: world's coolest library.

• Like 3

If ratsun is a library, then it's the most enthusiastic library ever. I have library stickers on my cars. I also have a metal library sign in my garage and I'm wearing a library belt buckle.

Ratsun: world's coolest library.

Excuse me sir but to qualify to be an enthusiastic forum it has to be taken to the racetrack.

• Like 6

This is the only forum or "social site" that I visit. Visited other forums, found them lacking.

If you are feeling roughed up on Ratsun you are thin skinned which will lead to pointless threads of how you were hurt. For that reason I am glad not all visitors stick around.

As an informative, interesting and fun place to visit Ratsun excels.

Nothing to be fixed hear...people move on in life as well as away from Ratsun. Sadly some respected members, too. But hey they have a life apart from us.

IMHO

• Like 3

Don't put words in my mouth, I said and I quote,   "I have come to the conclusion that this place would be better off without that section"  , I did not say we should get rid of it, I said it would be "better off", please don't twist what I say around to mean something I did not mean or say, if I think we should get rid of something, I will say it.

We have already been through this, when a newbie comes on here, and asks a question, then another member answers that question, and then suggests that they could also have used the search function, that is great, but then the next guy comes along 15/30 minutes later tells the newbie that there is a search function and they should use it, well that is an attack, there is no other word for it.

Which is evidenced by some of the comment makers here who are not around much if at all. They left but come back to comment/complain.

Wasn't there a point about first impressions made. I should let all noobs first posts through to be pounced on by the first Ratsun member with an attitude to demand he use the search? I welcome new members and one in ten ask/suggest they try the search for lots of posts with more detail.

Datsun Social Network? well wayno says we should get rid of General Discussion and go pure Datsun Tech and cut out all the bullshit 'say nothing' posts. We do have a social flavor though. Coming here for answers to questions is not being social, its more like going to the library. You can do both but most join for info first.

Speaking of the library.... when you go there you search for your own books generally. A librarian may show you where/how to look but you don't expect them to read it to you.

• Like 1

Sorry wayno, not in those words no, you didn't say that.  I'll quote you next time, but...

I have come to the conclusion that this place would be better off without that section, anymore.

But your meaning it's clear from the above quote... that you think that by not having General Discussion, Ratsun would be better off. The meaning is clearly the same is it not?

Fine, you can twist it to whatever you feel like, I have made it clear what I said.

Now I will tell you what I really think about the search function and newbies, so the new kid in school has to learn the rules, so instead of writing it in the rules to make it clear what a good little student is, if he yawns he gets a slap on the back of the head, don't yawn no more and pay attention, if he doodles on a piece of paper while in class, he gets his hands slapped, don't doodle no more and pay attention, I am sure that kid wants to be there, teaching kids through negativity.

Here now instead of being a helpful member to the newbies and answer their question/post a link, and then suggest if they searched this word/sentence they would have come up with the same result that I just did, we shall slap them with negative vibes, in essence negative rep, it's the same freaking thing, the result is the same, NEGATIVE, so this is the new way to pass out negative rep on Ratsun.

It's one thing to do this crap to someone new, but if they are not a newbie anymore and they are still asking questions that are easily found, well that is different, to me this whole matter is a no brainer, just don't be negative, and I am not talking to newbies here.

Sorry wayno, not in those words no, you didn't say that.  I'll quote you next time, but...

But your meaning it's clear from the above quote... that you think that by not having General Discussion, Ratsun would be better off. The meaning is clearly the same is it not?

• Like 1

There are forums where the mods are carefully kept secret.  Might be the way to go here, since there seems to be some animosity towards particular mod(s).  Someone is always going to get bent over moderation, no matter who the mods are, because nobody gets along with everybody all of the time.

• Like 1

Excuse me sir but to qualify to be an enthusiastic forum it has to be taken to the racetrack.

Most of my goon rear window is ratsun sticker. I took it around a race track while flipping off people and screaming "Ratsun, bitches!" at every opportunity.

I'd say that qualifies. I just wish they'd have put the video on the youth tubes so I could post it.

IMG_20140426_142524_zps70cf79b0.jpg

• Like 4

Fine, you can twist it to whatever you feel like, I have made it clear what I said.

I'm twisting nothing wayno. We both are saying in essence the same thing if not in the same words.

Now I will tell you what I really think about the search function and newbies, so the new kid in school has to learn the rules, so instead of writing it in the rules to make it clear what a good little student is, if he yawns he gets a slap on the back of the head, don't yawn no more and pay attention, if he doodles on a piece of paper while in class, he gets his hands slapped, don't doodle no more and pay attention, I am sure that kid wants to be there, teaching kids through negativity.

Here now instead of being a helpful member to the newbies and answer their question/post a link, and then suggest if they searched this word/sentence they would have come up with the same result that I just did, we shall slap them with negative vibes, in essence negative rep, it's the same freaking thing, the result is the same, NEGATIVE, so this is the new way to pass out negative rep on Ratsun.

It's one thing to do this crap to someone new, but if they are not a newbie anymore and they are still asking questions that are easily found, well that is different, to me this whole matter is a no brainer, just don't be negative, and I am not talking to newbies here.

Well I think I feel the same way on this, wayno. Suggesting the search function should not be done in any manner that appears belittling.

Well perhaps you could post an example reply to a noob or other that supports this? As the last while, (roughly since we installed the new spam filter in April) as I said, all noobs first posts are mod reviewed, and if it is a question I usually answer it or post a link. One in ten or more? times I suggest the search function for a more through in depth answer. This avoids anyone else chiming in. Now if you find one of these posts, then it slipped past me because I didn't check every post. This is what the report button is for and I haven't gotten one about this. I have one p/m from you since April about me pointing out that the search is faster than asking, and you calling this an attack.

So next time you see this wayno, push the report button and post a link to the offending post with a quick description and I will definitely take a look. 

• Like 2

There are forums where the mods are carefully kept secret.  Might be the way to go here, since there seems to be some animosity towards particular mod(s).  Someone is always going to get bent over moderation, no matter who the mods are, because nobody gets along with everybody all of the time.

You could not hide the staff & mods on Ratsun now their personalities stick out like a dick caught in a zipper!

• Like 2

I'm twisting nothing wayno. We both are saying in essence the same thing if not in the same words.

Well I think I feel the same way on this, wayno. Suggesting the search function should not be done in any manner that appears belittling.

Well perhaps you could post an example reply to a noob or other that supports this? As the last while, (roughly since we installed the new spam filter in April) as I said, all noobs first posts are mod reviewed, and if it is a question I usually answer it or post a link. One in ten or more? times I suggest the search function for a more through in depth answer. This avoids anyone else chiming in. Now if you find one of these posts, then it slipped past me because I didn't check every post. This is what the report button is for and I haven't gotten one about this. I have one p/m from you since April about me pointing out that the search is faster than asking, and you calling this an attack.

So next time you see this wayno, push the report button and post a link to the offending post with a quick description and I will definitely take a look. 

Thank you Datsun Mike!  I notice a distinct decrease in Indian  [East Indian to use the Brit vernacular]  Love Potions!

• Like 1

Most of my goon rear window is ratsun sticker. I took it around a race track while flipping off people and screaming "Ratsun, bitches!" at every opportunity.

I'd say that qualifies. I just wish they'd have put the video on the youth tubes so I could post it.

IMG_20140426_142524_zps70cf79b0.jpg

......I'll allow it.....

• Like 1

......I'll allow it.....

no, tan interior cancels out race track. Read your rule book.

Tell you what seems odd to me, going to a place you don't really like or have issues with, I mean, aside from work but that's another topic. I read that there are datsun sites where no one jokes around with each other and it's all just straight up tech. That's cool, if that's your thing, I know nothing of these sites, because for me personally, that sounds fucking awful, so....I don't go there, because I don't care much for things I find awful, problem solved. Perhaps my approach to things is just simple minded, but I'm okay with that. I honestly don't know the answer to this, but doesn't ratsun have the largest amount of members of any other datsun site by quite a shot? Seems to me (again, simplistic thinking) that would be a pretty good barometer of what does or does not need to be fixed.

• Like 4

Been on this site for about 7 years (I could be right or wrong about that) and really don't think there is anything wrong with it.  Are there components I don't like? Sure there are.

There have been changes since I joined that I have liked and disliked. But, in the end, it is like a radio/TV station in that if I don't care for something (content wise), I pass by it.

And last but not least.......it is a FREE site.

• Like 4