2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I go campaigning for the cause, I will need to know where the proceeds are going. ;0)

Ok , so just spoke with Datsuns Northwest ,( Dave ) And he informed me that their club is licensed as a non profit . And as a club they have donated to many notable charities over the years . 

They are currently considering a worthy charitable group to give the money to . He also reassured me that all who donate can receive paperwork showing their donation is being made to a non profit organization .

If you need further info or contact info pm me and i will supply the required info .

• Like 5

It's all in the FIRST post.

IMAG3727_1_zpsxsu6zjqf.jpg

“DATSUN DRIVING CANBY FUN”

In celebration Datsuns Northwest is going to give away a 1970 Datsun 521 truck.

The truck is a 1970 Datsun 521, 1600, 4 speed truck.

The truck is being donated to Datsuns Northwest by Denmarkboy & Datslocos Datsun Club of California.

This is how it’s going work , we are going to do a vote on 2 ways the truck can be built, and which ever has the popular vote will determine the build. The voting will end on midnight December 31, 2014.

BUILD OPTIONS

1st choice is a stock 521 , 1600 4 speed, pretty close to factory type build.
2nd choice is a lowered 521 1600, 5 speed on Chevy rallies, canopy, more of rat rod look.

If you have Ideas or donations for the builds contact Denmarkboy , Datslocos or Datsuns NW.

VOTE FOR THE TRUCK YOU WANT TO WIN!!!

TICKET INFO : LIMIT OF 200 TICKETS PER PERSON

ALL PROCEEDS FROM THE RAFFLE WILL BE GOING TO CHARITY CHOOSEN BY : Datsuns Northwest

The trucks donated for these 2 build options are in Oregon with Denmarkboy, and will require donated time and parts in order to be completed. Anyone wanting to donate time or parts should contact Denmarkboy on www.ratsun.net anytime.

Please keep in mind we are keeping the builds simple to keep cost down. Each truck will pose its own challenges and costs. Adding complex engine mods and other options could lead to unpredictable costs. Keeping it simple will keep cost and build time to a reasonable amount.

The finished truck will be raffled off at the 2015 10th annual “DATSUN DRIVING CANBY FUN” event on Sunday at the awards presentation. Raffle tickets will be sold at the event only and will be $5.00 each, must be present to win. The winner will receive a legal drivable 521 truck.

Make sure you check with your Insurance Company for proper procedure's to be insured if you win this truck.

Please support the People of Datslocos and Datsuns NW!

And a special thanks to Denmarkboy!!!

PAYPAL DONATIONS CAN BE MADE @ :

Tbowtie@comcast.net

______________________________________________________________________________________

FOR CURRENT LIST OF DONATION : PAGE 31

• Like 1

Are these a limited edition item? Do you plan to make more of these later, or is this a one time deal?

They are still awesome :P

These were the only other ones I've seen so far:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/20840-ratsun-shifter-knob-see-first-page-for-ordering-info/

Bought a clear/blue one but no idea what size threads. That's the only thing holding me back now :(

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/42849-ratsun-badge-shift-knobs-sold-out-thank-you/

• Like 1

Haha, my vote tipped the scales to stock. If, however, it ends up being a lowered win, I volunteer to swap my lowering shit on my 521 onto that one, in exchange for getting mine back to stock ride height.(I'm

more of a driver than a cruiser)

• Like 2

DONATED  CANBY TRUCK PARTS :    DONATED BY :                                                 

FRONT BRAKES & KING PIN REBUILD................................................................mklotz70

SEATS & DOOR CARDS    ..........................................................................ratdat3

PARTS TRANSPORT & LABOR .................................................................. hobospyder

TRANSPORTATION ................................................................................... eagle_adam
DASH BOARD ..................................................................... ...................... uberkevin
IGNITION SYSTEM & SWITCHES  ............................................................... charlie69
TRANSPORTATION .................................................................................... fastdadd
FRONT TURN LENSES ....................................................................................... skyblue

POWDER COATING ......................................................................................... jrock4224

HOOD AND LABOR ..................................................................................... jester
KNOBS & SHIFTER ..................................................................................... mattndew76
521 TRUCK ................................................................................................. datslocos & denmarkboy
INFORMATION AND SUPPORT .................................................................... ratsun
EVENT & RAFFLE ........................................................................................ datsuns northwest
PAYPAL & TOWING ...................................................................................... bowtie towing aka "Evil Santa"
BUILD BOARD & GRAPHICS ......................................................................... the graphics shop
STREERING WHEEL & WING WINDOWS & HUBS........................................... wayno  

RATSUN GRILL BADGE & RATSUN SHIFT KNOB ........................................... Dime Dave 

CRAZY ROAD TRIP TO DONATE LABOR ........................................................Busta Nut

LABOR & ROAD TRIP ....................................................................................Farmer

CRAZY ROAD TRIP & LABOR ........................................................................ Eastbay521 & copilot

LABOR / LUNCH / LIQUIDS & REAR BRAKES................................................... Draker

HUB CAP ...................................................................................................... 67_1600

ENGINE  REBUILD ......................................................................................... Datsun life

REAR BRAKES  .............................................................................................. ]2eDeYe

FUNDRAISING DONATION .............................................................................. Kirden

PAINTER ........................................................................................................scooter stuff 

PAYPAL DONATIONS CAN BE MADE : Tbowtie@comcast.net

please make donations as a gift , to avoid 8% fee per transaction.

PAYPAL DONATIONS :   

]2eDeYe   a6m-zero  Justin Berni    hobosyder   Charlie69  Gradyfest

zed 1     Lime D. Zeze

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU DONATING PARTS AND LABOR .
       87acd5a1-0505-4d71-a241-5bcdeb938755_zps                                                 1d791ab1-3748-43bd-97f2-c07f109ed680_zps
                                                                          header-image3_zpsxw6uiqjj.jpg
     674f4a1e-2d87-4617-81ea-5657144c2d80_zps                                                                  90b3f0fb-7cb3-4e14-bf87-df29436a0d9a_zps

40c7a9ca-81d8-44ba-ad9d-f9c72acf06c8_zps                        d3868d73-2225-4f98-b3e4-78ee29a0f58e_zps

1f652a55-984d-4366-9332-ef29def30cf7_zps                           2d81198a-0c7e-473e-8f0a-2478503cd800_zpssnapback.png 

ffa48b98-84b5-473c-81ca-598527282b62_zps

1397610931_zpsfrrq03zl.pnghttp://www.bluehandsinc.com          http://eugenegraphicsshop.com           http://www.youtube.c.../bluehandsvideo.

http://datsunsnw.org              http://www.md-machinist.com        http://www.futofab.com/                       

https://www.facebook...939484376066394

PARTS STILL NEEDED FOR THE BUILD

14 inch white wall tires                                                                              paint 

labor                                                                                                        
transportation                                                                                            carpet

fuse block                                                                                                  labor 
                                                                                                                rubber kit 

• Like 1

Shift Knob Update.

The white and amber knobs have been claimed,

Thanks go out to Kirden for his $100 donation to the project.

We have two (2) Black remaining.

Can't say I'm not jealous.. I was eyeing that white one but it would just go to storage.  

• Like 1

Ok,

We can offer our super awesome paint booth/bake oven and my labor to spray the truck. We have the booth for one day.

Wonderful news ,

If you can send me a picture of a business card from your work i will post it in the build poster . I will also add a link to there website if they have one . 

I can arrange transportation for the ready to paint truck when we get that far along .  It should be ready by the first part of next month 

Very cool of you to make this part of the build happen !  Thanks scooter 

• Like 2

Just wondering, cause I have forgotten since it was originally posted, the raffle will be held at Canby on the last day right? Just trying to plan the trip appropriately and not sure I can make it on the first day.

Edit: Not that I ever win shit, but seeing all of the work that is going into the build would be amazing

• Like 1

Wonderful news ,

If you can send me a picture of a business card from your work i will post it in the build poster . I will also add a link to there website if they have one .

My boss would prefer to ramain anonymous. You can put it under my name if you like.

Here is our websiteif you want to check out the facility- Metalworksclassics.com

• Like 5