2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not use sulphuric (battery) acid for rust removal.  It leaves a residue that accelerated more rusting.  Ever wonder why the battery box is one of the most rusted out areas of old cars?

If it gets into any cracks, joints between two pieces of metal, or porous welds, it is there for ever, rusting the metal.

I have used batt acid 4 20+years. Just gotta use baking soda solution to bring ph back to 7.....then seal pores of metal with paint/oil etc. I like to use ospho(phosphoric acid) after stripping the rust with sulphuric acid....then oil based 'rusty metal' primer. Have had success on projects done many years ago with zero rust 're-growth".

• Like 1

Mike yes that was Arizona rust.  I used 400 pounds of silica sand.  The rust you deal with up there is much worse than here.  DanielC is correct in the fact that it could take a long time to blast that frame.  I was giving an example of my experience on my frame.  The hardest part on mine was around the front suspension where there was globs of old dried, hardened grease.

I can have my bare frame blasted and powdered coated here for $350.

You all are doing a great job on the Canby truck

• Like 2

DONATED  CANBY TRUCK PARTS :    DONATED BY :                                                 

FRONT BRAKES & KING PIN REBUILD........................................mklotz70

SEATS & DOOR CARDS    .......................................................ratdat3

PARTS TRANSPORT & LABOR ................................................................. hobospyder
TRANSPORTATION ................................................................................... eagle_adam
DASH BOARD ..................................................................... ....................... uberkevin
IGNITION SYSTEM & SWITCHES  ............................................................. charlie69
TRANSPORTATION .................................................................................... fastdadd
FRONT TURN LENSES .............................................................................. skyblue

POWDER COATING .................................................................................... jrock4224

HOOD AND LABOR ..................................................................................... jester
KNOBS & SHIFTER ..................................................................................... mattndew76
521 TRUCK .................................................................................................. datslocos & denmarkboy
INFORMATION AND SUPPORT .................................................................. ratsun
EVENT & RAFFLE ........................................................................................ datsuns northwest
PAYPAL & TOWING ...................................................................................... bowtie towing aka "Evil Santa"
BUILD BOARD & GRAPHICS ........................................................................ the graphics shop
STREERING WHEEL & WING WINDOWS & HUBS...................................... wayno  

RATSUN GRILL BADGE & RATSUN SHIFT KNOB ...................................... Dime Dave 

CRAZY ROAD TRIP TO DONATE LABOR .....................................................Busta Nut

LABOR & ROAD TRIP .....................................................................................Farmer

CRAZY ROAD TRIP & LABOR ....................................................................... Eastbay521 & copilot

LABOR / LUNCH / LIQUIDS ........................................................................... Draker

HUB CAP ........................................................................................................ 67_1600

ENGINE  REBUILD ......................................................................................... Datsun life

PAYPAL DONATIONS CAN BE MADE : Tbowtie@comcast.net

please make donations as a gift , to avoid 8% fee per transaction.

PAYPAL DONATIONS :   

]2eDeYe   a6m-zero  Justin Berni    hobosyder   Charlie69  Gradyfest

zed 1     Lime D. Zeze 

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU DONATING PARTS AND LABOR .
       87acd5a1-0505-4d71-a241-5bcdeb938755_zps                                                 1d791ab1-3748-43bd-97f2-c07f109ed680_zps
                                                                          header-image3_zpsxw6uiqjj.jpg
     674f4a1e-2d87-4617-81ea-5657144c2d80_zps                                                                  90b3f0fb-7cb3-4e14-bf87-df29436a0d9a_zps

40c7a9ca-81d8-44ba-ad9d-f9c72acf06c8_zps                        d3868d73-2225-4f98-b3e4-78ee29a0f58e_zps

1f652a55-984d-4366-9332-ef29def30cf7_zps                           2d81198a-0c7e-473e-8f0a-2478503cd800_zps

denmarkboy, on 29 Nov 2014 - 08:32 AM, said:snapback.png

ffa48b98-84b5-473c-81ca-598527282b62_zps

1397610931_zpsfrrq03zl.pnghttp://www.bluehandsinc.com          http://eugenegraphicsshop.com           http://www.youtube.c.../bluehandsvideo.

http://datsunsnw.org              http://www.md-machinist.com        http://www.futofab.com/                       

https://www.facebook...939484376066394

PARTS STILL NEEDED FOR THE BUILD

14 inch white wall tires                                                                              paint 

labor                                                                                                        
transportation                                                                                            carpet

fuse block                                                                                                  labor 
                                                                                                                rubber kit 

• Like 2

if I can make it, but might have to reschedule my wedding to do so

You can get married any day of the year.  The Canby date was most likely determined before your wedding was scheduled.  This is also a good way to tell if your marriage will be a happy one!  LOL

• Like 3

Picked up the 'dogleg' for ye old rabbit pen. Want to get clean b-4 I drop off in Denmarks' driveway......clean it on Sunday when I am cleaning up the GOOD Z24 I picked up tonight for 'Brownie #3'. Should have the tires dismounted by mid-week so they can-b installed on the NICE wheels done by jrock(?). Still a lot 2 do....sure Denmarkboy could use some more laborers 2 get it done in time. Glad to be a part of a 'grassroots' good cause....lets do a 720 next year??

• Like 1

if I can make it, but might have to reschedule my wedding to do so

If your wife 2 B isn't a car nut I'd find a different one or stay single. You can always fix a wrecked car but you can't fix a wrecked marriage.

It would B NEAT if you had the wedding @ the Canby gig......lots of beautiful places within 4-5 hours for the honeymoon(coast-high desert-cascade mtns-Crater Lake).

If she likes the idea...she is a KEEPER!

• Like 5

What's next for this thing? When do we make it pretty?

the very next step is tearing down the rear brakes , brake lines , wiring , frame stripped and painted . then reassembly will start 

While i was in Washington this weekend I was able to pick up the dash and wheels from Jon . Thanks to Jon and CT Specialties for powder coating the rims and dash .

IMAG4379_zpsibqlaezn.jpg

I also came home to this box waiting to be opened.  thanks again to 16_1600 for the great cap .

IMAG4378_zpsjc9w2i5u.jpg

• Like 9