Sacramento plans to pay gang members $1.5M to keep the peace

Following a fatal shooting last weekend in a city park, the Sacramento city council unanimously approved a controversial program called Advance Peace in an effort to address a recent spike in violence.

The program offers gang members cash stipends for graduating from school and generally staying out of trouble.

Sacramento Mayor Darrell Steinberg requested that the vote be moved up in response to the park shooting, which left one person dead and four injured, Fox 40 reported. The vote was supposed to take place in two weeks.

"Let's get going on doing everything we can to save innocent lives," Steinberg told Fox 40.

The $1.5 million in cash stipends to gang members will come from the city’s general fund. A similar program is being used in Richmond, Calif., and Stockton is considering it.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/01/sacramento-plans-to-pay-gang-members-1-5m-to-keep-peace.html

This is a bad idea,i would equate this to negotiating with terrorists.What makes these people think the gang members will get a little taste of the money and not want even more to keep "keeping the peace" ?

• Like 2
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a bad idea,i would equate this to negotiating with terrorists.What makes these people think the gang members will get a little taste of the money and not want even more to keep "keeping the peace" ?

...john510, I actually agree with you. What the fuck are they thinking?
  • Like 1

Sacramento plans to pay gang members $1.5M to keep the peace

Following a fatal shooting last weekend in a city park, the Sacramento city council unanimously approved a controversial program called Advance Peace in an effort to address a recent spike in violence.

The program offers gang members cash stipends for graduating from school and generally staying out of trouble.

Sacramento Mayor Darrell Steinberg requested that the vote be moved up in response to the park shooting, which left one person dead and four injured, Fox 40 reported. The vote was supposed to take place in two weeks.

"Let's get going on doing everything we can to save innocent lives," Steinberg told Fox 40.

The $1.5 million in cash stipends to gang members will come from the city’s general fund. A similar program is being used in Richmond, Calif., and Stockton is considering it.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/01/sacramento-plans-to-pay-gang-members-1-5m-to-keep-peace.html

Lets see. Gang members who cause loss of money, property damage, contribute nothing to society, should be encouraged to kill each other.

• Like 3

If you're feeling the effects in a positive way maybe he's not such an imbecile ?

Let me rephrase that, pretty much all Trump knows how to do is get money.

Any random member posting in this thread ( with one or two exceptions) seems to know more about US History than he does.

But he is changing, metamorphosing, being absorbed by the Borg (to make an analogy) that is the US Government.

Like Pelosi stated, he can still be a good leader...with the proper amount of control

His destructive energy can be harnessed to get things done instead of destroying them outright.

Unless there appears smoking gun evidence of egregious crimes against America, I don't think he is going anywhere.

Thankfully now there seems to be some adults in the room, what some foil heads call the "deep state" I call checks and balances..

Thank God Bannon (the alcoholic whom confused Americas supposed decline with his own impending alcoholic dissolution) and Gorka ( fake doctor, real nazi) are gone.

Next to go should be Stephen Miller (A jewish nazi in the finest tradition of Henry Kissinger) and Javanka (2 completely worthless individuals).

Let's see if his trickle down tax plan ( a complete f!@#$ing disaster in the making,will pass).

I don't think Trumpcheeto can be controlled. He's the alpha in the room that needs to control. People are hoping that he tones it down but hope is dead without action. Some say Gen. Kelly may be able to guide him but im not sure about that.

• Like 1

Wrong analogy, how many times did Trumpcheeto got deferred and not served during the Vietnam war?

I am talking about a set of traits. Same can be said for your Sport Heroes and the like. The asshole gene is a big factor in being aggressive. Maybe Obama needs testosterone shots. 

As for service, at least he didn't run. 

enhanced-buzz-wide-18723-1329673803-6.jp

• Like 1

Let me rephrase that, pretty much all Trump knows how to do is get money.

Any random member posting in this thread ( with one or two exceptions) seems to know more about US History than he does.

But he is changing, metamorphosing, being absorbed by the Borg (to make an analogy) that is the US Government.

Like Pelosi stated, he can still be a good leader...with the proper amount of control

His destructive energy can be harnessed to get things done instead of destroying them outright.

Unless there appears smoking gun evidence of egregious crimes against America, I don't think he is going anywhere.

Thankfully now there seems to be some adults in the room, what some foil heads call the "deep state" I call checks and balances..

Thank God Bannon (the alcoholic whom confused Americas supposed decline with his own impending alcoholic dissolution) and Gorka ( fake doctor, real nazi) are gone.

Next to go should be Stephen Miller (A jewish nazi in the finest tradition of Henry Kissinger) and Javanka (2 completely worthless individuals).

Let's see if his trickle down tax plan ( a complete f!@#$ing disaster in the making,will pass).

Wow not often I can agree.... well mostly agree with you. He's also left a lot of people holding the bag by 'restructuring his debt'. His book should be The art of walking away from debt.

I know more about US history than he does.

Proper control or self control?

liberals

As someone pointed out in the comments below the video,

'Could you imagine the backlash if you showed a female boss getting a mug of hot coffee smashed in her face by a male employee? Oh, but this is fine because violence against men to sell shoes is cool, right?"

Oh yea and this fits in with all of that other lists of demands being made by liberals.

• Like 1

Sacramento plans to pay gang members $1.5M to keep the peaceFollowing a fatal shooting last weekend in a city park, the Sacramento city council unanimously approved a controversial program called Advance Peace in an effort to address a recent spike in violence.The program offers gang members cash stipends for graduating from school and generally staying out of trouble.Sacramento Mayor Darrell Steinberg requested that the vote be moved up in response to the park shooting, which left one person dead and four injured, Fox 40 reported. The vote was supposed to take place in two weeks."Let's get going on doing everything we can to save innocent lives," Steinberg told Fox 40.The $1.5 million in cash stipends to gang members will come from the city’s general fund. A similar program is being used in Richmond, Calif., and Stockton is considering it.http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/01/sacramento-plans-to-pay-gang-members-1-5m-to-keep-peace.html

California, The Stupid State.

• Like 2

The Whitehouse plans to pay NK members $1.5trillion over the next ten years to keep the peace

Following a successful 10 mega-ton atomic test this weekend in a NK, the Whitehouse unanimously approved a controversial program called Advance Peace in an effort to address a recent spike in the threat level.

The program offers the NK's Kim Jong Il  cash stipends for generally staying out of trouble.

President Trump requested that the vote be moved up in response to the nuclear test Fox 40 reported. The vote was supposed to take place in two weeks.

"Let's get going on doing everything we can to save innocent lives," Trump told Fox 40.

The $1.5 trillion in cash stipends to 'that NK gang' will come from the US military budget. A similar program was used in Iran to free hostages and all are considering it.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/01/Washington-plans-to-pay-North Korea- trillions-to-keep-peace.html

Wow not often I can agree.... well mostly agree with you. He's also left a lot of people holding the bag by 'restructuring his debt'. His book should be The art of walking away from debt.

I know more about US history than he does.

Proper control or self control?

Definitely control by others...

https://santabarbara.craigslist.org/atq/d/vintage-pinwheel-quilt-83-73/6292143675.html

Vintage Pinwheel Quilt - 83" x 73"[/size] - $125[/size][/size]

01111_gByM2WPMGcs_1200x900.jpg[/size][/size]

I'm guessing it was made around...oh...1939  :rofl:[/size][/size] [/size]

Aleister Crowley & much of Europe's occult community initially supported the Nazis until they saw Hitler had the swastika flipped to the right and made dynamic rather than static by standing it on a point rather than letting it rest on a side. Once upon a time I knew what the difference it made was but that was a long time ago and the beer was cold tonight. Still, for Crowley to disavow you you had to be pretty fucking evil.

https://santabarbara.craigslist.org/atq/d/vintage-pinwheel-quilt-83-73/6292143675.html

Vintage Pinwheel Quilt - 83" x 73" - $125

01111_gByM2WPMGcs_1200x900.jpg

I'm guessing it was made around...oh...1939  :rofl: 

Well it looks like Ratsun is about the same as when I left.  Lots o' political bullshit.  And of course, those swazis are the correct way around, good luck in India and all that.  Nazis changed it to clockwise rotation.  Looks like I've used up my one post for the next 6 months.  You all can start flinging conspiracy theories there, I'm sure someone will!  Oh, almost forgot, fuck Trump even moreso than Toyota!

• Like 3

Well it looks like Ratsun is about the same as when I left. Lots o' political bullshit. And of course, those swazis are the correct way around, good luck in India and all that. Nazis changed it to clockwise rotation. Looks like I've used up my one post for the next 6 months. You all can start flinging conspiracy theories there, I'm sure someone will! Oh, almost forgot, fuck Trump even moreso than Toyota!

Blah blah blah. It was a joke. This thread can be locked and deleted for all I care. Waste of Datsun bandwidth...
  • Like 3