• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Sf used to be a mecca for Japanese concentration camps in ww2. With all things considered theyve been good sports.

I think it was Hitler and his people that did the concentration camps.Japan had to be good sports,they attacked us and refused to give up when they should have.

• Like 1

I think it was Hitler and his people that did the concentration camps.Japan had to be good sports,they attacked us and refused to give up when they should have.

That was a reference to the USA putting people of Japanese decent in camps. It was a dark time for the whole world. Like Mike said. Never forget, but don't use it to propagate hatred.

• Like 2

GettyImages-114224447.jpg

Remember, we punished them already. War's over

Of course the war is over, it took two bombs to make them cut it out! And even after the bombs where dropped, they still resisted!

Yes, we have peace and we are now allies, but, we have owned up to what we did and so have other nations, but Japan still wants to white wash it all. Not a very Honorable thing in my book. 

After all, they fought a clean and humane war.  :rofl:

Japanese-bayonet-practice-on-live-prison

• Like 1

War isn't clean or humane, it's about winning. Look up the fire bombing of Dresden. Victors get to wright history, that should be enough. No one wants to dredge up the war lest people look too closely at what both sides did. It's better left to history.

• Like 1

I respect the fact that the Japanese are always kind and polite to Americans even on their own soil. They have beat us at a fair game of business, technology, automobiles all without an army. i also respect the fact that Japanese generally probably want absolutely nothing to do with our fat asses when  we leave,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, they are being polite.

• Like 1

Not one of you has any reason to hate Japan, none. You weren't even borne. Old veterans can hate if they choose and those directly impacted by it but when they are all gone, the hate can go with them. Does anyone really give a serious fuck about the civil war? or WW1? anyone's feelings hurt by it??? It's history, it's in the past and can only be judged by events of the day back then. Same with WW 2. Veterans pass on the hate, it's just like racism, is racism. You aren't born with it you are taught it. When the last WW2 veteran is gone it's far past the time to move on. Remember the past, honor the past, study the past but don't hate because of it.

No, I don't hate Japan, but when our President bows as if he is in front of his Superior, then I have a problem. I can understand their customs and that is great, but, that is not my custom. 

Yeah, Dresden was horrible, and a British Retaliation for the bombing of London. We fought back after being sucker punched by a nation with a better than us attitude. They misjudged us and it cost them. 

War over, shake hands and live in peace. But never forget. 

• Like 2

No, I don't hate Japan, but when our President bows as if he is in front of his Superior, then I have a problem. I can understand their customs and that is great, but, that is not my custom. 

Yeah, Dresden was horrible, and a British Retaliation for the bombing of London. We fought back after being sucker punched by a nation with a better than us attitude. They misjudged us and it cost them. 

War over, shake hands and live in peace. But never forget. 

I grew up in San Diego surrounded by WW2 vets who returned from the Pacific. They would agree with your second paragraph, but whole heartedly disagree with the first. The Marshall plan literally reformed the world that brought Germany and Japan back from the darkness. That was accomplished with absolute respect for their customs and culture. That's what honorable power looks like IMO.

Aussie WWII "Diggers" aka vets had a severe hatred for "Japs" as they called them.

But then again the Thai/Burma Railway experience was pretty hardcores as was Changi Prison,not that POW's in German camps had it like you see in Hogans Heroes exactly.

One Aussie solider who'd fought in the European theatre and then when VE happened was sent to Pacific to finish the war off,said of the difference in fighting the Japanese to the Germans was "Fighting the Germans was like fighting Gentlemen compared to the Japanese."

There's atrocities on all sides when war is happening though so. . . 

• Like 2

I grew up in San Diego surrounded by WW2 vets who returned from the Pacific. They would agree with your second paragraph, but whole heartedly disagree with the first. The Marshall plan literally reformed the world that brought Germany and Japan back from the darkness. That was accomplished with absolute respect for their customs and culture. That's what honorable power looks like IMO.

Well, I grew up in San Diego, and I am still here, and I don't remember a single vet who said it was ok to bow to them. They understood that peace was attained and some made peace with them and with  themselves, but, they never forgot. 

So please, if you do not agree with my point of view, say so, don't involve men who can not answer for themselves here. 

Personally, I would love to go to Japan someday, just like I would live to go to Europe and see where it all happened. I like History, and Sushi, and bratwurst with beer and spaghetti and........

• Like 3

I mean no disrespect to the Vets you've met Jesse, and I don't presume to speak for them. My father worked as a resistance welder at General Dynamics (near the airport) and I got to hang out with a bunch of old Vets camping as a child. Although we didn't discuss bowing, I never once heard any of them talk shit about Japan. Just a lot of pride for having beaten them. That may have been because they didn't want to be vulgar in front of a kid, I don't know. My great uncle who also served in the Pacific theater taught me about post WW2 history. He had nothing but gratitude for what the Marshal plan accomplished threw respect. 

None taken, I just remember what I heard back then and what I have heard recently. Most vets have made peace with it all and with their passing, which sadly is happening way to fast these days, the last of the bad feelings between us and Japan will fade. 

And Mike is right, it is not my war. I just don't like people forgetting history and what our country and others went through.

So with that I raise my beer and say Kampai! 

• Like 4

Don't mistake respect for groveling. Is not respect a custom?

so is anyone buying Pink Floyd tickets live in San Diego?

holy shit, we should all pitch in for john510 and ztrain (wherever hes been)

:rofl:

anyway

the Wall Live performing on the Wall

box seats on the Mexican side I guess?

• Like 1

I'm glad the trumpet is shooting down Obama's "transgender federal guidelines", this is a states right issue, let stupid states like California rule to allow a 17 year old male to go into the same bathroom as 14 and 15 year old girls go just because he woke up feeling like a girl this morning, this is a predator's dream come true.

GPA. have you been sucking MIlo's "pussy" again? 

Go fuck yourself, Paradime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs

• Like 3