• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't get it. Our President showed respect for the Emperor of a nation he has respect for, as well as his elder. Bowing is how you greet him, especially in his country. To not bow, would be a sign of weakness. Humility is a virtue. To not bow shows insecurity.

There are degrees as to which Barry needed to keep keen attention too. Bowing to an equal degree (angle) at the same time as the japanese PM is a sign of respect. Also a display of equal to stature importance. Bowing below during the greeting shows a sign of being lesser and is not respected or is required when you carry less importance. Barry missed out on the finer detail of how he should have greeted the PM of japan. His aid or advisor should have been trashed over this. Never bow below.

Cultural awareness , but this never really bothered me. The apologies did. 

• Like 4

There are degrees as to which Barry needed to keep keen attention too. Bowing to an equal degree (angle) at the same time as the japanese PM is a sign of respect. Also a display of equal to stature importance. Bowing below during the greeting shows a sign of being lesser and is not respected or is required when you carry less importance. Barry missed out on the finer detail of how he should have greeted the PM of japan. His aid or advisor should have been trashed over this. Never bow below.

That wasn't the PM, though. That was the emperor. He's not elected, has no power to effect government policy, and is the spiritual leader of the Shinto religion as far as I understand. I'm not an expert though. I can be proven wrong with one informed post.

• Like 2

Whoever runs Isreal can kiss my fat ass. I wish we we cut them off along with the Saudis.

So you prefer the short game? These are strategic alliances and although are not the best at times, kinda carry huge importance to foreign influence Not to mention keeping the regions from totally imploding.  

• Like 1

That wasn't the PM, though. That was the emperor. He's not elected, has no power to effect government policy, and is the spiritual leader of the Shinto religion as far as I understand. I'm not an expert though. I can be proven wrong with one informed post.

Even if he was a figurehead of religion you still do not bow below him unless you actually view yourself as less than he is.

• Like 3

You are correct on a lot of this. But Barry grew up in Hawai'i. He knows etiquette of bowing. He must have intentionally bowed below. BUT, not the PM as you stated, the Emperor. In eastern culture, any elected politician would bow below a Monarch. A humble show of cultural respect was my take. And as was pointed out, perhaps I'm not being sensitive to Vets. Though my Grandfather was at Pearl Harbor dodging bombs. And my fathers house (where I grew up), looked down on the harbor while it happened. We were very effected by the attack, and I lived through a childhood of stories of that day. None of those vets hated the Japanese. The silver lining was that it kept my dad from the Military.

• Like 3

So you prefer the short game? These are strategic alliances and although are not the best at times, kinda carry huge importance to foreign influence Not to mention keeping the regions from totally imploding.  

thats what Hillary was saying

not to over simplify the matter, but part of the reason Syria looks the way it does is the good old ties to Isreal.

Even after they spy on us, influence our media, buy our ammo and fund our elections and support our enemies, we always side with their big families that run the show..

Isreal is pretter far from a democracy and the expansionists ideas of AIPAC and the old/new world order bullshit, just fucking sick of it.

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/23/516845174/voters-trust-the-media-more-than-trump-maybe

"But the president and media are now widely considered rivals — and it's a heavily partisan rivalry (the GOP trusts Trump more, Democrats trust the news media more) — meaning pollsters are now pitting one against the other. It provides a handy scoreboard as to who is "winning," but both are still in the gutter."

This is why I love NPR.

Also why I really do listen to Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity.

Please guide me to the middle ground then.

Avoid news agency that comes at each story from multiple angles.

Avoid talking heads that help me understand catch phrases like "snowflake."

Go where?

Go where?

There is no middle ground, that's why you can't take them all for their word, ultimately YOU are the middle ground IF that's your true stance.

Go where?

actually all of them even the out there crazies like Thom Heartmann,.....the reason why,..it is always good to know what all the sides are talking about. can't go wrong with being informed.

Well, when their Government does finally apologize and acknowledge what they did, which they never really have, then I will bow. 

And it is not about big dick bravado, it is about what they did. They under estimated us and we handed them their ass, and that, they must never forget. 

Stop trying to wash everyone with the same water, right?

And yes, Datsun 

true story: got a "Made in Japan" in kanji with the meatball and white license plate on the front of my Datsun. I turned a corner on the way home one afternoon and this tiny, dried up elderly couple sitting at the intersection in a mid-90s champagne brown Grand Marquis were shooting me daggers and pointing at my license plate.

"What the fuck is their deal!?! ohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!" the old man was wearing a hat that read "China/Burma Veteran".

Not one of you has any reason to hate Japan, none. You weren't even borne. Old veterans can hate if they choose and those directly impacted by it but when they are all gone, the hate can go with them. Does anyone really give a serious fuck about the civil war? or WW1? anyone's feelings hurt by it??? It's history, it's in the past and can only be judged by events of the day back then. Same with WW 2. Veterans pass on the hate, it's just like racism, is racism. You aren't born with it you are taught it. When the last WW2 veteran is gone it's far past the time to move on. Remember the past, honor the past, study the past but don't hate because of it.

• Like 3