if I say something on online about the "no grocery tax"  in Oakland being a total croch of shit, I'l probably get some wierd PM or ex freind in law saying

" WTF dude, you wanna see these poor Oakland grocery stores go outta business you nazi fuck  " 

Nobody reads anymore, they just google it and believe it.

Who else can pay for the million fucking ads I see everyday with diverse people going on about the " grocery tax " . They must be actors? or idiots.

nice one Pepsi, I seriously think they are gonna fall for it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Tax the fuck out of sugar! Tax it till people drink water. Farming the sugar is subsedized soooo. And healthcare is subsidized sooo. Tax it to help cover that shit. Like oil. Tax shit we want to eliminate! Fuck em.

Tax cigarettes more and more until it finally goes away. You know it amazes me that some lunatic blows up a federal building killing all those kids but no one drove a truck bomb up to the Phillip Morris company headquarters offices and fucked them up. How many people in the world have they killed by way of this gruesome death Is there any one who doesn't know at least several people who are family or friends that haven't died from lung cancer? I'll bet he would have gotten minimal time and be a folk hero now.

Do you guys realize these taxes dont go to anything but Government waste ? Why allow more wasteful spending ? You want to start paying taxes for the air you breath,bottled water maybe ? thats where this shit will end up.I put solar panels on my house because were supposed to be trying to reduce our carbon footprint ( i did it to save money) i now have to pay some sort of tax annually for the privilege of using the sun.Maybe somebody should suggest taxing the internet,big bucks to be made there.

• Like 1

Im not sure,my electricity provider billed me for some "tax" so i could produce power and send it into the grid.I think it was 18 bucks or so.For 18 bucks i cant really argue.

Hawaii has a $24 minimum charge. That's not a tax though. That's a minimum service charge for providing power. They receive, and deliver kWh and that service comes with a fee for maintaining power lines/distribution. Waaaay cheaper than getting batteries, so you are right about can't complain at $18.

When people say shit like " oh I'm sick of paying taxes for freeloaders, and we need less government in our lives" just assume somewhere down the line you've been brainwashed by Ronald Reagan. So now we have extreme levels of government corruption and depleated social services which cost you much more than a tax on whatever. We need taxes and we need government. Not regulating government is where we get screwed.

Yep..if no accountability then there's waste and corruption. Do you guys remember the "bridge to no where" or  look at what happened with Wells Fargo recently.  Employees creating fake accounts (Credit Crads, checking accounts, etc) so that they can reach their goals, which are unattainable in the first place, then WF had to fire over 5,300 employees because they got caught doing something illegal and unethical but they were pressured to do so. In the meantime, Wells Fargo's stock shot up to $200 million dollars, while they continued with the shaninagians and executives are still working there reaping the rewards.  Then whistleblowers got fired for some stupid things that they probably made up.  Where's justice?

Driving to work today I saw a 4' x 8' Trump Pence sign on the side of the road... but last night someone spray painted over it and it said it read "TURD SANDWICH"

It was a good laugh.

Now you have to find the Hillary sign that says "giant douche" and make a meme out of it.

• Like 1

When people say shit like " oh I'm sick of paying taxes for freeloaders, and we need less government in our lives" just assume somewhere down the line you've been brainwashed by Ronald Reagan. So now we have extreme levels of government corruption and depleated social services which cost you much more than a tax on whatever. We need taxes and we need government. Not regulating government is where we get screwed.

You really are a safe distance from genius. Prior to 1913 we had NO taxes and we still had an Army,Police and Fire departments.
  • Like 2

You really are a safe distance from genius. Prior to 1913 we had NO taxes and we still had an Army,Police and Fire departments.

You're absolutely right Train, but the government waaAAaas funded through tariffs AKA taxes levied on foreign producers, who then just passed that cost onto the consumer. Also the government got over 40% of it's funding from sales tax on liquor alone. In fact, income tax came about from prohibitionists who used it to cover the loss of revenue from booze. So your point of calling RVD a "safe distance from genius" is a pile of shit that now sits in your lap.

Civil War was paid through income tax.

WW2 was funded that way as well. the cost had increased greatly by then though. when Americans got the bill at tax time they freaked. feds got smart and tamed that beast by inventing the payroll tax. no one misses a few bucks a week. when the feds figured this out it placated the folks enough that there's been no serious effort to do away with it since.

• Like 1

Yes, and it was explicitly temporary, ending in 1866...

The Revenue Act of 1861, formally cited as Act of August 5, 1861, Chap. XLV, 12 Stat. 292, included the first U.S. Federal income tax statute (see Sec.49). The Act, motivated by the need to fund the Civil War,[1] imposed an income tax to be "levied, collected, and paid, upon the annual income of every person residing in the United States, whether such income is derived from any kind of property, or from any profession, trade, employment, or vocation carried on in the United States or elsewhere, or from any other source whatever [ . . . .]"[2] The tax imposed was a flat tax, with a rate of 3% on incomes above $800.[3] The Revenue Act of 1861 was signed into law by Abraham Lincoln. This Act introduced Federal income tax as a flat rate tax.

The income tax provision (Sections 49, 50 and 51) was repealed by the Revenue Act of 1862. (See Sec.89, which replaced the flat rate with a progressive scale of 3% on annual incomes beyond $600 ($12,742 in 2009 dollars) and 5% on incomes above $10,000 ($212,369 in 2009 dollars) or those living outside the U.S., and perhaps more significantly it was explicitly temporary, specifying termination of income tax in "the year eighteen hundred and sixty-six").