• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

President Eisenhower was only partly correct when he stated, " We must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex."

He missed the other side of the triangle, the mass media- entertainment conglomerate.

This allows the first two to do what they will by gaining conscious and subconscious control over peoples minds via the flashing of repetitive images, feelings and accompanying sounds of television, movies and (relatively recently) computers, smartphones, and any other such device.

People whom appear as an image are less than nothing, they do not serve reality, they serve illusion, they are nothing more than whores, selling themselves for the chance to cash in on the immense psychic power that this modern day dreamtime provides.

A person who can manipulate these media can get access over peoples minds quite easily because most people do not even realize how subtly it has been done to them already.

Case in point, a few pages ago on this thread, a member stated "I really love Clint Eastwood" and I thought, " Wow did you tell him that when you had him over for dinner the other night?"

I'm sure he was not being that literal but people get starstruck and give themselves over to the image of a person that they have never met easier than you might think.

I worked in the movie business for 10 years and I do not get starstruck at all, most stars are cool, they realize it is a job and they should try to remain grounded (like Tom Hanks; great guy).

But now you don't even have to do anything to become a media star, the insatiable bitch goddess is hungry and needs souls and people seem to be increasingly mesmerized by everything they see on the visual media.

I try to not let myself get hypnotized by the emptiness of the screens before me and I am better off for it.

P.S.; None of this was plagiarized, it came from the confines of my head.

Where ever it came from I agree with it. ^ 

Oops!  Gary Johnson blew it when asked about Aleppo and he was clueless.

That pot is a motherfather.

This is interesting, there's a good chance this single Aleppo brain fart will make Johnson a sound bite foot note in the 2016 election cycle. As dhp points out the media is a powerful voodoo potion that can excuse the constant stream of cranial flatulence pouring out of Trump and Hillary's mouths. Much of the public is star struck by the image they represent, while overlooking the content of their character. Honestly, Trump has introduced a whole new standard of a blinding image totally over shadowing reality. It's created an insane double standard that he is simply not held to in the way other candidates have been. Even the Republican party is unable to break the spell he's cast.

DHP said:

People whom appear as an image are less than nothing, they do not serve reality, they serve illusion, they are nothing more than whores, selling themselves for the chance to cash in on the immense psychic power that this modern day dreamtime provides.

A person who can manipulate these media can get access over peoples minds quite easily because most people do not even realize how subtly it has been done to them already.

Case in point, a few pages ago on this thread, a member stated "I really love Clint Eastwood" and I thought, " Wow did you tell him that when you had him over for dinner the other night?"

End quote..

Hey idiot. It's called acting and if you are just now discovering this craft... Got news bud.. Theater has been around since the dawn of man.

you are an entertaining troll for sure.

• Like 1

Hey idiot, screen acting (as somewhat addressed in my post above) is a relatively recent development and is worlds removed (in technique and effect) from theatre acting which "has been around since the dawn of man".

Don't even think to condescendingly presume to dictate to me anything about the field of acting unless you know of what you opine.

I worked in the heart of the entertainment business for damn near a decade.

Before that I took tons of acting classes and at one point had a manager, commercial agent and theatrical agent.

I failed at becoming a professional actor mainly because I was too strung out but learned quite a few interesting things from my immersion in the craft.

Where is your expertise from?

Lotsa dinner theatre and high school drama club going on up there in your anonymous little burg of 1800?

Theres validity in that. Im not sure if they were already narcissistic before they came into office or if that kind of environment makes them me centric. Listen to the politicians talk, they make it seem like they have the answer to all of the issues we are facing today. In reality, nobody really knows.