image.jpeg.d95aa08399449c57301da0cf8bc76483.jpeg

Is this a pump action? The front part swings forward to pump it up? If so I bought one in the mid late '70s. In Canada an air rifle must not exceed 550 ft per second (or something like that) without a gun license, so over two pumps you could hear the air being let out. I jammed the air bleed valve. At 8 or 9 pumps it would shoot through 3/8" plywood. I remember it was a Crossman and though it was a .177 the end of the barrel for an inch or so was drilled out to .22 for the looks.  

• Like 2
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 10s and an 11 (by ascending age). Middle one I've had for a several years top Model 10 and the bottom Model 11 (1926) are recent purchases. Middle one is one of the first batch produced after civilian manufacturer started backup in 1919. Top one is pre-war from 1911. 

rem10and11.jpg

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 3
13 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Is this a pump action? The front part swings forward to pump it up?

13 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I remember it was a Crossman

Had a Crossman BB/Pellet gun just like this in the mid 70's as well

Edited by KELMO
EDIT: Should have read page 119 before posting but am lazy.
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, Dguy210 said:

2 10s and an 11 (by ascending age). Middle one I've had for a several years top Model 10 and the bottom Model 11 (1926) are recent purchases. Middle one is one of the first batch produced after civilian manufacturer started backup in 1919. Top one is pre-war from 1911. 

rem10and11.jpg

Cool Model 10s. I picked one up at an estate sale several years ago. Mine is dated to 1911 by the serial number. I'm impressed with the bottom load bottom eject. 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, datzenmike said:

image.jpeg.d95aa08399449c57301da0cf8bc76483.jpeg

Is this a pump action? The front part swings forward to pump it up? If so I bought one in the mid late '70s. In Canada an air rifle must not exceed 550 ft per second (or something like that) without a gun license, so over two pumps you could hear the air being let out. I jammed the air bleed valve. At 8 or 9 pumps it would shoot through 3/8" plywood. I remember it was a Crossman and though it was a .177 the end of the barrel for an inch or so was drilled out to .22 for the looks.  

"Pump Action" refers to a shotgun with a slide mechanism to eject spent cartridges and reload fresh ones stored under the barrel. You have a pump air rifle with very a bitchiin scope. Although it might impress the girls back in the day, overriding the safety features on your pellet gun is not the "safety first" Mike I know today. LOL

My first rifle was a 1971 Sheridan Blue Streak air pumper that fired .20 pellets.As a youngster, I did some jr. 10 yard competitions with it at our local NRA. With match grade pellets, it was so accurate, some of the senior guys would regularly put five pellets through the same hole with one. For a skinny 12 yr old kid, getting 8 pumps into that thing (without supervision) was a serious challenge, but with a 16 grain ammo it could get through both sides of a wood apple crate, so if I wanted to impress the girls, I had to man up. For leveling up my sex appeal, it was well worth the effort.

• Like 3

Impressive if only one zombie. Then all you can do is club them.

My very first pistol was a cap and ball Colt

Shoot as fast as lightning but she loads a mite slow

Loads a mite slow and I soon found out

It can get you into trouble but it can't get you out.

The devil's right hand
The devil's right hand
Mama said, "The pistol is the devil's right hand".................. apologies to Steve Earl.

My old Crossman sure wood have. It penetrates through 3/8 plywood, you wouldn't even have to aim for the eye. I asked an expert on zombies about how they keep going and going and never get tired. He said they are powered by evil and that never runs out.

• Haha 2

Theoretically a .177 Crossman could "penetrate" a zombie's skull when properly modified for evil power, BUT only if shot from a specific angle with a magic bullet. It's all documented in the Warren Commission Report under zombie apocalypse scenario. Any ballistics expert will tell you, this is basic knowledge covered in any federal firearm licensing exam to cary an air rifle. That includes postal workers BTW.

For the rest of us with $950, you can blow the fucker's head clean off without a license. Cuz Mrca zombie bitches!

Edited by paradime
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 11/15/2023 at 7:03 AM, datzenmike said:

image.jpeg.364b0deb59b0fc8e72331b97e5994f25.jpeg

Great book or movie. In part the hero is in a Japanese concentration camp and devises a way to farm caged rats for their meat and sells to the corrupt officers. 

Grreat movie

On 11/13/2023 at 6:55 PM, paradime said:

Sheridan Blue Streak

My first rifle as well, in 1975. Killed many sage grouse with that gun and yes, getting all 8 pumps (to ensure it was deadly) was difficult as a youth

• Like 1
On 1/14/2023 at 12:20 AM, Draker said:

Background checks in Oregon are taking about 2 months. I’ve got a bunch of stuff gathering dust at a gun shop. Oregon sucks. 

Move North. It's worse in Washington. Our legislation just C/Ps anything California puts in place. 

Idaho looking awfully good to me. 

• Like 2