Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• paradime

• Mattndew76

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

So who is the balding Bitch you guys keep referring to handling 5 Guys?

"The Tennessee cop fired for having sex with multiple officers while on duty told investigators she “cracked” while going through a difficult divorce — leading to affairs with randy male colleagues who would “stick their d— in anything.”

https://nypost.com/2023/01/30/ex-cop-maegan-hall-details-wild-sex-escapades-in-transcript/

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Ooph! said:

"The Tennessee cop fired for having sex with multiple officers while on duty told investigators she “cracked” while going through a difficult divorce — leading to affairs with randy male colleagues who would “stick their d— in anything.”

https://nypost.com/2023/01/30/ex-cop-maegan-hall-details-wild-sex-escapades-in-transcript/

The other 5 were just as guilty and fired too but she gets all the credit?

5 hours ago, john510 said:

Yea I know about up easings and over easings.The problem is they only work in a straight line.You would have to use custom shaped pieces to make transitions and stair parts builders don't stock such things for every configuration of stair.Occasionally we used a guy that made custom shapes for us but he died of old age and nobody around here does work like that anymore.

No doubt, the engineer didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. It's not easy or cheep, but by cutting on the radius, evenly mitering the joint angles, and stacking sections of store bought vertical ^ v and or horizontal < > curves, you can shape a smooth continuous railing around any curved transition. As a contractor, I fabricated many custom stair cases and curved wood railing systems. Including the spiral staircase I built for my house. In the grand scheme of things, I had a shit ton of tools and was too stupid to think I couldn't. In terms of skill, I've seen old-timers do things with a simple Japanese pull saw that absolutely cooked my brain. It's unthinkable what specialized skills were completely wiped out by the industrial revolution, and that virus continues to this day. My greatest disappointment is that neither of my kids have a fuck all bit of interest in building things. I wish I could have passed on what I learned so they weren't so damn dependent on shitty over marketed over priced products, and outright predatory repair shops. Today, ignorance = $. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, thisismatt said:

What? You don't hand carve custom wreathed transitions for all your handrails? Amateur hour! 😆

Fuck that.Occasionally we have to hand carve/shape something strange but not very often.And for some reason I always get chosen to do the weird stuff.

9 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

There's going to be a time in the not too distant future when custom staircase case work won't exist.The guy I work for pays well and we can't find any younger people willing to even learn the basics on a simple staircase.And yes we've made something similar to that curved rising bend but we're doing it with laminated rail,not a solid piece.

On the flip side, I have been an engineer for several large scale scenery builds for concerts, musical theatre ect... One time the truck with all the scenery shows up at the venue and it's CNC cut and painted foam panels with no rigging points. The idiot of a designer says: 'oh I didn't think of how to mount it' This was a 120 foot wide 40 foot high facade that needed to be completed in under 24 hours. I sent a production assistant to buy as many of the screw style drywall anchors and gorilla glue they could buy and had half the production crew dipping the anchors in glue, then in water (that what cures gorilla glue) and then screwing eye screws into the anchor bases so we could tie the facade to the truss structure. I feel like the myopia of overspecialization is the detriment to many projects/builds.  

• Like 1

Is it just me or when Liz Cheney states that we keep electing idiots, what does that say about her?

Look in the mirror much lady?

• Like 1
18 hours ago, datzenmike said:

The other 5 were just as guilty and fired too but she gets all the credit?

Well, she did handle the load.

Wink wink, nudge nudge.

22 hours ago, Logical1 said:

On the flip side, I have been an engineer for several large scale scenery builds for concerts, musical theatre ect... One time the truck with all the scenery shows up at the venue and it's CNC cut and painted foam panels with no rigging points. The idiot of a designer says: 'oh I didn't think of how to mount it' This was a 120 foot wide 40 foot high facade that needed to be completed in under 24 hours. I sent a production assistant to buy as many of the screw style drywall anchors and gorilla glue they could buy and had half the production crew dipping the anchors in glue, then in water (that what cures gorilla glue) and then screwing eye screws into the anchor bases so we could tie the facade to the truss structure. I feel like the myopia of overspecialization is the detriment to many projects/builds.  

Don't get me started on designers.Another group that knows all but really doesn't know shit.Except what colors and shapes look good together.

In other news here are some asylum seekers protesting and blocking city streets because the free room and board isn't good enough. Portland Maine is trying to find housing and ways to pay for it. Simple, bill the people with " There are no borders" bumper stickers and shove the folks in thier spare bedrooms. Rant over.

https://www.newscentermaine.com/article/news/local/portland/portland-expo-protest-asylum-seekers-immigrants-maine/97-f8d2902a-dae1-4711-90d6-7c1d44f413cc

• Like 3
1 hour ago, bottomwatcher said:

In other news here are some asylum seekers protesting and blocking city streets because the free room and board isn't good enough. Portland Maine is trying to find housing and ways to pay for it. Simple, bill the people with " There are no borders" bumper stickers and shove the folks in thier spare bedrooms. Rant over.

https://www.newscentermaine.com/article/news/local/portland/portland-expo-protest-asylum-seekers-immigrants-maine/97-f8d2902a-dae1-4711-90d6-7c1d44f413cc

Maybe it's time for them to move to Martha's Vineyard,

& live with the Obamas,or other Democrats.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

They need to riot, that's the new word for it. Old people use a different term for when others relocate to a place, take from those there and, ultimately, force them to leave-invasion.

On 6/27/2023 at 12:43 PM, Ooph! said:

There goes the liberal media dragging our boys in blue down again. Help a colleague through a difficult time and be thought the worse for it. Her fellow officers were being supportive during a difficult time and providing therapy. Policing is a stressful job, they shouldn't have fired her, they should of had her working extra shifts.

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, paradime said:

So what!!  Hunter was visiting Mommy & Daddy!!  The "family unit" is still strong in whatever species they are.................🤨

Some people have pretty much everything figured out from the get-go. I'm a bit slower, analytical, and study-oriented and lean on the largest library in the world (internet) daily. I'm very selective about and don't watch much contemporary TV and have had a 'Burr under my saddle-blanket' for a score of years regarding the subliminal and not-so-subliminal constant driving culturally woke themes built into shit-coms, TV-series, even documentaries, and especially commercials. I've listened to both my brothers bitch, whine, & do back-flips over this subject. I knew there was a think-tank type generated ideology driving and controlling this crap. Ran across a 'Turd-In-The-Punchbowl' in an article on one of my alt-news sites last week that I want to share here. 'Corporate Equality Index'. Explains a hell of a lot regarding the ideological bull-sh1t being pumped incessantly out thru the airwaves right into so many living rooms. Heavy-duty FCC complicity ?? Do a little search of your own if you're curious.

Corporate Equality Index.jpg

• Like 2