Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, paradime said:

We moved out of SF in 2004, about 12 mils East. We're in SF all the time and I've never seen that place as clean as it is now. Perfect no, but sure as hell not what's being described here. It's no longer the cool SF of my gen, but for the computer nerd hipsters living there now it's cooler than we'll ever know. 

For an old fart who can't stand liberals, I would imagine SF would be nothing but a shit hole.

If we're using homelessness as a rhetorical device to shame, it might help to view it through amore objective perspective.

According to US Department of Housing and Urban Development 

US cities with most homeless people, 2019 data

New York City (NY)
Los Angeles, City & County (CA)
Seattle with King County (WA)
San Jose & Santa Clara (CA)
San Diego, City & County (CA)
San Francisco (CA) 
Oakland & Berkeley (CA)
Santa Ana & Anaheim (CA)
Phoenix & Mesa (AZ)
Washington (DC)

Update: 2022 there were 7,754 homeless in San Francisco. 4,571 were living in shelters, and 3183 were living rough on the street. 

City (State)
Homeless people
per 100,000 residents*
Rise / Fallbetween
2014-2018
Eugene (OR)
-12.4%
Los Angeles (CA)
+37.4%
New York City (NY)
+16.9%
San Jose (CA)
-6.5%
Seattle (WA)
+23.0%
Anchorage (AK)
+6.6%
Las Vegas (NV)
-24.8%
San Francisco (CA)
+12.1%
Savannah (GA)
-26.9%
San Diego (CA)
-2.0%
Reno-Sparks (NV)
+45.3%
Vallejo (CA)
-16.2%
Amarillo (TX)
+44.6%
Tallahassee (FL)
+10.0%
Napa (CA)
+13.9%
Stockton (CA)
+0.3%
Spokane (WA)
+1.9%
Fresno (CA)
-20.0%
Colorado Springs (CO)
+18.2%
Visalia (CA)
+23.9%
Denver (CO)
-24.6%
Battle Creek (MI)
-16.7%
Topeka (KS)
-1.4%
St Joseph (MO)
+2.6%
Sacramento (CA)
+41.0%
Albuquerque (NM)
+5.6%
Boston (MA)
+0.5%
Springfield (IL)
+2.7%
Minneapolis / St Paul (MN)
+68.7%
Tulsa (OK)
+4.7%
Manchester (NH)
+2.8%
Columbus (OH)
+6.4%

2018 data

Note: Portland didn't even make the list, but they're liberal so.... Shit Hole!  

Checking in from shithole Eugene. Portland is worse though. 

• Like 4
16 hours ago, paradime said:

We moved out of SF in 2004, about 12 mils East. We're in SF all the time and I've never seen that place as clean as it is now. Perfect no, but sure as hell not what's being described here. It's no longer the cool SF of my gen, but for the computer nerd hipsters living there now it's cooler than we'll ever know. 

For an old fart who can't stand liberals, I would imagine SF would be nothing but a shit hole.

If we're using homelessness as a rhetorical device to shame, it might help to view it through amore objective perspective.

According to US Department of Housing and Urban Development 

US cities with most homeless people, 2019 data

New York City (NY)
Los Angeles, City & County (CA)
Seattle with King County (WA)
San Jose & Santa Clara (CA)
San Diego, City & County (CA)
San Francisco (CA) 
Oakland & Berkeley (CA)
Santa Ana & Anaheim (CA)
Phoenix & Mesa (AZ)
Washington (DC)

Update: 2022 there were 7,754 homeless in San Francisco. 4,571 were living in shelters, and 3183 were living rough on the street. 

City (State)
Homeless people
per 100,000 residents*
Rise / Fallbetween
2014-2018
Eugene (OR)
-12.4%
Los Angeles (CA)
+37.4%
New York City (NY)
+16.9%
San Jose (CA)
-6.5%
Seattle (WA)
+23.0%
Anchorage (AK)
+6.6%
Las Vegas (NV)
-24.8%
San Francisco (CA)
+12.1%
Savannah (GA)
-26.9%
San Diego (CA)
-2.0%
Reno-Sparks (NV)
+45.3%
Vallejo (CA)
-16.2%
Amarillo (TX)
+44.6%
Tallahassee (FL)
+10.0%
Napa (CA)
+13.9%
Stockton (CA)
+0.3%
Spokane (WA)
+1.9%
Fresno (CA)
-20.0%
Colorado Springs (CO)
+18.2%
Visalia (CA)
+23.9%
Denver (CO)
-24.6%
Battle Creek (MI)
-16.7%
Topeka (KS)
-1.4%
St Joseph (MO)
+2.6%
Sacramento (CA)
+41.0%
Albuquerque (NM)
+5.6%
Boston (MA)
+0.5%
Springfield (IL)
+2.7%
Minneapolis / St Paul (MN)
+68.7%
Tulsa (OK)
+4.7%
Manchester (NH)
+2.8%
Columbus (OH)
+6.4%

2018 data

Note: Portland didn't even make the list, but they're liberal so.... Shit Hole!  

Not sure where you got these stats but they are bullshit. Not even close and don't include so many other cities. Dont get me started on the shuffle. California has a tendency to give away bus tickets for free to indigents with a promise on the other end of something free. Can't imagine why they would do that! I was in SF 3 weeks ago and will confirm however it IS indeed cleaner than Ive ever seen it and I grew up only 100 miles away.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, jbirds510 said:

Not sure where you got these stats but they are bullshit. Not even close and don't include so many other cities. Dont get me started on the shuffle. California has a tendency to give away bus tickets for free to indigents with a promise on the other end of something free. Can't imagine why they would do that! I was in SF 3 weeks ago and will confirm however it IS indeed cleaner than Ive ever seen it and I grew up only 100 miles away.

Truly with a grain of salt. Stats are "According to US Department of Housing and Urban Development". I have no proof or claim as to it's accuracy. Used as a broader example.

I agree 100%, California's freebie programs do nothing but create dependance. Handouts are cheeper than institutional treatment of the mental illness issues and chemical dependency in the homeless population. California public policies operates in terms of a Harm Reduction model.Programmes and practices to minimise the negative health, social and legal impacts associated with drug use. In terms of treating mental illness, the state has thrown every conceivable community based program at the problem and accomplished nothing. In fact Gavin Nuisance just signed a new batch of bills (The CARE act) designed to make mental healthcare more accessible for the homeless, and this too will fail. Treatment requires proper medical and psychiatric diagnostics, finding the right medications and dose for that specific individual, their ability to remain med compliant, and ongoing monitoring for potential negative side effects. Assuming they want treatment, can a psychotic paranoid schizophrenic, or a manic bipolar homeless person be handed a bag of medication and be expected to maintain their treatment? Hell no, but Gavin will keep throwing pointless money at it to look like he's doubt something. I'm very disappointed The Armpit Master wasn't elected.  

• Like 3
6 hours ago, jbirds510 said:

When I lived in Eureka,I was told the same thing - that other states/cities

would send us their homeless.

Seems that every liberal's answer to the problem is to give the homeless

FREE housing.That's been tried before,& the places tend to get trashed within

a short time.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, angliagt said:

When I lived in Eureka,I was told the same thing - that other states/cities

would send us their homeless.

Seems that every liberal's answer to the problem is to give the homeless

FREE housing.That's been tried before,& the places tend to get trashed within

a short time.

Free housing doesn't work because without any investment of the resident there is no incentive to not destroy the place. The gov tore down a lot of "projects" because the residents destroyed the free housing they were given. Ripping out the wiring and copper pipe for scrap money and making the places unlivable. That's why section 8 was started to shift the indigent into the private sector. With todays rent nobody in there right mind would want to section 8 there property.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/cabrini-green-homes-16037.html

• Like 2
20 hours ago, paradime said:

Truly with a grain of salt. Stats are "According to US Department of Housing and Urban Development". I have no proof or claim as to it's accuracy. Used as a broader example.

I agree 100%, California's freebie programs do nothing but create dependance. Handouts are cheeper than institutional treatment of the mental illness issues and chemical dependency in the homeless population. California public policies operates in terms of a Harm Reduction model.Programmes and practices to minimise the negative health, social and legal impacts associated with drug use. In terms of treating mental illness, the state has thrown every conceivable community based program at the problem and accomplished nothing. In fact Gavin Nuisance just signed a new batch of bills (The CARE act) designed to make mental healthcare more accessible for the homeless, and this too will fail. Treatment requires proper medical and psychiatric diagnostics, finding the right medications and dose for that specific individual, their ability to remain med compliant, and ongoing monitoring for potential negative side effects. Assuming they want treatment, can a psychotic paranoid schizophrenic, or a manic bipolar homeless person be handed a bag of medication and be expected to maintain their treatment? Hell no, but Gavin will keep throwing pointless money at it to look like he's doubt something. I'm very disappointed The Armpit Master wasn't elected.  

So do you still support the left and their way of doing things here in California ? 

• Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, john510 said:

So do you still support the left and their way of doing things here in California ? 

No, I don't flip flop between parties. I hate them both, but I still support California because I love my fucked up state. I'm a pragmatist and I don't fall lock step with todays "liberal or conservative" BS. The fact that Cali's been run by a bunch of two faced thieves spans over decades and both R&D governess. Gavin Newsom is without a doubt the shiesties back dealing tax happy POS who's ever held that office, so no I don't support him or the things he's doing. That said, give me a conservative or liberal candidate with honor and integrity and I'll vote for them. Unfortunately, that unicorn doesn't exist. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, paradime said:

No, I don't flip flop between parties. I hate them both, but I still support California because I love my fucked up state. I'm a pragmatist and I don't fall lock step with todays "liberal or conservative" BS. The fact that Cali's been run by a bunch of two faced thieves spans over decades and both R&D governess. Gavin Newsom is without a doubt the shiesties back dealing tax happy POS who's ever held that office, so no I don't support him or the things he's doing. That said, give me a conservative or liberal candidate with honor and integrity and I'll vote for them. Unfortunately, that unicorn doesn't exist. 

That's what I expected you to say.Sometimes choosing the lesser of two evils is the way to go.Unless of course you love your fucked up state,then you just let it stay fucked up.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, john510 said:

That's what I expected you to say.Sometimes choosing the lesser of two evils is the way to go.Unless of course you love your fucked up state,then you just let it stay fucked up.

No, I don't believe choosing a side and playing political tug of war is the only way to get our beloved state unfucked. Has your vote changed anything? Mine neither. You and I don't have access to the back dealing card table where decisions are being made that affect our daily lives. I can piss moan and blame, but If I want to improve the quality of life where I live, I have to fight like a mother fucker locally. The way I see it, the game shifts as the powers that be see fit, so in a capitalist democratic 2 party system, I can either get played, or go play. 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

Free housing doesn't work because without any investment of the resident there is no incentive to not destroy the place. The gov tore down a lot of "projects" because the residents destroyed the free housing they were given. Ripping out the wiring and copper pipe for scrap money and making the places unlivable. That's why section 8 was started to shift the indigent into the private sector. With todays rent nobody in there right mind would want to section 8 there property.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/cabrini-green-homes-16037.html

Just out of high school, picked up some federal work (big $$ for the area) repairing homes on the reservation. When we used to get real winters, the residents would tear out walls for firewood. It was easy work, great pay and came around every year.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Skib said:

At least they built a super expensive, super sweet high speed train by me.... oh wait....

Nope. Just this big fuck off overpass to nowhere in the middle of nowhere.

D2i0lJ1.png

lol

There is one like that outside Seattle that overlooks a park. I thought it would make a great platform for some townhouses. Run elevators and/or stairs up the columns. You can't tell me that a structure designed to hold speeding semi's wouldn't hold some families. The views would be awesome, a park downstairs and great controlled entry

• Haha 2
On 11/19/2022 at 9:16 AM, paradime said:

That's the spirit.Stay bent over and let them screw you.Don't even try to fight back.That's exactly what they want.Complain about Newsom who you probably voted for at some time and then walk away after you figured out what a mistake it was.

• Haha 1

Planning for the publicly funded high speed rail project began in 1996.

Voters approved it in 2008.

The design-build contract was signed 2013.

Construction began 2015

The current forecast construction completion date is 2027 phase 1, 2029 tase 2.

Vegas odds on contractors meeting projected completion date, 487,338.26 : 1

My guess is that even though our tax $ paid for the F'n thing, it'll cost us more than an airline ticket to ride it. Because that's the California way; fuck'm coming and going.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
28 minutes ago, john510 said:

That's the spirit.Stay bent over and let them screw you.Don't even try to fight back.That's exactly what they want.Complain about Newsom who you probably voted for at some time and then walk away after you figured out what a mistake it was.

We live in a liberal state and no amount of pointed condescension is going to change that. I fucked up and voted for Gavin as mayor of SF in '03 and after what he and Pelosi did in Treasure Island I've railed against him ever since. 

So you think acting locally is staying bet over? My vote has changed nothing, so I do my research and focus on what I can change. Complaining among the like minded IMO is not fighting back.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
9 hours ago, paradime said:

We live in a liberal state and no amount of pointed condescension is going to change that. I fucked up and voted for Gavin as mayor of SF in '03 and after what he and Pelosi did in Treasure Island I've railed against him ever since. 

So you think acting locally is staying bet over? My vote has changed nothing, so I do my research and focus on what I can change. Complaining among the like minded IMO is not fighting back.

Following modern politics is no different than watching a boxing match where both fighters have agreed to take a dive..Yay fun and fulfilling. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, paradime said:

My guess is that even though our tax $ paid for the F'n thing, it'll cost us more than an airline ticket to ride it. Because that's the California way; fuck'm coming and going.

If they aren't taxing us for it... they are working out a way how...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

All this election fraud may be a distraction - the real fraud may be fiscal policy.

So we owe the debt holders interest.  How is that paid?  A number on two accounts changes and the debt is paid.  All we have to do is change the balance on our General Fund and we'll have as much money as we need.  It's not like our creditors can audit our books.

It'd be sort of like Virtual Money Laundering.  Criminals launder money through businesses that actually have no business income, the illegally gotten cash shows up as sales which never occurred.  Of course this is a process that involves real money.  Well, you could do that with NO money if the front business is the federal reserve/government.

Imagine the temptation to do this if possible?  It would be impossible for politicians to not do this.  With modern tech and everything in digital accounts, this should be quite doable.  Who knows, maybe the G8 colluded and agreed to do this - better to live nicely in a fake world than suffer in a real one.

When you think of how spending exploded recently, it's like something happened.  Maybe something did happen.

• Like 5