• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Oh you're driving!!!!!

Me: Hello officer, why did you pull me over?" Cop: "Well do you think you missed a few of those red lights, posted speed signs, center median lines, and a few curves back there?" Me: "No, not really." 

Edited by paradime
  • Like 1

A few years ago I was playing with my Jag on a road with a series of 90 degree turns. I made one run through them and decided it was too much fun so I went back to do them again at speed.  I was staying in my lane but drifting  a bit when I spotted the state police car coming from the opposite direction.  Judging by the look on his face as I passed him I knew he was going to pull me over when he got turned around so I pulled over.  Sure enough here he comes.  When he approached the car I said hi...  and he said " Are you having fun"  and replied with an emphatic YES.  He put his hat in the patrol car and got in mine and said turn around and lets do that again.  So we did the run at speed again.  I pulled up in front of the patrol car expecting a ticket but all he said was "that was fun now don't do it again at those speeds because you scare the shit out of anyone in the opposite lane when they see you coming at them sideways in the turns  Have a nice day".  I did.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, john510 said:

Just trying to help.  I have seen that multiple times over the years, and it's ALWAYS funny because it's true...

I'm surprised the woke crowd doesn't condemn it...

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Duncan said:

Only applies to black people.

Definitely obey the law and there will be less chances of a police encounter, but there can still be encounters even if you are innocent of any crime. If you did not call the police then he is not there to help you in the least. They will lie and say anything and make up laws to get what they want. You have to ID if driving but otherwise do not. In both cases never reveal where you were or are going to. How do you know that someone behind you wasn't mugged, shot, robbed, raped??? Now you've innocently inserted yourself into their investigation. Refuse any search of yourself or vehicle. Again you can never be sure someone didn't leave something in your car or maybe you forgot to get rid of that joint in your pocket. Get it through your head, he is not there to help you, so say as little as possible, nothing is even better. There has to be a reason the right to remain silent was written into the constitution. You are protected from being compelled to self incriminate yourself.  

20 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Only applies to black people.

I understand you're a sheltered Canadian Islander, but I gotta recommend a STFU on that one Mike. 

As a white pissed off ignorant punk rock youth in SD I had my ass kicked by cops on a regular basis. So no, it applies to any stupid angry fucker who thinks the law doesn't apply to them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 5/26/2022 at 3:17 PM, paradime said:

That's it, share your BS irrationalisations and pretend there's no problem? You've accomplished nothing but painting yourself into a rhetorical corner.

I would have expected more from you. During our lifetimes, the rights of the individual vs the rights of the community has been under attack and individual rights are losing.  It is likely, such conflict is inevitable and eternal, but I have neither time nor inclination to research that supposition.

Regarding suppositions, they are by nature, uncertain. I may frame suppositions, in definitive terms, and supply supporting facts/evidence as bulwark. Especially, when I believe an argument has endured constant attack for so long, it almost embraces the self evident  

Regarding fallacious argument, the structure of an argument is not absolute in assessing veracity. Moreover, I have no desire to indulge in a “high school debate”, as such structured debate and evidence formats have been submarined by the proliferation of mass information. Time and understanding has been subverted by the proliferation of conformation bias machines and public need for the unsettling of their opponent’s position; a need that overrides fact checking and/or critical thinking. Additionally, debating specifics and internet statistics is a fool’s errand. 

Admittedly,  I choose inflammatory terminology, in proportion to value ascribed or in frustration to willful ignorance, and employ information based directly on my experience or on the experience of those I trust.

If you believe, I am in error, please provide evidence facts/argument in rebuttal.  If you believe I am a liar, continued correspondence serves no purpose.

Sniping without substance speaks ill of your character.

On 5/27/2022 at 9:59 AM, ByStickel said:

Please take this in the spirit of cooperation that is meant. When people use terms like "The anti gun, anti free speech, anti liberty crowd are zealots..." it automatically puts anyone with a differing opinion on the defensive. I'm sure you've heard similar stereotyping directed at you, too. It shuts down the possibility for an open exchange.

I've had good talks with people who have wildly differing opinions, and the key has always been to find common goals and to express how any change I desire isn't an attack on anyone. 

It is difficult to control vitriol and seek compromise, because every compromise has been exploited.  It’s late, so I will leave it to you to google some of the thousands of regulations placed on gun owners and gun dealers. The point, I do not have an arsenal of “scary” guns and do not see the need for civilian machine gun ownership (which already is heavily regulated) However, I support and lend my vote against any anti automatic machine gun legislation, because either though lack of firearm understanding  or maliciousness or fear (I believe the latter) Democrats  and the media interchanged the terminology between automatic  and semi-automatic, adding thousands of weapons to the “evil should be banned list”. The Democrats are working hard to legislate new criminals, and I don’t want them to get tome. My only hope is that such legislation, if enacted federally would be unenforced at the State level and could be stalled until a regime change. But, what if Biden’s open boarder policy and lack of voting accountability are enough to tip the scale again. If you look at regulations proposed an d supported enough to be submitted and considered before failing, It provides a sobering view of Democrat desires, in gun control legislation. As I attempted to explain in an early post, there are no “compromise” solutions offered by the Democrats only paths confiscation and destruction of firearms  and freedoms and lives.  The question shouldn’t be, “Why am I pissed off. It should  be why aren’t you. In the event that it is not clear, I do not take issue with your post, and at one point believed it true, but on this issue it no longer applies.

11 hours ago, paradime said:

Okay, consider me well fucked then.

But seriously if you're white and watching that Chris Rock video you're thinking that it's meant primarily for blacks, if black you can certainly relate. For one, surely more black drivers get pulled over than white. Can't think of a white comedian that could do as good a job of white people getting their ass kicked.  

I was reading something about an at the time, unexplained increase in black deaths in vehicle accidents recently. Allegedly it's spiked about 50% and again allegedly, caused by police officers encouraged to ignore minor driving offenses by black people to avoid the appearance of any bias or profiling. Christ, next thing you know families of the dead will sue the police for not clamping down on violations. I'll see if I can find it.

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

But seriously if you're white and watching that Chris Rock video you're thinking that it's meant primarily for blacks, if black you can certainly relate. For one, surely more black drivers get pulled over than white. Can't think of a white comedian that could do as good a job of white people getting their ass kicked.  

I was reading something about an at the time, unexplained increase in black deaths in vehicle accidents recently. Allegedly it's spiked about 50% and again allegedly, caused by police officers encouraged to ignore minor driving offenses by black people to avoid the appearance of any bias or profiling. Christ, next thing you know families of the dead will sue the police for not clamping down on violations. I'll see if I can find it.

There is more white interactions between police and White bystander than with Police and Black Bystander.  There are even more deaths at the hands of police from Police on White Bystander at a 3:1 ratio. 

Population thing, but Whites are still more likely to be pulled over than black.

Edited by Mattndew76
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Interesting, so it's not "Only applies to black people" now it's "meant primarily for blacks"... 

Okay Island Mike, but you bend over this time and let me fuck you around. Cuz this fish ante bit'n on your stinky old ball of cheese. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mattndew76 said:

There is more white interactions between police and White bystander than with Police and Black Bystander.  There are even more deaths at the hands of police from Police on White Bystander at a 3:1 ratio. 

Population thing, but Whites are still more likely to be pulled over than black.

Make that a disproportionate amount of black drivers.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, paradime said:

Interesting, so it's not "Only applies to black people" now it's "meant primarily for blacks"... 

Okay Island Mike, but you bend over this time and let me fuck you around. Cuz this fish ante bit'n on your stinky old ball of cheese. 

"Only applies to black people" was tongue in cheek and I told you that.

Chris Rock. All the actors are black in the video. What an I supposed to derive from that? He could have hired white people but his market (black people) can't see whites being harassed by the police like they are.

• Like 1

Isolated tunnel vision thing.

I think its the individual issue of seeing yourself as the most victimized or having the worst day without considering others might be too. It also seems to apply to racial groups made up of that type of individual but not exclusive to 100% of that racial group..  Loudest of the people are generally the ones who think injustice is all over and in everything. 

100,000 of one racial group gets stopped and 8% (8000) get pulled over and killed. 

10,000 of one racial group gets pulled stopped and 15% (1500) get pulled over and killed.

But since the 10,000 are a smaller group the percentage is used as the arguing statistic to scare everyone, but is NEVER compared to any other racial or economic stat. 

15% is bigger than 8% so its much worse....

A larger group of people can sustain far more deaths before noticing its still out of hand for everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, datzenmike said:

"Only applies to black people" was tongue in cheek and I told you that.

Chris Rock. All the actors are black in the video. What an I supposed to derive from that? He could have hired white people but his market (black people) can't see whites being harassed by the police like they are.

I never paid attention to anybody's skin color in that video until you pointed it out.Now i find it offensive and racist,thanks a lot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2