1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Not all mental fuck-ups are caused by poor parenting or lack of parent(s). Some are in spite of good parenting also. As for guns, no gun, no bad operation. I like the term 'responsible gun ownership' but seems like guns are sold like candy down there and then there is pissing and moaning later about cavities.  Constitutionally 'everyone' is allowed gun ownership so any problems are not going away.

I dont disagree, however, we arent talking about total resolution to a problem just a statistical reduction. Intent will remain as long as people have emotions. Most unlawful guns are in circulation because a crime was committed to get them. You give me 1000 usd and drop me anywhere in the world and I promise you, gun prohibition or not I can get a gun, the only difference is if I choose to bad things with it how much citizen resistance ill be met with. I live in a state where open and concealed are allowed if you dont have a criminal background and believe it or not, there is evidence to show an overall reduction in gun crime. Go figure.

• Like 3
  • Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, jbirds510 said:

I dont disagree, however, we arent talking about total resolution to a problem just a statistical reduction. Intent will remain as long as people have emotions. Most unlawful guns are in circulation because a crime was committed to get them. You give me 1000 usd and drop me anywhere in the world and I promise you, gun prohibition or not I can get a gun, the only difference is if I choose to bad things with it how much citizen resistance ill be met with. I live in a state where open and concealed are allowed if you dont have a criminal background and believe it or not, there is evidence to show an overall reduction in gun crime. Go figure.

I own a CNC and can get a 3D printer. Prohibition wont stop shit ever. "Common Sense Gun Laws." is an empty phrase used by people who have no idea or logic but tons of emotion.  Its this magical phrase spit out when they think tightening a grip over their opposition is the answer to a tangential issue connected to neither Politics or Objects. 

Its Cultural Decay and the damage it does to the human youth.  A life with no purpose has no anchor to moral principles. 

Edited by Mattndew76
  • Like 4

If the statements that officers waited 40 minutes before entering and shots were continuing they all need to quit.

You shouldn't be in a profession that risks your own life if you aren't ready to do so.

Juan Carranza, 24, said. He lives across the street from the school. "There were more of them. There was just one of him,"

Javier Cazares raced to the school after hearing about the shooting because his daughter went to school there.

"he suggested a group of civilians "rush in because the cops aren’t doing anything like they are supposed to."

His daughter, Jacklyn Cazares, died in the attack.

Do they not have active shooter training in Texas classrooms? Every classroom in the country should have an easy method for teachers to bolt the door to prevent entry.

Even if officers didn't wait I place a lot of blame for school shootings at the feet of Govt. for not taking the simple steps needed to prevent or at least limit the damage from such things.

th-148389126.jpg

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

Bruh, I haven't done anything like this and my life has no purpose 😂😭

“The literal meaning of life is whatever you're doing that prevents you from killing yourself.” ........ Camas

"I post.... therefore, I am"

• Like 1

Take a minute and decide the price of your freedom, not in dollars and cents, in dead children. If a number popped into your head, then your pragmatism is rather extreme. The answer is either none or all of them. Constraining acceptable answers, may bring accusation of rhetorical manipulation, that is not my intent and am open to contrary argument.

A second, similar, yet separate, necessary realization, before debating the merits of personal freedom is  two-fold: first, is killing ever acceptable, and second is murder ever acceptable?

The third understanding to undertake is whether or not individuals possess  the freedom, and thereby the responsibility, of choice.

If answering these questions is not troublesome, then basic contract law might be persuasive. Before people embraced “civilization” the rule of law was the vendetta. In the United States, the “social contract” displaced the vendetta and brought prosperity to the United States .  What should be the remedy, if the social contract is in breach?

• Like 3

We need to come the the realization as a culture that we will have evil among us, desperation, nihilism, and many other ism's that lead to unabashed violence's. All of these will operate outside the consensus of law when that human decides its time. If we are serious about "defending the children" then we need to put our actions and money where our mouth is. 

Every school should have emergency roll down doors like in malls meant to seal up each individual retail establishment. Every classroom should have a panic button meant to shut the whole place down instantly (same security doors in some banks or check cashing stores) . This would isolate any potential killer in seconds. This would also eliminate that fear the irrational have about teachers and security having a firearm. 

Parents have to get involved with their school community. Attend school board meetings, and even run for the elected seats to make these changes. Gun Free zones are an abject failure and continue to be one. Fairytales that a gun free world will eliminate mass tragedy is irrational. Security measures are an absolute imperative.  Gun grabbing is a message of the authoritarian cultist. Fields and fields of strawmen. 

Edited by Mattndew76
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, thisismatt said:

You can't boil it down to a number. At the beginning of COVID there were people saying one death is too many. Lockdowns were the result, causing untold psychological & economic damage in their wake.

I agree, therefore there is no number of dead children, dead adults or dead anything that justifies gun control and I comply with current gun control laws. It is difficult to single phrase the complexity of gun control, but one of the mainstays of the Gun Control groupies is "Killing is bad, Guns kill, therefore Guns bad" I fought the first "assault"  weapon ban in a debate, exposing this same flaw--Killing is bad, "Assault" weapons potentially kill more, therefore "assault" weapons potentially more bad. One point of distilling it down (in the 90's) was as attack on the many democrats and couple of republican turncoats championing the ill defined and bullshit legislation while simultaneously claiming to support the 2nd Amendment. (Currently regurgitated "reasonable" gun laws)  In the 90's democrats lacked the votes to freely express their agenda, now anti gun control argument is answered with a rolling of the eyes. Like many ideas in politics,repetition is substitute for truth.  In the last 25-30 years there has been a constant attack on the 2nd Amendment and individual freedom.

I employed the same structure in attempt to force MADD to concede their goal is a return to prohibition. When MADD campaigned for and won legislation that specified a hard line limit to be driving drunk,the writing on the wall was clear. Transportation, like gun ownership and other liberty was under attack and losing. BEFORE THE KNEE JERK REACTIONARY EMOTIONAL TRIPE, SOME ARE FORMING--wait and think about it. Of course I don't support drunk driving. Did you know that now, as well as before MADD, it is possible to be convicted of drunk driving even with a B.A.C under the legal limit. Police follow with their cams on, gathering evidence of poor driving, pull the car over and assess the driver as "impaired" and to jail they go. But, humans love absolute rules and a B.A.C is formed. I am going to shorten this up, don't get lost. Once a B.A.C is established and credited with saving XXXX lives, MADD claims victory and begins a campaign to lower the B.A.C, claiming the lower B.A.C. will save XXX lives. There is only one destination for this ride. It  would be political suicide for a government official to even suggest any number of deaths,is the cost of living in a free society, but that is the reality. I could provide more pages of evidence and this isn't even at the "conspiracy level". There are political figures, corporate professionals, professors, etc, who openly support transportation automation, which will give government/corporate control over individual travel. Tesla, and many other companies have pushed and continue to push for the ability to forbid maintenance or modification of their cars. My prediction is like the current housing market, corporations and/or government greed and regulation will push automobile cost of ownership beyond the means of the majority, forcing renting or leasing vehicles. Renting and leasing allows for an extreme level of travel control. Next generations will be regulated out of business ownership, they will work for companies, be renters in a company house, driving a leased company car, provided a company phone and company wifi. All actions monitored, recorded and shared. And all will be fine, until it is not and when it fails, as it has always failed and you're hunched up somewhere eating your daily nutritional allotment, trying to avoid the drones and the cameras, remember how righteous you felt "standing up against the NRA"

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Mattndew76 said:

I own a CNC and can get a 3D printer. Prohibition wont stop shit ever. "Common Sense Gun Laws." is an empty phrase used by people who have no idea or logic but tons of emotion.  Its this magical phrase spit out when they think tightening a grip over their opposition is the answer to a tangential issue connected to neither Politics or Objects. 

Its Cultural Decay and the damage it does to the human youth.  I life with no purpose has no anchor to moral principles. 

This makes perfect sense Mathew and I agree 100%. Would you agree there's illogical ideas and tons of emotion on both intrenched extremes? Let's take prohibition off the table because we all know that's about as illogical as thinking arming everyone will solve the problem. For over half a century I've watched the US being divided into 2 waring halves. As a child, I played outside without parental supervision ALL DAY. Then a sell was cast and the world became dangerous and we've become increasingly insular and insecure as a country. This when violent crime rates remained the constant and even declined. I place FULL responsibility for this social phenomenon at the feet of our conglomerated Main Stream News Media. These profit driven corporations give the mic to extremest perspectives in pursuit of ratings and political influence. Average American families have both parents working, L & R camps blame this on each other, while our country's mindbogling wealth that we created and fought for has been quietly siphoned to our top 1% rulers. The only logical action is to recognize their softly spoken magic spell on the evening news does not solve our social problems, it creates them. Unity is what built this country and division has always threatened to tare it apart. I fighter for unity locally because your safety is my safety.

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, paradime said:

This makes perfect sense Mathew and I agree 100%. Would you agree there's illogical ideas and tons of emotion on both intrenched extremes? Let's take prohibition off the table because we all know that's about as illogical as thinking arming everyone will solve the problem. For over half a century I've watched the US being divided into 2 waring halves. As a child, I played outside without parental supervision ALL DAY. Then a sell was cast and the world became dangerous and we've become increasingly insular and insecure as a country. This when violent crime rates remained the constant and even declined. I place FULL responsibility for this social phenomenon at the feet of our conglomerated Main Stream News Media. These profit driven corporations give the mic to extremest perspectives in pursuit of ratings and political influence. Average American families have both parents working, L & R camps blame this on each other, while our country's mindbogling wealth that we created and fought for has been quietly siphoned to our top 1% rulers. The only logical action is to recognize their softly spoken magic spell on the evening news does not solve our social problems, it creates them. Unity is what built this country and division has always threatened to tare it apart. I fighter for unity locally because your safety is my safety.

You and I are on the same consensus 98% of the time and I have total understanding of your logical and emotional positions. I am a solution person and can offer ideas if asked.

I have no faith or view that anything the corporate oligarchy media presents is full truth from fact. Through reading and understanding slight of hand through written manipulation It gets amazingly frustrating to watch anyone parrot talking points. 

I enjoy your perspective a majority of the time, but like anyone else I have never felt the urge to hold my tongue (fingers) when I disagree. I am brutal and only hold back 2% when I feel empathy envisioning the other side of my venom. 

Edited by Mattndew76
  • Like 2
16 minutes ago, frankendat said:

I agree, therefore there is no number of dead children, dead adults or dead anything that justifies gun control and I comply with current gun control laws. It is difficult to single phrase the complexity of gun control, but one of the mainstays of the Gun Control groupies is "Killing is bad, Guns kill, therefore Guns bad" I fought the first "assault"  weapon ban in a debate, exposing this same flaw--Killing is bad, "Assault" weapons potentially kill more, therefore "assault" weapons potentially more bad. One point of distilling it down (in the 90's) was as attack on the many democrats and couple of republican turncoats championing the ill defined and bullshit legislation while simultaneously claiming to support the 2nd Amendment. (Currently regurgitated "reasonable" gun laws)  In the 90's democrats lacked the votes to freely express their agenda, now anti gun control argument is answered with a rolling of the eyes. Like many ideas in politics,repetition is substitute for truth.  In the last 25-30 years there has been a constant attack on the 2nd Amendment and individual freedom.

I employed the same structure in attempt to force MADD to concede their goal is a return to prohibition. When MADD campaigned for and won legislation that specified a hard line limit to be driving drunk,the writing on the wall was clear. Transportation, like gun ownership and other liberty was under attack and losing. BEFORE THE KNEE JERK REACTIONARY EMOTIONAL TRIPE, SOME ARE FORMING--wait and think about it. Of course I don't support drunk driving. Did you know that now, as well as before MADD, it is possible to be convicted of drunk driving even with a B.A.C under the legal limit. Police follow with their cams on, gathering evidence of poor driving, pull the car over and assess the driver as "impaired" and to jail they go. But, humans love absolute rules and a B.A.C is formed. I am going to shorten this up, don't get lost. Once a B.A.C is established and credited with saving XXXX lives, MADD claims victory and begins a campaign to lower the B.A.C, claiming the lower B.A.C. will save XXX lives. There is only one destination for this ride. It  would be political suicide for a government official to even suggest any number of deaths,is the cost of living in a free society, but that is the reality. I could provide more pages of evidence and this isn't even at the "conspiracy level". There are political figures, corporate professionals, professors, etc, who openly support transportation automation, which will give government/corporate control over individual travel. Tesla, and many other companies have pushed and continue to push for the ability to forbid maintenance or modification of their cars. My prediction is like the current housing market, corporations and/or government greed and regulation will push automobile cost of ownership beyond the means of the majority, forcing renting or leasing vehicles. Renting and leasing allows for an extreme level of travel control. Next generations will be regulated out of business ownership, they will work for companies, be renters in a company house, driving a leased company car, provided a company phone and company wifi. All actions monitored, recorded and shared. And all will be fine, until it is not and when it fails, as it has always failed and you're hunched up somewhere eating your daily nutritional allotment, trying to avoid the drones and the cameras, remember how righteous you felt "standing up against the NRA"

That's it, share your BS irrationalisations and pretend there's no problem? You've accomplished nothing but painting yourself into a rhetorical corner.

Homicide (gun) rate in Canada per 100,000 people is 0.61 while suicides are 1.52

In the US its 4.46 (7.3 X) and 7.32 (4.8 X) So there's your price for 'freedom' to love and bare arms. Think of it as a freedom tax or a cost to do business. We also can own some guns if we are eligible. We also have some freedoms, but we don't go on and on about it.

BTW Brazil is over 20 per 100,000. Go figure.

• Like 2

I just figured out how to pay off the National Debt -

Either print more money & pay it off,or borrow the money

from the Chinese,& pay it off.

Surprised some Democrat Politicians haven't proposed this!  

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, angliagt said:

I just figured out how to pay off the National Debt -

Either print more money & pay it off,or borrow the money

from the Chinese,& pay it off.

Surprised some Democrat Politicians haven't proposed this!  

Sadly the other party hasn't done anything to reduce our debt either. They talk about it and blame the dems but that's about it. Both parties vote to raise the debt ceiling every time we are broke. Can anybody name a president the left office with a lower national debt than when they went in?

Edited by bottomwatcher
Spelling

This really pisses me off.

A bill was put forth today in a bipartisan writ. The HB would make the DHS put together a commission to study, and put forward the best security measures for our public school, an devise plans for active shooter events.

Cuck Shoomer decided it would put too many guns in the school, and blocked the introduction. This is the prime example of certain high profile politicians who LOVE LOVE LOVE wedge issues for power over actual efforts of security for the kids without taking rights of people away. Cuck Shoomer is at the top of the list for doing this shit. I read the HB and it said nothing about DHS placing armed personnel inside the schools. 

This mother fucker couldn't get elected if he didn't have his wedge issues to ride.  He twatted that he wants gun restriction instead....As if any restriction would have prevented this. SO FUCKING TIRED OF THESE CUNTS

Edited by Mattndew76
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, bottomwatcher said:

Sadly the other party hasn't done anything to reduce our debt either. They talk about it and blame the dems but that's about it. Both parties vote to raise the debt ceiling every time we are broke. Can anybody name a president the left office with a lower national debt than when they went in?

All kidding aside,this SHOULD BE a top priority,

by BOTH parties.

• Like 2