• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a couple days - we've got that pencil-necked cocksucker Adam Schiff letting that shitshow Cobert and his sloven band of fucktards into the house for a spot and they all get arrested for being dickheads.  Will they be held in isolation for a year and a half like the j6 crowd?  Doubtful...

Then we get that harpy Jill Biden, whose consuming desire to be first lady allowing the continuing elder abuse of her addled spouse; he comes to a stop on a bicycle and falls over, like Arte Johnson on the old Laugh In show, if Arte was an 80 year old scarecrow wearing a homofag helmet.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, thisismatt said:

So you agree with the meme then?

I interpreted the meme as implying that we are not pumping what we can and increasing us output would give us cheap gas. The theory sounds fine but in reality it's not how it works. Oil is a global commodity we can drll here but if demand is up in Asia the price won't drop here. I am all for more drilling and it is picking up quickly in the Gulf of Mexico but somehow thinking the oil we drill is "our own" is misleading. We produce massive amounts of natural gas and around 32% of our electricity comes from what would be extremely cheap if we kept it yet we pay global prices because it is sold to the global market. 

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/natural-gas/imports-and-exports.php

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
31 minutes ago, angliagt said:

I can't wait to see the new Air Force One operate without fossil fuel.

Maybe Al Gore will figure out a way.

It's going to run on solar or electric power.It'll have a range of three miles if it can even get off the ground.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, mrbigtanker said:

We are pumping oil or natural gas ? I guess your in the oil industry. 

I was but I am getting away from that. Even sold my Exxon stock 2 weeks ago. Missed the peak by a couple of dollars but glad things turned put the way they did. I realize this is the destruction of America thread but the high oil prices are a global issue. The douchebag in charge is an embarrassment begging the Saudis for oil and the previous douchebag happened to be in office when there was a drill off between OPEC+ and the Permian and claims hed had something to do with low oil prices. US presidents don't matter and have zero influence on oil prices with the exception of leveraging sanctions and maybe taxes on the oil cos.  Sanctions against the governments in Venezuela and Russia are probably the most damaging to current oil prices. Balls in OPEC's court now until Russia knocks its shit off and starts pumping oil again at least at the level it did before the war.  My last stint in the Gulf was doing survey work for pipeline routes. We did sidescan bottom surveys and this is an old liberty ship we tested our gear on.1867487344_LibertyShipGeorgeVancouverMBES.PNG.cc34a4cd78e7d4d9f4bc0d32bf0e64f4.PNG

• Like 2
2 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

I was but I am getting away from that. Even sold my Exxon stock 2 weeks ago. Missed the peak by a couple of dollars but glad things turned put the way they did. I realize this is the destruction of America thread but the high oil prices are a global issue. The douchebag in charge is an embarrassment begging the Saudis for oil and the previous douchebag happened to be in office when there was a drill off between OPEC+ and the Permian and claims hed had something to do with low oil prices. US presidents don't matter and have zero influence on oil prices with the exception of leveraging sanctions and maybe taxes on the oil cos.  Sanctions against the governments in Venezuela and Russia are probably the most damaging to current oil prices. Balls in OPEC's court now until Russia knocks its shit off and starts pumping oil again at least at the level it did before the war.  My last stint in the Gulf was doing survey work for pipeline routes. We did sidescan bottom surveys and this is an old liberty ship we tested our gear on.1867487344_LibertyShipGeorgeVancouverMBES.PNG.cc34a4cd78e7d4d9f4bc0d32bf0e64f4.PNG

I am in refining. How deep is that ship. What depth

It's been a while but I think only around 60 ft. It was sunk on purpose for a reef project. It was close so we used it to calibrate gear. I do have pics of the u166 the german sub sunk in the gulf. The funny thing is when doing survey work the things that pop up unexpectingly. If it isn't profitable it is immediately ignored despite potential historical significance. Anyways back to the current thread. Being in refining please point out any inaccuracies I have provided or any input to the current topic. I try to point out the truth. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

Were you experienced with Sonar prior to oil field work?

9 hours ago, Ooph! said:

Were you experienced with Sonar prior to oil field work?

It was around 1996 I started working for Texas A&M on thier research vessel. We did survey work with sidescan sonar and coring equipment. I was on the deck officer side so it wasn't my job but I did get to observe all kinds operations. We did get chartered by the navy to test minesweeping equipment and AUVs Automous Underwater Vehicles. Last summer was spent surveying off the east coast for windfarm installations. I was the Captain and with 24 persons onboard a 150ft boat the close quarters,personality issues and chronic technical problems I had had enough. Took a mates position on a ocean going tug. Regular rotation, more money, no stress.

• Like 3