That Bill Maher clip is awesome.  I'll bet he's already thinking, "Damn, I rode this Liberal thing big time, but things are getting so whack, how do I "transition"  (haha, I make funny) into a Conservative talking head?"  I give me 5-10 years and he will be Conservative.

Absolutely, they "transitioned" (somebody Stop me, LOL) from Protect and Serve to Everyone is Dirty, let's Bust Them just about the time of Nixon's War on Drugs which was also politically motivated.  The Supreme Court even ruled that now, The Police do not have to tell you when you are free to go.  Someone explain to me just what country I live in?

With all this war on labels where boys want to use the girls room, just have a picture of a WeeWee and a WooWoo on the doors and go by biological equipment.

Ultimately, I concede why live in reality when now, it seems you can functionally live in the Fantasy Island of your own choice or a place where everyone drives brand new 620's and where 620 customs like orchids, abound.  

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From Edge of Tomorrow

“I see everyone is having a productive morning. You know it gives me a swell of pride knowing soldiers of your... caliber will be leading the charge tomorrow. Tip of the spear. Edge of the knife.“

Naw - let’s let them feds do it. We will backup n let them go first.

3 hours ago, Dguy210 said:

Reminder that the Police are NOT your friend. They are the enforcement arm of the state and should be treated like any other gang members.

1/ Know what your rights are in your state.

2/Get your phone out and at least pretend you are recording the interaction.

3/ NEVER ID unless you have to. Certain conditions apply. See 1/ above.

4/ NEVER volunteer information, in fact NEVER talk to them.

5/ NEVER allow a search of yourself or vehicle. Certain conditions apply. See 1/ above. 

6/ If passenger NEVER ID or allow search, remain silent. See 1/ above.

7/ Police enforce LAWS only. They don't enforce policy or feelings.

8/ Be civil and wait them out.

4 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

5/ NEVER allow a search of yourself or vehicle. Certain conditions apply. See 1/ above. 

I would disagree with most of this.If you're not guilty of anything a little cooperation goes a long way.Give them an attitude and they'll bust your balls as hard as they can.Of course if you have something to hide i guess following these guidelines might be a good idea.But in that case you're probably screwed either way.

Edited by john510
  • Like 1

Number 8.... be civil. Jails are full of people that said too much, or allowed a search. Co-operate only as far as you legally have to but be civil to them. 

Do you know why I stopped you? (have to be a moron to answer anything but no. Better yet remain silent)

Have you been drinking tonight? (this can only go bad if you answer in the affirmative. Field sobriety tests can't even be passed by a sober person. Just agreeing to one demonstrates impairment. Tell him you suffer from vertigo)

Is this where you live? don't answer

Where you coming form/going tonight? don't answer. For all you know a 7/11 was just robbed behind you.

All cops are cocksuckers out fishing and you are an idiot to take the bait. Your greatest right is to remain silent and record the encounter.

Why are they all cocksuckers? Because when one is, the others don't do anything about it making them all cocksuckers.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

I'd add in the reminder that the cops often have no idea what the actual laws are. The time to fight if your rights are being infringed is later in court not when interacting with the armed dickhead cop. 

4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Number 8.... be civil. Jails are full of people that said too much, or allowed a search. Co-operate only as far as you legally have to but be civil to them. 

Do you know why I stopped you? (have to be a moron to answer anything but no. Better yet remain silent)

Have you been drinking tonight? (this can only go bad if you answer in the affirmative. Field sobriety tests can't even be passed by a sober person. Just agreeing to one demonstrates impairment. Tell him you suffer from vertigo)

Is this where you live? don't answer

Where you coming form/going tonight? don't answer. For all you know a 7/11 was just robbed behind you.

All cops are cocksuckers out fishing and you are an idiot to take the bait. Your greatest right is to remain silent and record the encounter.

Why are they all cocksuckers? Because when one is, the others don't do anything about it making them all cocksuckers.

Funny,i always thought jails were full of people that committed a crime.And you realize sometimes you wont have a choice on a search ? I think they call it "probable cause" ? You need to watch that Chris Rock video on how to deal with the police.lol.

• Like 1

The US has the highest incarceration rate in the world!!! 25% of all prisoners in the world are in the US. 2,000,000 people!!! In 1970 it was 200,000 and now 10 X that. Throwing people in jail is big business. Just imagine fines handed out and legal costs for the innocent!!!!! Many are minor things that could have been avoided. Many are wrong place wrong time. Tell them you don't agree to any search even if they do and you are innocent. If they say they smell drugs tell them to get the dog drug sniffer. It's usually bullshit and not worth their time. Later if they can't prove PC anything found is inadmissible in court. Parolees, if under arrest or something in plain sight (like drugs or weapon) are PC for a search. All the points I posted are simple prudence. Nothing more. If stopped by the police they are not doing it to help you. Why would you stick your head in a noose??? They are after something real or made up. They can say anything they want (lie) to keep you talking till you slip up and give something away they can use against you. 

• Like 1

RE:  Cops:  ALWAYS talk in the softest voice possible - this is BELOW normal talking volume - the tone should be how you would talk to an intimate confidant.  This actually "draws in" the cop which is already subconsciously making him bias to your benefit.

I have used this technique at a DOT office and talked them out of requiring me to get an eye test to remove the glasses restriction on my license.  Of course I had a legitimate argument, but they violated the letter of the law to help me out!  

These people get verbally abused continuously and it's almost like Jedi Mind Suggestion when they interact with someone who is the exact opposite.

Also, if they have you dead nuts for speeding, acting terrified is a BIG BONUS.  I got out of a State Cop ticket in Florida when I kicked in my 427 C20 on the way to Pratt and Whitney - I hit about 100 mph and then immediately slowed down to limit - I saw the cop about 1-2 miles in front of me and knew I was dead meat.

He asked me to get out of the truck and the first words out of my mouth were, "Ya got me, Fair and Square."  Then he asked me where I was going (and why) and I said I had a meeting at Pratt that I was late for.  Of course I lied about the meeting.  I'll never know if he believed that lie but he let me go with a warning.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, john510 said:

WTF ? So you're a "defund the police" guy ? 

I dont think he is saying all that. I think youll find hes saying its encouraged in many counties to take full advantage of low hanging fruit.. Is that you, or will you be smart enough to prevent being “quota’d”. Fine line in terminology, “quota” and “minimum monthly performance”. Most LEO’s will tell you from the moment the lights come on to the point you flip on your turn indicator to depart you are being tested and there is no bell curve, its pass or fail. 

• Like 1

Fuck, I just realized my gearbox is a trans-mission.

WTF

I guess a straight drive is a cis-mission?

Sigh....  I miss the good-ole-days of ordinary hot Lesbian girl-on-girl action...  I mean that at least made sense, right?

But stay away from those Nagasaki Girls that do the Wicky Wacky Woo (!)

Enjoy:  

Edited by Cardinal Grammeter
  • Like 3
40 minutes ago, jbirds510 said:

I dont think he is saying all that. I think youll find hes saying its encouraged in many counties to take full advantage of low hanging fruit.. Is that you, or will you be smart enough to prevent being “quota’d”. Fine line in terminology, “quota” and “minimum monthly performance”. Most LEO’s will tell you from the moment the lights come on to the point you flip on your turn indicator to depart you are being tested and there is no bell curve, its pass or fail. 

Yea i'm not really sure what he's saying.I know this,at 19 years old i already had 21 various tickets with my name on them.Mostly fix it type stuff and some moving violations.An attitude surely didn't help.That got your ass a more thorough inspection and possibly more violations.Admitting and acknowledging i screwed up kept me from having more tickets and getting warnings instead.I'm just speaking from experience.The last time i was pulled over was for speeding pulling a trailer on my way to the sand dunes.I was going 65+ The CHP guy was cool and polite.He asked if i knew why i was pulled over.Speeding was my answer.He wants registration for my quads.One of them i never transferred to my name because i recently bought it.So this nice guy writes me a ticket for the quad and warns me about the speeding.I think i'll stick to NOT playing the "you're violating my civil rights" game.Got the quad in my name,paid a small fee and had no moving violation to deal with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yep, got away from speeding tickets the last two times by being "honest" about it.  First time, evil knievel shot me from ahead.  I slowed down and whipped it to the side of the road beside him.  He only had time to holster the radar gun and was just putting the kickstand back up.  He screamed slow the fuck down at me and sped off.  

The other time was 6-7 years ago when everyone was killing cops and they were extra defensive.  I was speeding and had increased my speed to make an absolute bullshit redlight near the base here.  I pulled right over and had my hands well up.  Reason?  Bad drivers side window regulator.  When he walked up and said put your window down, I explained it was bad and that I was going to reach across my body with my right hand and open the door.  Then we discussed my speed.  I admitted to speeding and then to speeding way up to make the light.  He had to keep telling me to put my hands down because I kept putting them up.  Lol  He let me go with a verbal warning as well.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, john510 said:

WTF ? So you're a "defund the police" guy ? 

No

35 minutes ago, john510 said:

Yea i'm not really sure what he's saying.I know this,at 19 years old i already had 21 various tickets with my name on them.Mostly fix it type stuff and some moving violations.An attitude surely didn't help.That got your ass a more thorough inspection and possibly more violations.Admitting and acknowledging i screwed up kept me from having more tickets and getting warnings instead.I'm just speaking from experience.The last time i was pulled over was for speeding pulling a trailer on my way to the sand dunes.I was going 65+ The CHP guy was cool and polite.He asked if i knew why i was pulled over.Speeding was my answer.He wants registration for my quads.One of them i never transferred to my name because i recently bought it.So this nice guy writes me a ticket for the quad and warns me about the speeding.I think i'll stick to NOT playing the "you're violating my civil rights" game.Got the quad in my name,paid a small fee and had no moving violation to deal with.

Why would you admit to anything????? You are not obliged to admit anything at all. If you were speeding he either writes a ticket or he doesn't. If just transporting quads on a licensed trailer and not riding them, how can he ask for registrations???? If transporting a car on a tailor do you need to prove ownership??? If you told him it wasn't registered in your name then that fine is on you. Don't talk to the police.

I said "know your rights" not "you're violating my rights"

• Like 2
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

No

Why would you admit to anything????? You are not obliged to admit anything at all. If you were speeding he either writes a ticket or he doesn't. If just transporting quads on a licensed trailer and not riding them, how can he ask for registrations???? If transporting a car on a tailor do you need to prove ownership??? If you told him it wasn't registered in your name then that fine is on you. Don't talk to the police.

I said "know your rights" not "you're violating my rights"

Anything you haul down the road (trailered or not) needs a registration.They can ask for it because it's the law ? What part of my story doesn't make sense to you ? I got out of a speeding ticket by being polite and honest.I can guarantee if i would have been a jerk about it i'd have received a speeding ticket along with the fix it ticket.IMO my actions were the right ones obviously.And yes if you're transporting a car on a trailer you need proper documentation.There was zero advantage to not being honest and playing the "no comment" game.You're giving bad advice.

• Like 1

I've met cocksucker, dickhead, power tripping moron cops, and I've met cool, professional, true "Protect and Serve" cops. If I'm approached by law enforcement for ANY reason I give them all 8. I've learned from experience that providing cops information, especially ID, can only harm you, whether guilty or innocent. Remember "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say CAN and WILL be used against you." If you have nothing to hide great, stay calm, be polite, and STFU. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

John I never said to be rude, I said be civil. I did not know you had to have documentation for stuff on a trailer. What if it's a sealed trailer can they demand you open it? Seems illegal to me like searching your vehicle or trunk. But what ever.

California State law regarding hauled vehicles on an open or in a closed flatbed trailer:

The trailer has to be registered, but as long as no wheels touch the road a towed vehicle does not have to be registered with or without a plates.

A cop can ask for rege but you're not obligated to provide it, or allow the officer to look for a vid number. That is unless there's probable cause, ie there is a report of a same make/model car stolen, or there's a loaded handgun and a pile of cocane on the front seat of the tow vehicle. In that case, give the cop all 8, STFU, and find a good lawyer.

Once you've given an officer your license, registration, and proof of insurance you are being detained, and you have the right to know why. Before giving cops anything, always ask nicely "Hello officer, why did you pull me over?". If they don't tell you, it means they have no proof of anything.

I had more moving violations than John before I was 20. I lost my license twice (No DUI) from racing, drifting around corners without signaling, exhibition of speed, and out right speeding. I learned the hard way that 90% of the time, cops have no way of proving you were speeding. That's why when asked for cause, instead of telling you, they say shit like "Well do you know how fast you were going back there?" Instead of incriminating myself by being nice and telling them, I learned to say nicely "No officer I don't" and then I STFU. This has gotten me out of more tickets than I can count. They run my vitals through the system and 15 minutes later I'm on my way. It pays to know your rights, and to used them nicely.

Edited by paradime
  • Like 1