Covid-19 Prepared?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, john510 said:

Well Trump was President at the time.They had to keep the doomsday prediction going.Now it's going to be Biden and the vaccine is perfectly safe to get.

Most people stop calling them predictions when the come true.   

Adverse reactions to a vaccine? Who gives a fuck about survivors.

What other countries are getting it and how many different kinds of vaccine are there??.

Do they all need to be frozen and in two doses??? like Trumps magical elixir???

old-medicine-bottle-vintage-label-hydrox

• Like 1
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Adverse reactions to a vaccine? Who gives a fuck about survivors.

What other countries are getting it and how many different kinds of vaccine are there??.

Do they all need to be frozen and in two doses??? like Trumps magical elixir???

old-medicine-bottle-vintage-label-hydrox

That is not accurate at all. It not working and being "snake oil" was more MSM "fake news", it being a cure probably is not completely accurate but it did have effectiveness or even at the bare minimum there was evidence when those statements were made that it was effective.

American Medical Association actually reversed their opinion in late October to allow prescribing it (image below).

Trump's statements on effectiveness were not just out of thin air either but from a Henry Ford Hospital study that showed it cut death rates in half. The Hospital actually released a statement that they got so much political backlash from Trump talking about it that they were not discussing outside clinical circles anymore. That is not science but politics driving what is discussed. 

There are quite a few in vitro papers going back decades showing effectiveness for hydroxychloroquine in inhibiting coronaviruses so it was not out of left field either. 

Several other countries, for instance India, are using it as a prophylactic along with zinc and vitamin c.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/health/2020/08/03/henry-ford-fauci-trump-hydroxychloroquine-covid-19/5573656002/

EpU0MkhXYAAm9iq.png

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Str8jacket said:

The cure shouldn't do more damage than the disease

The weak will die and the strong will survive.

Taco Bell really needs to get its shit together again and unfuck its menu.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Dguy210 said:

The weak will die and the strong will survive.

Taco Bell really needs to get its shit together again and unfuck its menu.

They fucked that menu.  Hard.  I did not realized it changed.  I had not been in months.  The first three things I tired to order were gone.  So was my 7yo sons favorite.  He was pissed.

• Like 4
12 hours ago, bilzbobaggins said:

They fucked that menu.  Hard.  I did not realized it changed.  I had not been in months.  The first three things I tired to order were gone.  So was my 7yo sons favorite.  He was pissed.

They got rid of the grilled steak taco,i haven't been back since and probably won't go there unless i have no other options.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Is that all Americans do? eat at restaurants and places like taco bell? Don't you ever eat at home? What do you do for Christmas? Turkey sub with manner's cranberries.???

Cant speak for all americans, but I had not been in 5 months.   It was a "treat" for my son.

And personally, I will be eating pussy tomorrow night.  Once again, cant speak for everyone.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Is that all Americans do? eat at restaurants and places like taco bell? Don't you ever eat at home? What do you do for Christmas? Turkey sub with manner's cranberries.???

We eat at home most of the time but actually [used to] eat Taco Bell about once every other week or so. Last 6 months or so we maybe get fast food once every 2 months if that and only whatever the sale deal is (i.e., 2 for $5). 

Taco Bell was cheap and tasty and you could hit McD's for a cheap soda or sweet tea or their dollar menu. Sometimes you're traveling for the day or just tired as shit or have been hauling the kids around all day doing their activities and they are hungry and you are hungry and it will be another hour or so before you get home and you just want to eat something quickly and cheaply.

But also remember your audience, bunch of cheap bastards up in here.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

lol it just seems to come up an awful lot all through the covid last summer and now. I rarely go to a restaurant and fuck any fast food joints.  

If you eat off the dollar menu or sale menu you can feed yourself pretty cheaply. Not as well as it used to be but long ago when I was single it was about as cheap to eat shitty fast food as it was to make something equivalent myself as there was no real economy of scale for buying/making food for myself (not true with a family of course).

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 1

I left California a few months ago and moved to a place where the food FUCKING SUCKS,,,,

have been enjoying home cook meals and buying in bulk to save money. The trade off here is there are no social distance lines.

In Cali the lines were so bad, some were blocks long. Fuck that.

Does anyone here know how to duck hunt? Its what I want to get into.

Trader Joes has the best deals for bulk. 

• Like 2

I mostly eat at home, but, when McRib is in town, I go to Mickey D's! 

McDonald's McRib to return nationally in 2020, sparking celebration -  Business Insider

Edited by Jesse C.
  • Like 1

Yes we eat at home.I eat at a restaurant once a week for breakfast and have fast food (usually Mexican) a couple times a week for dinner.Christmas is ham,mashed potatoes,white corn,rolls,sweet potato's and pie for a dessert.Once a month i get the best burger around at Beef n Bun.

• Like 1

Our local civilian airport has seen a drop in travelers. My wife know a lady that has been hard hit runing a small cafe in the terminal. My wife bought a chicken pie that has to be cooked in the oven but otherwise is frozen and ready to go. Godamn it was good and the pastry as home mads as you can get. Next week we had an apple pie and I cooked it while my wife was working and finished the entire thing during the course of the day. So this helps her we get home cooked pies and we are sort of eating out.

• Like 2