Covid-19 Prepared?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 12/11/2020 at 6:46 PM, bananahamuck said:

Sooo my youngest ( identical twins)are severely disabled .. since they have been alive (19 years) ,, every year we have been doing the hand sanitizer washing toys , since they don’t speak ,,, when they become sick it’s already full blow shit ..

Since we like including family “stories” of heart ship in this thread to add some sort of impact .. TWO of their class mates/play mates ,, since kindergarten has passed away before they would have normally graduated.. 

but back to my sons 

In 2009 ( then 8 year olds)   They both caught H1N1 swine flu,, one was hospitalized for more than a week .. the other was taken care at home for same time..

NONE of you self righteous mask shamers wore a mask then , “ to save the more vulnerable” .... why is it so important for ME to wear a mask for YOU or your kids/grandparents now??  

after this blows over YOU will take off your mask during flu season.... putting all the less fortunate at extreme risk .. but outta news outta sight I guess .. but fuck it why should you care ... Right?? 

As the ponytailed girl says 

shame on you!! 

I ain’t looking for sympathy ,, far from it ,, I’m just trying to make you look in your own mirror.. and stay out of the background of mine. 

but I’m just a guy making poop jokes so who cares right? 

This happens in all kinds of families. I have a severe down syndrome kid/adult now on my wife's side of the family. I hadn't been exposed to this before but after visiting her for the last 7 years I  look forward to the the reunion and big hug and sloppy kiss. They can be happy in spite of the shit life has delt them. I cannot fathom what you have been through Bannanahamuck. The current crap sucks but will also  pass. I hope I haven't said anything offensive this is a difficult topic for those who haven't walked in your shoes. Please educate us In how to deal with your day to day topics. Most have not been in your position so let us know how we can be constructive.

• Like 2
On 12/11/2020 at 3:46 PM, bananahamuck said:

Sooo my youngest ( identical twins)are severely disabled .. since they have been alive (19 years) ,, every year we have been doing the hand sanitizer washing toys , since they don’t speak ,,, when they become sick it’s already full blow shit ..

Since we like including family “stories” of heart ship in this thread to add some sort of impact .. TWO of their class mates/play mates ,, since kindergarten has passed away before they would have normally graduated.. 

but back to my sons 

In 2009 ( then 8 year olds)   They both caught H1N1 swine flu,, one was hospitalized for more than a week .. the other was taken care at home for same time..

NONE of you self righteous mask shamers wore a mask then , “ to save the more vulnerable” .... why is it so important for ME to wear a mask for YOU or your kids/grandparents now??  

after this blows over YOU will take off your mask during flu season.... putting all the less fortunate at extreme risk .. but outta news outta sight I guess .. but fuck it why should you care ... Right?? 

As the ponytailed girl says 

shame on you!! 

I ain’t looking for sympathy ,, far from it ,, I’m just trying to make you look in your own mirror.. and stay out of the background of mine. 

but I’m just a guy making poop jokes so who cares right? 

Amen brother Nanner.

My 10 year old non verbal kiddo caught an extreme case of influenza 12 months ago and spent a week in the hospital and 3 weeks sick in total. The Week before I spent almost every night in her room making sure she was still breathing. Her weight loss was incredible and the wife and I documented it with photos. 

So when the moral Karen police show up, and try to shame me about masks and social behavior... I have no issue telling them "I don't fucking care!" 

I have never been shy about expressing my self in public as the way I do in here..

Masks are an affect item for the people who are scared of reality or its the newest white night fad. I want those shit stains to stay home and let the rest of us continue with life and the risks involved.

Edited by Mattndew76
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a parent of three small disease carrying, walking petri dishes there is not a fucking mask in the world that would stop them either spreading or picking up some sort of illness.

Honestly I have just dumped a sofa that could only be cleansed with fire, they aren't allowed to eat around the house, we try to keep them off of stuff when they are dirty etc, it still should be given over for testing. 

We are on to em to wash their hands when the come home or in from out side. But if there is a bug at school or kindy we are going to have a lap at it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To a point this develops and strengthens our immune systems for later in life. You can't avoid everything but prudent to try a modicum of prevention coming into the family home. Once detoxed and inside you can run around naked if you want. If you got dirty it should be from bugs already in the house that you're used to.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

To a point this develops and strengthens our immune systems for later in life. You can't avoid everything but prudent to try a modicum of prevention coming into the family home. Once detoxed and inside you can run around naked if you want. If you got dirty it should be from bugs already in the house that you're used to.

The wife and I shower immediately when we we get home and throw our clothes straight into the machine.  It’s led to much smaller loads of laundry to deal with and I smell less.  

I try and make as many decisions as possible based on the best information I can get. Especially, when it comes to large scale statistics, also as someone in the field married to someone in the field I am very aware how a lot of the "back scenes" stuff plays out.

Based on the statistics of injury versus protection I will NOT be getting any COVID vaccinations that are currently developed as the  raw numbers for % of injury exceeds the likelihood of injury from Covid for my or my families age groups. As we are all young and healthy does not make sense scientifically (which is rarely addressed in policy decisions). 

Short form is the Pfizer vaccination which seems to be the preferred in my area has side effects at a rate which exceeds the likelihood of side effects of injury for our age groups. If you are old as shit or otherwise immunocompromised I would role the dice on it being the lesser problem. 

For normal healthy children the dangers of covid are so statistically remote and the side effects of the vaccination defined enough that I would not allow them to be vaccinated as the chance of injury is greater from the vaccination by at least 1 and likely 2 orders of magnitude based on the available data.

For the other RNA based vaccination it is a system (Astrozenica if I remember right) that has not been used before in humans so I am worried about long term unknown complications. The Pfizer vaccination is an older system (modified Chimp Adenovirus expressing S1) so is at least more "understood" as far as unintended side effects are concerned. 

However, I also say this as someone who could literally "cook up" a "homebrew" vaccination myself if I really feel like it using the same antigen as the Pfizer system (which is not a scalable system by any means so not useful for vaccination of the public). 

TL;DR, if you are old and/or sick or some other high risk group get the vaccination but if you are healthy and under 60ish the numbers are better for just either not getting it or getting over it if you contract it.

As always if you are an adult you should have the choice to make your own bodily choices with regard to your health. And I would remind you that if you get vaccinated someone else being not-vaccinated does not impact you. 

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
58 minutes ago, Dguy210 said:

I try and make as many decisions as possible based on the best information I can get. Especially, when it comes to large scale statistics, also as someone in the field married to someone in the field I am very aware how a lot of the "back scenes" stuff plays out.

Based on the statistics of injury versus protection I will NOT be getting any COVID vaccinations that are currently developed as the  raw numbers for % of injury exceeds the likelihood of injury from Covid for my or my families age groups. As we are all young and healthy does not make sense scientifically (which is rarely addressed in policy decisions). 

Short form is the Pfizer vaccination which seems to be the preferred in my area has side effects at a rate which exceeds the likelihood of side effects of injury for our age groups. If you are old as shit or otherwise immunocompromised I would role the dice on it being the lesser problem. 

For normal healthy children the dangers of covid are so statistically remote and the side effects of the vaccination defined enough that I would not allow them to be vaccinated as the chance of injury is greater from the vaccination by at least 1 and likely 2 orders of magnitude based on the available data.

For the other RNA based vaccination it is a system (Astrozenica if I remember right) that has not been used before in humans so I am worried about long term unknown complications. The Pfizer vaccination is an older system (modified Chimp Adenovirus expressing S1) so is at least more "understood" as far as unintended side effects are concerned. 

However, I also say this as someone who could literally "cook up" a "homebrew" vaccination myself if I really feel like it using the same antigen as the Pfizer system (which is not a scalable system by any means so not useful for vaccination of the public). 

TL;DR, if you are old and/or sick or some other high risk group get the vaccination but if you are healthy and under 60ish the numbers are better for just either not getting it or getting over it if you contract it.

As always if you are an adult you should have the choice to make your own bodily choices with regard to your health. And I would remind you that if you get vaccinated someone else being not-vaccinated does not impact you. 

Thank you. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dguy210 said:

Good stuff. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Dguy210 said:

Due to many chances for mis-handling [or fraudulent cover up of temperature excursions] along the way, I will not take any vaccine that requires storage during transport at cryogenic temperature and 2  spaced shots.  The other variety?  Maybe after a trial period that shows efficacy under real life conditions.

• Like 1

I'll get vaccinated long after others have been the guinea pig.I've had one flu vaccination in my whole life.I got tired of my Doctor telling me i should have it.I got a little sick for two days afterwards.I've only had a bad flu once in my life so never really worried about a vaccination.The wife got flu shot a few years ago.She got very sick for three days.Now she refuses to get one.I know this is supposed to be rare but i doubt she was already sick before she had the shot.

• Like 2

We're all different but the majority don't have flu shot reactions. I've had them for probably 15 to 20 years now and look forward to them. I can't remember the last time I had actual flu, you know the one where you feel strange for a couple of days then worse and worse over a week, then a week where you feel like the day after you mouthed off to an entire motorcycle gang and they took you outside, then a week of getting better followed with up to a week maybe two of just being wore out tired??? Well fuck that shit. Now I might have a couple or three days of onset feeling rough then better. ANYTHING that would lessen the effects of the seasonal flu? count me in.

The Wu-Flu? for now count me out. It's been rushed and I'll wait to see how others, (guinea pigs) react.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

4 out of ?????? how many? 100,000+? then one chance in 25,000. 

In the general public it happens from 1 to 4 for every 10,000 people per year. So this may just be .... nothing.

For the Pfizer vaccination, which is the more widely understood system, 2 died and 4 got Bell's palsy out of a test group of 44,000 approx. So about 1 in 11,000 reaction, but that does not prove correlation of cause and effect, especially as that is pretty close to the rate of Bell's palsy you would expect out of the general population. Now the lie in the statistics there is vaccine groups for clinical trials do NOT actually involve the general population, instead they tend to preferentially pick healthier populations to have less complicating factors for showing effectiveness. But you can not say based off the evidence the vaccination caused the Bell's palsy, you can go look at the other clinical trials for other vaccinations though to try to get an idea what the rate during a clinical trial is. Moreover, Bell's palsy IS a side effect that has been attributed to other vaccinations so it would not be surprising if later larger population studies show this to be the case here to, but you can't prove it yet. I would also note that it is anecdotal but this is only reported side effects given the size of the study 44,000 this is likely under reported and that is assuming everything was done above board.

What I would worry about is the anaphylaxis reaction if you have other allergies. This was 2 out of a couple thousand vaccinations. Remember anaphylaxis can easily kill you, so having a vaccination with a life threatening side effect in the 1:1000 range for a virus with a survival rate of 99.999% for children to 99.99% for young healthy adults is pretty damn bad. Hence when I said statistically it only makes sense for susceptible populations where the risk of covid exceeds the risk of serious side effects.   They downplay the severity but not what actions they take:

[Edit: I heard some numbers for other side effects as high as 0.6% but was unable to find a source so did not include it until I can verify it.]

From their site, link at bottom:

The MHRA’s updated advice is:

Any person with a history of immediate-onset anaphylaxis to a vaccine, medicine or food should not receive the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine. A second dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine should not be given to those who have experienced anaphylaxis to the first dose of Pfizer/BioNTech vaccination.

Vaccine recipients should be monitored for 15 minutes after vaccination, with a longer observation period when indicated after clinical assessment.

A protocol for the management of anaphylaxis and an anaphylaxis pack must always be available whenever the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine is given. Immediate treatment should include early treatment with 0.5mg intramuscular adrenaline (0.5ml of 1:1000 or 1mg/ml adrenaline), with an early call for help and further IM adrenaline every 5 minutes. The health professionals overseeing the immunisation service must be trained to recognise an anaphylactic reaction and be familiar with techniques for resuscitation of a patient with anaphylaxis.

The individuals concerned received prompt treatment and are recovering well.

Like all medicines and vaccines, this vaccine can cause side effects. Most of these are mild and short-term, and not everyone gets them.

Link to Yellow Card scheme COVID-19 reporting site

Link:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/confirmation-of-guidance-to-vaccination-centres-on-managing-allergic-reactions-following-covid-19-vaccination-with-the-pfizer-biontech-vaccine

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 1

Click bait. That old cunt is still around. Probably in her castle eating cake. As Louis Wu would say; tanj

What's more amazing is Niven is still alive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Dguy210 said:

For the Pfizer vaccination, which is the more widely understood system, 2 died and 4 got Bell's palsy out of a test group of 44,000 approx. So about 1 in 11,000 reaction, but that does not prove correlation of cause and effect, especially as that is pretty close to the rate of Bell's palsy you would expect out of the general population. Now the lie in the statistics there is vaccine groups for clinical trials do NOT actually involve the general population, instead they tend to preferentially pick healthier populations to have less complicating factors for showing effectiveness. But you can not say based off the evidence the vaccination caused the Bell's palsy, you can go look at the other clinical trials for other vaccinations though to try to get an idea what the rate during a clinical trial is. Moreover, Bell's palsy IS a side effect that has been attributed to other vaccinations so it would not be surprising if later larger population studies show this to be the case here to, but you can't prove it yet. I would also note that it is anecdotal but this is only reported side effects given the size of the study 44,000 this is likely under reported and that is assuming everything was done above board.

What about vaccine efficacy? If patients in the trials aren't purposely exposed to the virus, how can they claim any particular efficacy?

Edited by thisismatt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

What about vaccine efficacy? If patients I'm the trials aren't purposely exposed to the virus, how can they claim any particular efficacy?

Short and simple form is you compare it to a similar sized cohort who received a placebo and look for rate of infection between the groups.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine_efficacy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Click bait. That old cunt is still around. Probably in her castle eating cake. As Louis Wu would say; tanj

Ya they neutralized that munster ages ago along with her spying Uber driver. The fact she resigned years later is just proof she was swamp aggregate to catch more scum.

I'ma hold off when this shit comes out and wait and see what happens. 

NEVER forget who's responsible for this debacle

I won't forget - but there is a side in that argument that refuses to accept the Chicom's are responsible and they are about to take office.

• Like 1