Covid-19 Prepared?

1 hour ago, Dguy210 said:

To be clear I'm not insulting you . I'm insulting the plan.

I appreciate the distinction and remain committed to my plan. I  do not believe it is a sin to be rich. I believe you should have control over all the money you earn while living and control of where you money is placed after you die, with one limitation. We even share some common ground in taking offense with those who profit without working. I do not take issue with anyone who has created a fortune. I envy their success insofar that I aspire to duplicate it, but have no such respect for their progeny. My proposal isn't throwing anyone into the street. It lowers the inheritors from super rich to rich. The benefits of this are many, more wealthy people, as opposed to a few super wealthy, create more opportunities, buy more stuff, trickle more down.Trickle down economics isn't a bad theory, so long as, everyone isn't gathering beneath a single tap. Also, my disdain for trust funders is not unwarranted. Those whose lives have been free from financial worry often have very different world views, from common folk, like me. It is worrisome when those with these unique beliefs are given the funds to pedal national influence.

But, yes, there are communist overtones to this wealth distribution and the potential for a "slippery slope"  is a legitimate concern.

Communism the same as Capitalism is unjust in the extreme. There are many capitalism compromises that have been made over the decades without destroying the Union. In my opinion, a flourishing elite ultra rich class is a greater threat than  potential slip into a communist state.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is pure and simple communism.

3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

That's... communism.

wow.gif

What's the first thing that you think of when you see someone in a limo, floating around in a $50 million dollar yacht with naked chicks, climbing into his personal jet ..... right, he's  "Living The American Dream" It's the right to amass (and hang onto) all the money and power you are capable of.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

What's the first thing that you think of when you see someone in a limo, floating around in a $50 million dollar yacht with naked chicks, climbing into his personal jet ..... right, he's  "Living The American Dream" It's the right to amass (and hang onto) all the money and power you are capable of.

Couldn't agree more, so long as the one who earned that limo, yacht, jet, is living.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, frankendat said:

Couldn't agree more, so long as the one who earned that limo, yacht, jet, is living.

Corporations are considered "people" under the constitution. Let's say I put all the money into an effectively immortal corporation that control is passed down through my family. Oh, look your plan has been undone by 5 minutes worth of easy business planning.

Unless you suggest the corporation should pass to the government upon the death of the founder which is nationalization of private interests....or communism.

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 1

I don't have a problem with people amassing a large fortune and willing it to there family or anyone else they want to give it to when they die, I have a problem with them not paying their fair share of taxes just like the middle class does and everyone else for that matter, the problem is they buy off people like Hilary Clinton to make laws that let them not pay their taxes legally, this came up in the 2016 debates, Hilary Clinton started taking about how Trump didn't pay his fair share of taxes, Trumps reply was he just used the laws that Hilary Clinton and the like wrote for their friends and he would be stupid not to use them, I don't believe that subject ever came up again in the debates although I could be wrong, but Hilary Clinton never talked about it again as I expect her friends told her to shut the **** up, it was best that light not be shown where they really didn't want it shown.

This all could be fixed(although it is not broke) with term limits and no compensation for anyone in public office from anyone, you take money or a job in the future for your vote you rot in prison for the rest of your life without the possibility of parole, Washington and Oregon voted in term limits and the powers that be found that unconstitutional, ain't that sweet, the people your trying to get rid of because they are corrupt made it unconstitutional to force them out of office, if that is not a crime then what they are saying Trump did is petty whining on their part, to this day when these petty Democrat politicians start whining about Trump I change the channel, and I didn't even vote for the guy, I didn't vote for her either, it was 2 terrible choices in my opinion, and this up coming election is not any better, 2 terrible choices.

Edited by wayno
  • Like 5

Corporations are considered "people" under the constitution. Let's say I put all the money into an effectively immortal corporation that control is passed down through my family. Oh, look your plan has been undone by 5 minutes worth of easy business planning.

Unless you suggest the corporation should pass to the government upon the death of the founder which is nationalization of private interests....or communism.

Edited 6 minutes ago by Dguy210

If you want to take pot shots at my plan, I can answer, but it is only wasting time. I could even try to sugar coat the plan to get more onboard, but that would be dishonest. While we argue over table scraps, others partake of unearned feasts. I am against communism in theory as countries that have embraced it have gutted the individual rights of their citizenry.  But, I try to be a "semi realist" and will not bitch about an issue unless I have a better plan. So, I have a plan that would ensure American prosperity for the next century. On present course America is barreling toward revolution and a mass curtailing of individual liberty. Lucky for me it will probably not get shitty enough for revolutionary war in my lifetime. Unlucky for me, it will still get shitty. It's easy to say someone's plan is bullshit without putting forth a viable alternatives.

As I have said, it's a matter of extremes. For example and to steer back to an issue of this thread, socialized medicine has far deeper connection to communism then my five million inheritance tax cap. But, Americans are being forced into socialized health care. Bloated Dr. and Administration salaries, malpractice insurance, gross overcharging, has made all but the most routine procedures, six digit events. I didn't pay six digits for my house. So, either let many go into bankruptcy and then use tax money to pay off the medical bills, the court bills and all the interest, or set up some kind of socialized (communist) health care. Of course there is always the option of letting the poor die, at least that will speed up the revolution.   My tax plan has the benefit of only impacting the ultra rich (under 5 mil = no tax) and if all inheritance gifts are 5 mil or less again = no tax. The 5 mil is not a hard ceiling someone could still inherit more, but amount above 5 mil is taxed at high rate.

33 minutes ago, wayno said:

when these petty Democrat politicians start whining about Trump I change the channel, and I didn't even vote for the guy, I didn't vote for her either, it was 2 terrible choices in my opinion, and this up coming election is not any better, 2 terrible choices.

Trump is an incompetent ass and given the current political landscape, I'm looking forward to voting for him again.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, frankendat said:

If you want to take pot shots at my plan, I can answer, but it is only wasting time. I could even try to sugar coat the plan to get more onboard, but that would be dishonest. While we argue over table scraps, others partake of unearned feasts. I am against communism in theory as countries that have embraced it have gutted the individual rights of their citizenry.  But, I try to be a "semi realist" and will not bitch about an issue unless I have a better plan. So, I have a plan that would ensure American prosperity for the next century. On present course America is barreling toward revolution and a mass curtailing of individual liberty. Lucky for me it will probably not get shitty enough for revolutionary war in my lifetime. Unlucky for me, it will still get shitty. It's easy to say someone's plan is bullshit without putting forth a viable alternatives.

As I have said, it's a matter of extremes. For example and to steer back to an issue of this thread, socialized medicine has far deeper connection to communism then my five million inheritance tax cap. But, Americans are being forced into socialized health care. Bloated Dr. and Administration salaries, malpractice insurance, gross overcharging, has made all but the most routine procedures, six digit events. I didn't pay six digits for my house. So, either let many go into bankruptcy and then use tax money to pay off the medical bills, the court bills and all the interest, or set up some kind of socialized (communist) health care. Of course there is always the option of letting the poor die, at least that will speed up the revolution.   My tax plan has the benefit of only impacting the ultra rich (under 5 mil = no tax) and if all inheritance gifts are 5 mil or less again = no tax. The 5 mil is not a hard ceiling someone could still inherit more, but amount above 5 mil is taxed at high rate.

"If you want to take pot shots at my plan, I can answer, but it is only wasting time"

Then answer. Nothing you have said has addressed any of the criticisms of your "plan". All you have done is repeated it.

You don't want to answer because you can NOT logically argue against the criticisms. Your plan is fundamentally flawed and unworkable. 

"I didn't pay six digits for my house."

You realize a 100,000 house would be six digits right? More than that is a pretty common price for a house in the US these days.

Once again, your plan fails at "ensuring American prosperity", it literally does the exact opposite.

"My tax plan has the benefit of only impacting the ultra rich (under 5 mil = no tax)".

Almost no one considers "5 million" the ultra rich by any means. Many small business owners are worth about that much everything taken together. 

"While we argue over table scraps, others partake of unearned feasts."

How is money someone makes when it goes over "5 million" suddenly "unearned"? Back up your argument with data not feelings.

" I am against communism in theory as countries that have embraced it have gutted the individual rights of their citizenry.  But, I try to be a "semi realist" and will not bitch about an issue unless I have a better plan"

This sounds like being a "semi realist" supports communism? 

Your diatribe on socialized healthcare is not relevant to the discussion. But yeah that is definitely on the spectrum towards communism.

Given the totality of those two statements and the overall gist of your "plan" that would be supporting communism. Saying in one hand "I don't support the theory of communism" while talking about plans that support communism is.... still being COMMUNIST.

You remember communism, right? The ideology that resulted in over a 100 million deaths last century and much much more destruction. 

Communism is literally the must destructive ideology in human lives and misery to ever exist. So yeah, I have a big problem with things that sound like communism or try to sugarcoat an approach to it.

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, Dguy210 said:

You remember communism, right? The ideology that resulted in over a 100 million deaths last century and much much more destruction. 

Communism is literally the must destructive ideology in human lives and misery to ever exist. So yeah, I have a big problem with things that sound like communism or try to sugarcoat an approach to it.

You Can Trust the Communists (to be Communists) by Dr. Fred C. Schwarz

The Communists believe they are at war. They desire "peace" with all their hearts. But to them, peace is that golden consummation when the progressive force of Communism totally overwhelms American imperialism and climaxes in Communist world conquest. By definition , "peace" is Communist world conquest.

Since this is true, any action that advances Communist conquest is a "peaceful" action. When the armies of the Communist Chinese encompass the Tibetans, robbing them of their land and food, stimulating them to frantic, hopeless revolt, and then massacring them, they are consummating peace.

When Khrushchev ordered Russian tanks into Budapest to fire into the apartment buildings, reducing them to rubble, entombing man, woman and child, in his heart he had a song of peace.

The Communists use the word "peace" in their own sense with total sincerity. We interpret it in our sense. We are the victims, not of their hypocrisy, but of our own ignorance.

http://www.schwarzreport.org/resources/you-can-trust-the-communists-to-be-communists

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, frankendat said:

and to steer back to an issue of this thread, socialized medicine has far deeper connection to communism then...

I think that was covid19 related

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

I think that was covid19 related

Although, I'm convinced you should just rename this thread to something like "2020: The shitshow continues"

• Like 4

Wow. All I got out of that is Frankendot hates trustfunders. Some people won the lottery being born into a wealthy family. They didn't commit a crime. The drawback with the freedom to succeed is it comes with the freedom to fail. Basically you will get out of life what you put into it. The best part is pissing and moaning about the goverments response to COVID and then in the same breath wanting that same Gov. To run the healthcare system. Anyways back to Covid. 

• Like 3

I don't care much for trust fund douchebags but it's mostly misplaced envy... and it's the douchebags not the institution of handing down wealth. There is always the chance that by luck or circumstance I could strike it rich or my kids through their own enterprise become wealthy. I would also add that they wouldn't have it handed to them like some so that they not become like a douchebag.  

• Like 1
11 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

The Communists believe they are at war. They desire "peace" with all their hearts. But to them, peace is that golden consummation when the progressive force of Communism totally overwhelms American imperialism and climaxes in Communist world conquest. By definition , "peace" is Communist world conquest.

Since this is true, any action that advances Communist conquest is a "peaceful" action. When the armies of the Communist Chinese encompass the Tibetans, robbing them of their land and food, stimulating them to frantic, hopeless revolt, and then massacring them, they are consummating peace.

When Khrushchev ordered Russian tanks into Budapest to fire into the apartment buildings, reducing them to rubble, entombing man, woman and child, in his heart he had a song of peace.

The Communists use the word "peace" in their own sense with total sincerity. We interpret it in our sense. We are the victims, not of their hypocrisy, but of our own ignorance.

http://www.schwarzreport.org/resources/you-can-trust-the-communists-to-be-communists

In Russian "Mir" means both "peace" and "world", so when Russia says "We want peace" they could well mean "We want the world."

• Like 3
13 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

This 'stuff' is 60 years out of date and written at the peak of the Cold War. ...and you can certainly trust a capitalist to be a capitalist, a fascist to be a fascist, a monarchy to be...   Any 'communist' countries today are in name only and mostly capitalist in practice. 

What country who is putting down rebellion isn't after peace????? What country fighting another no matter the ideology, isn't looking for peace at the end???? once they win.

• Like 1