Covid-19 Prepared?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

That's how this shit spreads. Yeah social distancing, duh!

My words had nothing to do with Covid.Didn't even cross my mind.But you are correct.The both of them could have been infected.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And that is how they will divide the people of this country, they will pit everyone against each other over the wearing of masks and such stuff and the only winners will be them the powers that be.

I also know that a rich guy and his friends just lost a law suit over mandatory vaccinations, why did they lose you ask, because they could not prove that any vaccinations given over the last 30 years were safe in the United States Supreme Court, of course they are appealing, rich people like that don't take no for an answer.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

I'm curious when I read statements like this because the answer doesn't jump out at me. What do the powers that be... win?

Powers that be = the wealthy elite

Win/long term = access, control, subjugation

Win/short term = acquisition of wealth

• Like 4
16 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

101263323_2651869258473286_3787692110283

SimilarAdoredCaecilian-small.gif

What is the coronavirus incubation period?

The incubation period for COVID-19 is thought to extend to 14 days, with a median time of 4-5 days from exposure to symptoms onset. One study reported that 97.5% of persons with COVID-19 who develop symptoms will do so within 11.5 days of SARS-CoV-2 infection.

• Like 4
16 hours ago, frankendat said:

Powers that be = the wealthy elite

Win/long term = access, control, subjugation

Win/short term = acquisition of wealth

14 hours ago, datzenmike said:

But isn't that the very definition of the American dream??

1 hour ago, john510 said:

No it's not.

The American Dream....

noun: American dream
  1. the ideal by which equality of opportunity is available to any American, allowing the highest aspirations and goals to be achieved.

Wealth/power are interchangeable, and control.... sure looks like The American Dream to me.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:
noun: American dream
  1. the ideal by which equality of opportunity is available to any American, allowing the highest aspirations and goals to be achieved.

At present, equality of opportunity is NOT available to any American. Those who have enjoyed success, manipulate the system to prevent ascension of others. I purposed legislation, some time  ago, titled the Five Million Dollar Death Tax. In sum, up to five million dollars could be inherited by any individual, charity, organization,or entity, tax free. Any amount above five million, inherited by any individual, charity, organization,or entity, would be taxed at 95%. Have ten million dollars, or a ten million dollar estate or company? Better split it between two, or take a tax hit. I was flexible on the five million, to compromise I was willing to accept a higher number, so long as there was a number, a ceiling. It should have been obvious, but my proposal received no support from  any political party. Like immigration, health care, and a multitude of other systems, strict capitalism is unsuited for operation in the extreme. Population has shoved all aforementioned issues into the extreme. The system is out of balance.

To extend American prosperity for another 100 years, your definition of the American dream, should be modified to "... the ideal by which equality of opportunity is available to any American, allowing the highest aspirations and goals to be achieved (in their life)". 100 years is my wishful thinking, no empire will endure indefinitely.

• Like 1

Well the definition does say "the ideal by which..."

No one would ever agree to your proposition. Why would anyone even try if at the end, 95% of what you worked for is taken away by the state. That's... communism. No one would try harder than 5 million dollars worth.

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, frankendat said:

At present, equality of opportunity is NOT available to any American. Those who have enjoyed success, manipulate the system to prevent ascension of others. I purposed legislation, some time  ago, titled the Five Million Dollar Death Tax. In sum, up to five million dollars could be inherited by any individual, charity, organization,or entity, tax free. Any amount above five million, inherited by any individual, charity, organization,or entity, would be taxed at 95%. Have ten million dollars, or a ten million dollar estate or company? Better split it between two, or take a tax hit. I was flexible on the five million, to compromise I was willing to accept a higher number, so long as there was a number, a ceiling. It should have been obvious, but my proposal received no support from  any political party. Like immigration, health care, and a multitude of other systems, strict capitalism is unsuited for operation in the extreme. Population has shoved all aforementioned issues into the extreme. The system is out of balance.

To extend American prosperity for another 100 years, your definition of the American dream, should be modified to "... the ideal by which equality of opportunity is available to any American, allowing the highest aspirations and goals to be achieved (in their life)". 100 years is my wishful thinking, no empire will endure indefinitely.

The unintended consequences of this tax plan would be huge. 

Off the top of my head I can think of a multitude of ways to skirt and/or subvert it.

But my more important question should be: the government wastes the money it already gets and pretty much fucks up or runs poorly most institutions it runs. Why the hell should they get more money? 

How about less taxes and no one has a right to the money someone else made. 

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Dguy210 said:

The unintended consequences of this tax plan would be huge. 

Off the top of my head I can think of a multitude of ways to skirt and/or subvert it.

But my more important question should be: the government wastes the money it already gets and pretty much fucks up or runs poorly most institutions it runs. Why the hell should they get more money? 

How about less taxes and no one has a right to the money someone else made. 

I do not believe that my plan would provide the government more discretion on tax allocation or greater tax revenue. If you have more than five million, then will (after your death) it to more than one person, one organization, one entity and pay zero tax. The five million dollar death tax could go hand in hand with a flat tax (instead of our current system) to provide more money in pocket while you are alive.

As far as subversion, of course it will be subverted, the middle class pay more tax then billionaires, but it would be a step towards ending the elite class.

• Like 1
American dream

This would put a $5 million cap on the American Dream.

26 minutes ago, frankendat said:

I do not believe that my plan would provide the government more discretion on tax allocation or greater tax revenue. If you have more than five million, then will (after your death) it to more than one person, one organization, one entity and pay zero tax. The five million dollar death tax could go hand in hand with a flat tax (instead of our current system) to provide more money in pocket while you are alive.

As far as subversion, of course it will be subverted, the middle class pay more tax then billionaires, but it would be a step towards ending the elite class.

Let me see if I can make this as clear as possible how monumentally stupid this idea is.

Let's say I have 10 million dollars. I wish to give this to my kids without paying a bunch of money to the government to waste.

Do I. 1. just will it to some organization or the government by your thinking to help poor people who have never worked to earn it? Or 2. Do I figure out a way of subverting the tax to keep the fruits of my labor.  All of human history says number 2. For example, maybe I go about buying physical things I can leave my children, setting up dummy organizations I have them run that I leave the money to, giving them undervalue gifts...etc.. all the ways inheritance taxes and gift limits are subverted now. Or maybe I just setup a corporation to hold the money and pay myself a $1 wage so I "own" nothing and everything is owned by the corporation. No matter what law you pass if humans are strongly motivated to subvert they will figure out clever ways of doing so.

The idea is simplistic and does nothing to actually address the problem you stated. It can be worked around within minutes through a multitude of different ways. Your legislature was ignored because it was unrealistic, communistic, and completely useless.

I will say it again the government is the single worse entity you could possibly give money to if you are trying to help people. Literally your plan would just grow the military industrial complex due to potentially more money coming in (if it even worked, which it wouldn't). Your success would actually result in everyone being worse off and more people killed.

• Like 3

I see no need for insults, for some reason you are misinterpreting my plan. I believe my writing skills are up to task. To use your example

9 minutes ago, Dguy210 said:

Let's say I have 10 million dollars. I wish to give this to my kids without paying a bunch of money to the government to waste.

You 1. Give it to more than 1 kid and pay ZERO tax.

But what if you only have 1 kid? Give 5 million to one kid and 5 million to a friend or to the save the bunnies foundation or to whatever the hell else, because it's your money.

The only thing this attempts to stop is the furthering of the entitled trust fund douchebags, whose great great great grand dad, made a crap load of cash and it sits in banks collecting interest (not trickling down but centralizing wealth) Further, I am right that after one or two generations the dead should have no impact on the living. Give your 10 million to your kids, to your grandkids and if they save it and pass it along...great, but your influence stops.

I can't argue that it will be subverted as soon as implemented, but the potential for crime should not freeze innovation.  Besides, are you really one of the people this legislation would impact? Someone with more millions than family or friends?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, frankendat said:

Gee i wonder why it got no support from any political party ? It probably wouldn't have the support of most hard working Americans that didn't even have that much money.

2 minutes ago, john510 said:

Gee i wonder why it got no support from any political party ? It probably wouldn't have the support of most hard working Americans that didn't even have that much money.

Which is why it is frustrating. Political parties did not support out of fear of upsetting their super rich donors. So it never was presented to hard working Americans that don't even have that much money. The only people this would impact are those who think that a 5 million dollar head start is not enough and really, fuck those people (truthfully, I was open to raising the 5 million threshold to gain support, just as long as a threshold was set)

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, frankendat said:

I see no need for insults, for some reason you are misinterpreting my plan. I believe my writing skills are up to task. To use your example

You 1. Give it to more than 1 kid and pay ZERO tax.

But what if you only have 1 kid? Give 5 million to one kid and 5 million to a friend or to the save the bunnies foundation or to whatever the hell else, because it's your money.

The only thing this attempts to stop is the furthering of the entitled trust fund douchebags, whose great great great grand dad, made a crap load of cash and it sits in banks collecting interest (not trickling down but centralizing wealth) Further, I am right that after one or two generations the dead should have no impact on the living. Give your 10 million to your kids, to your grandkids and if they save it and pass it along...great, but your influence stops.

I can't argue that it will be subverted as soon as implemented, but the potential for crime should not freeze innovation.  Besides, are you really one of the people this legislation would impact? Someone with more millions than family or friends?

To be clear I'm not insulting you . I'm insulting the plan. It is fundamentally flawed in conception and planning. In short, it would not work in the way you think it would and would not solve the problem you are trying to solve. Therefore, the plan is stupid. Let me give you an analogy; let's say I say we should mine the moon for cheese to solve world hunger. You would call that stupid as it completely unhinged in reality or common sense, much as your plan completely ignores the real world actions of human beings and even if successful still wouldn't solve the "problem" you are trying to solve.

But I would note you seem to believe it is a "sin" to be rich, note the  "trust fund douchebags" bit. So you seem to have no problem insulting people just based on class. Your plan is only a punishment on the rich. That is it. You hate more successful people and are jealous of that success so feel they should be prevented from being rich.

Also, why would it matter if I'm "really one of the people this legislation would impact?". To be true to my own morals I need to call out theft, and this is theft, even if does not directly effect me. Because it is still fundamentally immoral and wrong. You do not have the right to be the arbitrator of who has money or how much of it they have. Also, what happens 5 years down the road when you decide "oh 5 million is too high, let's make it 1 million, or 200 thousand, or you have property, etc...". It is pure and simple communism.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, frankendat said:

Which is why it is frustrating. Political parties did not support out of fear of upsetting their super rich donors. So it never was presented to hard working Americans that don't even have that much money. The only people this would impact are those who think that a 5 million dollar head start is not enough and really, fuck those people (truthfully, I was open to raising the 5 million threshold to gain support, just as long as a threshold was set)

I'm one of those people that believes if you worked for it,earned it,inherited it or won the lottery and you paid your taxes according to the laws set in place,IT'S YOURS TO KEEP.And i'm not rich by any means.I know we have an inheritance tax already and frankly i think it's bullshit.

• Like 3